Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Re: Jonesville Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouvere View Post
Hey no moving to Arkansas.
Si....

Moving on to Arkansas.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
Dunno... Maybe the rapture happened and she was the only one that made it.

WHEW!!! I hope not
Old 04-10-2008, 10:37 AM
GO CUBBIES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Hi I was born in Jonesville, La. And I have noticed others on AFF that are fron the great state of La. I know Sis Alvear is. and I wonder if she knows of others from there.

Sister Alvear: I was born in Jonesville, La. Harris family. Mabel Hardy is my Aunt and Clifford Harris is my Uncle. I was born in 1927. Alma Jeffery, Coleman, Harris was my cuz. My father was Archie Harris.. Friends in Jonesville were the C.B. Wiley

Any one from Louisiana jump in and say hi.

I am from North Louisiana!!!! where is jonesville????
Old 04-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Registered Member

About 20 miles west of Neches Miss. In the swamps. LOL
Old 04-10-2008, 11:25 AM
GO CUBBIES!

Quote:

oh okay. i am in north La.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:50 AM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Quote:
Hi I was born in Jonesville, La. And I have noticed others on AFF that are fron the great state of La. I know Sis Alvear is. and I wonder if she knows of others from there.

Sister Alvear: I was born in Jonesville, La. Harris family. Mabel Hardy is my Aunt and Clifford Harris is my Uncle. I was born in 1927. Alma Jeffery, Coleman, Harris was my cuz. My father was Archie Harris.. Friends in Jonesville were the C.B. Wiley

This is the first time that I have looked in on this forum for many months. This caught my attention.

Yes, I am from Jonesville but I left there when I was quite young, leaving many friends and family members there. Many have passed away but there are still some cousins and long time friends that still live there.

My father and his immediate family were some of the founding members of the First Pentecostal Church in the 1930s. I still remember some of the wonderful people that attended that church back in the 1940s. There were the Kings, the Tarvers, the DeLeost and Wiley families among many others. I have family members still in that church.

My Dad with his older brother was a moonshiner but soon got the Holy Ghost under the ministry of brother Hemphill who was in the community conducting cottage prayer meetings. My Dad was the first to receive the Holy Ghost but shortly afterwards almost all of his large family received the Holy Ghost except his Dad who was killed in a hail of gun fire down-town Jonesville only a year earlier.

I started school with Murrell Ewing in the first grade across the street at Block Elem school where my Dad also started school in the 19 teens. I will never forget one of my teachers there by the Majorie Smith. She hated "the Holy Rollers" and very often made fun of us...especially me.

Before I moved with my immediate family, we lived on Little River very near the Tarpley family. The Tarpleys were such good friends that as a young child I thught that Howard Tarpley was my cousin and that his mama was my aunt. We farmed cotten which we picked by hand. Those were the (not so) good ol' days but the glory of God was so much nearer the earth in those days. The glory of the Lord has greatly lifted up from the earth heavenward since then.

After Brother Clarence Wiley died from being thrown from a horse and after my mother died, my Dad married his widow whom we called "Little Mama." Bother my Dad and mother have long since departed this continent for a distant shore where all is peace and joy...in a land where rules a Righteous Governor, the King of Kings.

Incidently, John Allen Coleman is my age. They lived next door to my grandmother in 1948.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:58 PM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Quote:
Do you mean Natchez? Little Natchez under the hill is where my Dad and his older brother sold their whiskey in the late 20s to the riverboat rats that docked there and patronized the open whorehouses and barrell houses. Natchez under the hill was a lawless place in those days.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:11 PM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Quote:

My father married C.B. Wiley's mother after my mother passed away. I have known the wiley family all my life. My father helped to build the church in Jonesville. I attended there when Clarence Wiley was the Pastor in the late 40s and early 50s.

I still remember many of the saints in those days, some of whom:

The King family
The Hardy family
The DeLost (sp?) family
The Tarver family
The Miller family
The Strange family
The Miller family
Emma Edwards
The Wiley family
The Coleman family
The Lofton family
These among many others as well.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Me and my sister Terri

Quote:

Hi Sandra Sullivan here from Baton Rouge
Old 12-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Do any of y'all know anyone from Bogalusa?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV