Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:20 AM
Registered Member

30-Year Old Ordered to Vacate Parent's Home

"A 30-year-old man who was ordered by a judge to vacate his parents’ New York home after living rent-free for nearly a decade"

"State Supreme Justice Donald Greenwood ruled it was time for the Michael Rotondo to move out of the Camillus home where his parents, Christina and Mark Rotondo, live. The parents brought their son to court after spending three months trying to kick him out, to no avail."

He dropped out of college because he "couldn't hack the math."

"On Feb. 2, the parents penned their first note, saying Rotondo had two weeks to vacate his room and he “will not be allowed to return.” The couple added that they will do whatever it takes to get their adult son out of their house, CNYCentral reported.

Rotondo took the threat lightly, prompting his parents to write four more letters demanding him to move out. They attempted to provide incentives — including $1,100 to look for a new home, life advice and 30 days to vacate — before they filed a petition earlier this month in the Supreme Court of New York State to get their son kicked out."

Dude wants to appeal and demanded the court give him a 6-mo notice. The court called it "outrageous" and ordered him to vacate immediately.

Man, these millennials . . .
Old 05-23-2018, 11:43 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: 30-Year Old Ordered to Vacate Parent's Home

The Future of America?

lol

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-23-2018, 11:43 AM
Covenant Apostolic

There are more Millennials then any other age group, and more people are living in multigenerational families.

Millennials are projected to outnumber Baby Boomers next year. Numbering 71 million in 2016, Millennials in the United States are approaching Baby Boomers (74 million) in population and are projected to surpass them as the nation’s largest living adult generation in 2019. The Millennial generation, defined as Americans born from 1981 to 1996, corresponds to adults ages 22 to 37 in 2018.

Millennials are already the largest generation in the U.S. labor force, making up 35% of the total. (They surpassed Generation X in 2016.) Although Boomers formed the majority of the labor force in the early and mid-1980s, they made up just 25% of the total in 2017, as many older members of this generation reached retirement age.

In the political arena, the number of Millennials who are eligible to vote in the U.S. is approaching that of Boomers. As of November 2016, Millennials formed 27% of the voting-eligible population, while Boomers made up 31%. However, turnout rates in the 2016 election were lower for Millennials than Boomers (51% vs. 69%), meaning that Millennials accounted for a lower share of votes cast than their proportion of the electorate.

A record number of Americans live in multigenerational households, part of a broader trend toward more shared living. In 2016, a record 64 million people, or 20% of the U.S. population, lived with multiple generations under one roof, even with improvements in the U.S. economy since the Great Recession. Multigenerational family living is growing among nearly all U.S. racial groups, Hispanics, most age groups and both men and women. In recent years, young adults have edged out older Americans as the most likely age group to live in a multigenerational household, which we define as a household with two or more adult generations, or including grandparents and grandchildren younger than 25.

Meanwhile, 78.6 million adults, or about 32% of the U.S. adult population, were part of a shared household in 2017, reflecting another increasingly common living arrangement. A shared household is a household with at least one adult who is not the household head, the spouse or unmarried partner of the head, or an 18- to 24-year-old student. (Most multigenerational households are also shared households.)

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...world-in-2018/
Old 05-23-2018, 12:07 PM
Banned

Why did it take a court order for this guy to leave his parent's house?
Old 05-23-2018, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
Why did it take a court order for this guy to leave his parent's house?
They tried telling him to leave and he wouldn't. Even wrote a formal notice giving him a certain amount of time to leave. In fact, they even offered him money ($1,100) to leave and he refused.

This guy also sued Best Buy for making him work holidays and Saturdays. Said they wouldn't let him work in the cellular department, where he preferred. Instead was forced to work in other departments.

I'd be embarrassed if I were this guy, but he's doing interviews and talking about appealing the verdict.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
There are more Millennials then any other age group, and more people are living in multigenerational families.

Millennials are projected to outnumber Baby Boomers next year. Numbering 71 million in 2016, Millennials in the United States are approaching Baby Boomers (74 million) in population and are projected to surpass them as the nation’s largest living adult generation in 2019. The Millennial generation, defined as Americans born from 1981 to 1996, corresponds to adults ages 22 to 37 in 2018.

Millennials are already the largest generation in the U.S. labor force, making up 35% of the total. (They surpassed Generation X in 2016.) Although Boomers formed the majority of the labor force in the early and mid-1980s, they made up just 25% of the total in 2017, as many older members of this generation reached retirement age.

In the political arena, the number of Millennials who are eligible to vote in the U.S. is approaching that of Boomers. As of November 2016, Millennials formed 27% of the voting-eligible population, while Boomers made up 31%. However, turnout rates in the 2016 election were lower for Millennials than Boomers (51% vs. 69%), meaning that Millennials accounted for a lower share of votes cast than their proportion of the electorate.

A record number of Americans live in multigenerational households, part of a broader trend toward more shared living. In 2016, a record 64 million people, or 20% of the U.S. population, lived with multiple generations under one roof, even with improvements in the U.S. economy since the Great Recession. Multigenerational family living is growing among nearly all U.S. racial groups, Hispanics, most age groups and both men and women. In recent years, young adults have edged out older Americans as the most likely age group to live in a multigenerational household, which we define as a household with two or more adult generations, or including grandparents and grandchildren younger than 25.

Meanwhile, 78.6 million adults, or about 32% of the U.S. adult population, were part of a shared household in 2017, reflecting another increasingly common living arrangement. A shared household is a household with at least one adult who is not the household head, the spouse or unmarried partner of the head, or an 18- to 24-year-old student. (Most multigenerational households are also shared households.)

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...world-in-2018/
But mom and dad you bought me this Xbox and games and this flat screen TV and you never taught me how to work or be responsible. Now you want me to move out? But when I was a child you always let me get my way and you never disciplined me for anything. But mom you always yelled at my teachers when I couldn't pass and now I'm struggling in college so I quit. But dad I cant move out I get better cellphone reception "in" the house. Mom Dad you made me what i am and now you want me out.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:21 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
But mom and dad you bought me this Xbox and games and this flat screen TV and you never taught me how to work or be responsible. Now you want me to move out? But when I was a child you always let me get my way and you never disciplined me for anything. But mom you always yelled at my teachers when I couldn't pass and now I'm struggling in college so I quit. But dad I cant move out I get better cellphone reception "in" the house. Mom Dad you made me what i am and now you want me out.
the boomers and millennials deserve each other
Old 05-23-2018, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Too much!
Old 05-23-2018, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Hey, I raised two millennials who are doing quite well.
Of course, I have noticed that Bible Quizzing and Homeschooling (mainly, anyway) tends to have that effect.
Most of their friends who were Quizzers are also doing quite well spiritually and as grown-ups.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:49 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
Hey, I raised two millennials who are doing quite well.
Of course, I have noticed that Bible Quizzing and Homeschooling (mainly, anyway) tends to have that effect.
Most of their friends who were Quizzers are also doing quite well spiritually and as grown-ups.