Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 06-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

Thank GOD for our Supreme Court

They have made and are yet to make more big decisions that will affect the course of our nation for years to come.

We should hold them up in prayer, along with the rest of our government.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Registered Member

Re: Thank GOD for our Supreme Court

I was shocked by the Supreme Court's ruling on the Arizona Immigration law, but at least there is some closure on the one specific issue that caused the greatest stir.

I wonder how it's going to be carried out everyday in Arizona?
Old 06-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Registered Member

No more "automatic" life sentences for juveniles-- I think the idea of sentencing a juvenile to a life behind bars is "cruel and unusual" anyway. I am glad the Supreme Court made this decision.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

agreed on the life sntences how ever they can still stop and check immigration status which i feel they should,time to clean house
Old 06-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Registered Member

and anyone who thinks we dont need the stop and check only need to see this 12 years and no one can ask nothing !!!! http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-news...ml?source=WYFF
Old 06-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
They have made and are yet to make more big decisions that will affect the course of our nation for years to come.

We should hold them up in prayer, along with the rest of our government.

I do pray for our Supreme Court Justices along with our President, our House and Senate members, and the President's Cabinet. Also included in my prayers are the Governor, State Legislature, and State Supreme Court of Ohio and our city and county officials. I pray for them because that is my understanding of what Paul the Apostle speaks about in 1 Timothy chapter 2

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 06-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

It is my understanding that there were 4 issues involved in the Arizona law. The Supreme Court threw out 3 of them and decided for Arizona on one of them but left the door open for that issue to go through further legal litigation in its implementation. So both the federal government and the Arizona government will spin this to claim victory.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship

Last edited by Sam; 06-25-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: correct typo
Old 06-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
No more "automatic" life sentences for juveniles-- I think the idea of sentencing a juvenile to a life behind bars is "cruel and unusual" anyway. I am glad the Supreme Court made this decision.
The good news is that this ruling does not preclude life sentances for juveniles it just means they cannot be automatic as part of a state law.

There are some absolutely pure evil teenagers that need to be put away for life without any chance of parole and thankfully this ruling will not keep that from happening.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 06-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

I wonder if there will ever be a point in America where the illegal immigration gets so bad that Americans attituse toward immigration changes significantly enough that the bleeding will ever be stopped. Europeans liked to see themselves as open minded and compassionate with their loose immigration laws. Now they are seeing a shift in attitudes as a result of immigrants fundamentally or seeking to fundamentally change those nations. I'm for legal immigration. I think ignoring illegal immigration will be devastating for America's furture. I hope there will be leaders in the near future who will actually do something of substance about the illegal immigration debacle. Both parties have been cowards on the issue.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
I wonder if there will ever be a point in America where the illegal immigration gets so bad that Americans attituse toward immigration changes significantly enough that the bleeding will ever be stopped. Europeans liked to see themselves as open minded and compassionate with their loose immigration laws. Now they are seeing a shift in attitudes as a result of immigrants fundamentally or seeking to fundamentally change those nations. I'm for legal immigration. I think ignoring illegal immigration will be devastating for America's furture. I hope there will be leaders in the near future who will actually do something of substance about the illegal immigration debacle. Both parties have been cowards on the issue.
If that happens it will be too late. Right now it seems that a majority of the legal immigrants (I am speaking mainly of Hispanics now) just want an easy way for all of their friends and relatives to join them in America, laws be dammed.

Liberals see these folks as for sure liberal / democrat voters once they have citizenship so there is an all out push to legalize those here and keep the floodgates open for more to come.

All the while sane people who support immigration in an organized, limited and LEGAL manner are characterized as "anti immigratoin". NO!!! I am anti ILLEGAL immigration.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"