Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Truthseeker's Avatar
Truthseeker Truthseeker is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,853
Sinners outside NJ city, how they get there?

For MTD.
__________________
Today pull up the little weeds,
The sinful thoughts subdue,
Or they will take the reins themselves
And someday master you. --Anon.


The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,643
Re: Sinners outside NJ city, how they get there?

Perhaps you want to set the table for the discussion? Scripture says they are there. They are there because they have not been obedient but rather opposing the Lord. Explain why they should not be there and I will have something to comment on.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Truthseeker's Avatar
Truthseeker Truthseeker is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,853
Re: Sinners outside NJ city, how they get there?

Not sure what you believe but if earth is burnt up before NJ ascending from heaven how is there sinners outside the city??
__________________
Today pull up the little weeds,
The sinful thoughts subdue,
Or they will take the reins themselves
And someday master you. --Anon.


The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,643
Re: Sinners outside NJ city, how they get there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
Not sure what you believe but if earth is burnt up before NJ ascending from heaven how is there sinners outside the city??
Sam had it right. The Earth will be burnt up and destroyed the same way as the world was destroyed by water in the days of Noah. It is not going to just go away but it will be changed into a new Earth!

2 Peter 3:


But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fervent heat, and the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 3:11 Therefore since all these things will be destroyed like this, what kind of people ought you to be in holy living and godliness, 3:12 looking for and earnestly desiring the coming of the day of God, which will cause the burning heavens to be dissolved, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 3:13 But, according to his promise, we look for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Truthseeker's Avatar
Truthseeker Truthseeker is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,853
Re: Sinners outside NJ city, how they get there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Sam had it right. The Earth will be burnt up and destroyed the same way as the world was destroyed by water in the days of Noah. It is not going to just go away but it will be changed into a new Earth!

2 Peter 3:


But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fervent heat, and the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 3:11 Therefore since all these things will be destroyed like this, what kind of people ought you to be in holy living and godliness, 3:12 looking for and earnestly desiring the coming of the day of God, which will cause the burning heavens to be dissolved, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 3:13 But, according to his promise, we look for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

So how are there sinners outside the NJ city if old earth is burnt up?
__________________
Today pull up the little weeds,
The sinful thoughts subdue,
Or they will take the reins themselves
And someday master you. --Anon.


The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Hoovie's Avatar
Hoovie Hoovie is offline
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19,197
Re: Sinners outside NJ city, how they get there?

I figure there are sinners outside and inside Jersey City.
__________________
"It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity." Dave Barry 2005

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-23-2012, 07:53 PM
RevDWW's Avatar
RevDWW RevDWW is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,529
Re: Sinners outside NJ city, how they get there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
I figure there are sinners outside and inside Jersey City.
New Jersey's got to be positively full of sinners..........
__________________
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Apostolic Pentecostal


 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 3,417
Re: Sinners outside NJ city, how they get there?

This is actually a simple question to answer.

These people are those that have gone to the lake of fire to dwell for eternity. They are both without (separated from) the New Heaven, New Earth, and New Jerusalem. They made their choices, and now are in the midst of an eternity without God.
__________________
I am an Apostolic Pentecostal. Apostolic in teaching, and Pentecostal in experience.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-25-2012, 05:38 AM
Truthseeker's Avatar
Truthseeker Truthseeker is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,853
Re: Sinners outside NJ city, how they get there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
This is actually a simple question to answer.

These people are those that have gone to the lake of fire to dwell for eternity. They are both without (separated from) the New Heaven, New Earth, and New Jerusalem. They made their choices, and now are in the midst of an eternity without God.
I"ve heard that before but scripture doesn't indicates such. Bible does refer to NJ as tabernacle of God is with men wirh invitation to drink freely of the water of life. Makes it seem as men are still entering and drinking while at same time sinners are without.
__________________
Today pull up the little weeds,
The sinful thoughts subdue,
Or they will take the reins themselves
And someday master you. --Anon.


The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Apostolic Pentecostal


 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 3,417
Re: Sinners outside NJ city, how they get there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
I"ve heard that before but scripture doesn't indicates such. Bible does refer to NJ as tabernacle of God is with men wirh invitation to drink freely of the water of life. Makes it seem as men are still entering and drinking while at same time sinners are without.

We will not cease to be human just because we inhabit the New Jerusalem and the New Earth. Therefore we are still men, and God will be dwelling with us. However, those who will not be dwelling with God are in the lake of fire which is without. This is a contrast between the rewards of sin vs rewards for righteousness.
__________________
I am an Apostolic Pentecostal. Apostolic in teaching, and Pentecostal in experience.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Love for sinners? Dedicated Mind Deep Waters 9 07-04-2011 12:58 PM
Sinners in our midst, wolves in sheeps clothing Praxeas Fellowship Hall 0 08-07-2008 05:16 PM
Apologies to sinners and those yet converted Kutless Fellowship Hall 7 07-16-2008 09:40 AM
!!!!AFF Is a Bunch of sinners!!!!!! BrotherEastman Fellowship Hall 2 12-19-2007 04:17 PM
The way church treats sinners. Truthseeker Fellowship Hall 7 10-26-2007 01:44 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Amanah

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.