Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Re: Mich Has Nothing to Say...

It's amazing the many surprises life can hold, isn't it? Twists and turn that we never expect.

Congrats on your new little one.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Mama to four little angels.

Congraulations. I'm so happy that you're so happy!

God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. ~Romans 3:24 from The Message
Old 11-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

congratulations Michlow, great news.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michlow View Post
So being a bit bored this afternoon, and finding no excitement in my usual haunts, I found myself if anything had changed over here in the past 4 months or so. It really hasn't, which I find strange as my life has changed so drastically.

My Mom got diagnosed with a rare form of cancer (of the Bile Duct), and I had a crazy summer of Doctor's appointments, Chemo & Radiation, and piles of paperwork. At the same time I was falling in love and enjoying spending time with my boyfriend.

I decided to go back to school, I went through the application process and got accepted. I continued to care for my Mom and my boyfriend moved in with me.

And then I got the surprise of my life. For my entire adult life (including 12 years with my ex-husband) It was believed that I could not have children. This saddened me when I was younger, but I had come to accept it, and even enjoy some of the "perks" of not having so many responsibilities. So when I suddenly got sick last month, it took almost 2 weeks before I considered the possibility. Even though I bought a test, I still didn't believe it when it came back positive. (I think it was the 3rd one that convinced me)

Next came trying to convince my atheist boyfriend that this was a miracle, which turned out to be somewhat of an exercise in futility. Then came the decision to have a quickie marriage for insurance benefits (mine had zero maternity coverage), which I planned in 3 days, and it turned out quite nice, if I do say so myself.

I was amused when our "secular" courthouse wedding ceremony turned out to be extremely religious with liberal use of both Jesus and scripture. (My husband a bit less so! LOL)

And so suddenly I find myself married again, and with a baby on the way. If you would have told me this a year ago, I would have called you a liar!
Mich!

I'm so happy for you!!!! Congratulations on the miraculous pregnancy and your marriage and on going back to school. That's fantastic!

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 11-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Congratulations, Mich. Happy for you!!!!
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 11-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

Glad to hear you are doing well.
Even though I rarely posted in the days when you were active on the board, it is good to hear from you!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:39 PM
My Family!

Babies rock!!!!!

You looked stunning in your "wedding" attire! Congrats!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

Well, Mich, you are going to have to change the title of this thread to "Mich has lots to say!" Congrats.

P.S. Renda, I hate your avatar.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 11-17-2010, 08:02 AM
just lurking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
Mich!

I'm so happy for you!!!! Congratulations on the miraculous pregnancy and your marriage and on going back to school. That's fantastic!

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes and congrats. It's been kind of a wild ride, and to be honest, I am still trying to wrap my head around everything!

I did make the decision to put off going back to school. It was already going to be a stretch working full time, taking care of my Mom and going to school, before I added being pregnant into the mix! Of course, it's especially hard to imagine right now as I feel sick all the time and am ready for bed at 8 o'clock at night! LOL
Old 11-17-2010, 08:29 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

MICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats my friend.