Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

I Am Afflicted With HOLY MISERY.

Yes I Am afflicted with HOLY MISERY.And don't feel sorry for me.
It all started a few wks. back I went to a conference and a brother spoke on prayer and the Holy Spirit got ahold of me.

I began to realize that I became careless in my commitment to The Lord in some areas of my life.Anyways I have been increasing my prayer time,and am miserable when I see those around who don't have Christ in their life,and too I have situations in my life were I need GOD to move.

I am not going to stop until I the see the hand of God move,I am burdened and I praise God for it.This might sound crazy but I'm thankful for this.

I desire to full of the Holy Ghost and full of compassion,I desire whatever GOD wants for my life.
Please keep me in prayer.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:22 AM
crakjak

Re: I Am Afflicted With HOLY MISERY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
Yes I Am afflicted with HOLY MISERY.And don't feel sorry for me.
It all started a few wks. back I went to a conference and a brother spoke on prayer and the Holy Spirit got ahold of me.

I began to realize that I became careless in my commitment to The Lord in some areas of my life.Anyways I have been increasing my prayer time,and am miserable when I see those around who don't have Christ in their life,and too I have situations in my life were I need GOD to move.

I am not going to stop until I the see the hand of God move,I am burdened and I praise God for it.This might sound crazy but I'm thankful for this.

I desire to full of the Holy Ghost and full of compassion,I desire whatever GOD wants for my life.
Please keep me in prayer.
Scott, we will always get miserable when we focus on ourselves. Rather we are more effective and alive in JOY, when we declare the GOOD NEWS, and all that Jesus has completed for our sakes. All the efforts that we can expend are ineffectual for the accomplishment of the work of God, except declare our confidence in the effectual work of the CROSS!!

As we look to JESUS and declare his greatness, AMAZINGLY we are also made whole!!!! I will show my faith by my declaration of HIS success in accomplishing the purpose of redeeming the earth and all that is in it!

Blessings to you, brother.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 08-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

I am happy with Jesus,but I am burdened and feel deep contrition.Prayer is the key to revival is it not ? I rejoice in my salvation,yes but have a deep burden.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

I may not be communicating my thoughts too well.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Registered Member

Scott, I understand what you are saying. I understand what Jak means too, and I agree with you both. WE should be focused on God, not on ourselves. After all there's nothing we can do on our own to be good enough that we "deserve" salvation anyway. However, one way to focus on God is to communicate with Him regularly. So you are both correct.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:53 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
I may not be communicating my thoughts too well.
You're doing just fine, bro!
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 08-13-2010, 08:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
Scott, we will always get miserable when we focus on ourselves. Rather we are more effective and alive in JOY, when we declare the GOOD NEWS, and all that Jesus has completed for our sakes. All the efforts that we can expend are ineffectual for the accomplishment of the work of God, except declare our confidence in the effectual work of the CROSS!!

As we look to JESUS and declare his greatness, AMAZINGLY we are also made whole!!!! I will show my faith by my declaration of HIS success in accomplishing the purpose of redeeming the earth and all that is in it!

Blessings to you, brother.
Good answer, Crakjak.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 08-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Registered Member

Scott- "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Old 08-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

I am happy with The Lord and my salvation,I am certainly not trying to earn salvation.But I am glad to have a renewed focus on prayer,and renewed burden for the lost.

Perhaps Holy Misery is not the best term to use,but I am thankful The Holy Ghost has dealt with me,about having a burden for the work of The Lord.
I ask the Lord daily to help me to be what He wants me to be.