Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

View Poll Results: Do you still support the War in Iraq?
Yes 100% 8 19.51%
No 13 31.71%
I have never supported this War. Bring the troops home. 10 24.39%
I still support the War but feel it needs new direction. 10 24.39%
I don't care. 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
Speaking of "Dunderheads" Iraq has nothing to do with 911!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is not a war of christian US ideology against radical islamists...it's us butting in a country trying to free that country from an dictator, that was done...guess what charlie, nothing is fixed. WE are only a country that has been in existence for over 200 years, we cannot go in and "fix" a struggle that has been around forever. THE US IS NOT THE WORLD'S POLICE!!!!!!!

How dare you imply that I forgot 911, I was there 1 week before, some of their faces are forever etched in my memory, I have been there many times since to remember fallen heroes.

You guys always try to paint with the same brush for anyone who is against a war. If you even had a clue about me, you would know that I have supported most of the conflicts/wars that this great nation felt to partake in....NOT THIS ONE!! Is Colin Powell unpatriotic and a dunderhead??? Answer yes, and we see your ignorance.
hey monkey man, i am not saying that anyone in particuliar is forgetting 911 but i think the country is, and no i dont think iraq is about 911 but al queda is there and it is part of the war on terror, i belive you my brother are a true patriot, as a whole i think people are forgetting what we are up against, dt
Old 07-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
if you dont like Dunderhead, you can use "(removed)"
your careless use of slang may have just bought you an infraction.....

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes

Last edited by Malvaro; 07-10-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:27 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedThigh View Post
hey monkey man, i am not saying that anyone in particuliar is forgetting 911 but i think the country is, and no i dont think iraq is about 911 but al queda is there and it is part of the war on terror, i belive you my brother are a true patriot, as a whole i think people are forgetting what we are up against, dt
Man, ask anyone here and they will tell you I bleed Red, White, and Blue. Having said that, balance to me is the greatest ideology. To put wholehearted blind trust in leadership just because they are of your political persuasion is wrong. That's why great leaders have the best advisors. The Prez had one in Powell, he should have listened. It is going to cost him his legacy, the nation's credibility, and the Republcan Party in the next election.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:28 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

I agree that many have forgot 911's impact...I haven't
Old 07-10-2007, 12:29 PM
philjones

Quote:
Naw, ignorant will suffice.
Thanks for you consideration!

You probably think that Muslims are peaceful folks that Love Christians and desire the best for us. You would be wrong about that too.

You, my friend, are the enemy of Islam because you are not OF Islam. If you think Hitler was a threat or that Communism was a threat how can you not see the reality of the threat of Islamists? That is beyond me!
Registered Member

Quote:
I agree that many have forgot 911's impact...I haven't
i am glad, and on the other we can agree to disagree, dt
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Let’s get this clear.

The reason we went into Iraq, is that the entire world believe that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. Saddam refused to provide evidence that such weapons had been destroyed and refused to provide the appropriate authorities access to such sites to verify the existence or non-existence of WMDs.

Further, Saddam was in Breach of 12 United Nations edicts concerning WMDs in which each of the 12 stated that if he did not comply, force would be used.

In addition, Saddam had already shown the willingness to use WMDs in the past, and had many times stated that he wanted to see the destruction of the United States of America and had attempted to assassinate a former United States President.

In a post 9/11 world, it would have been dereliction of duty for a sitting U. S. President NOT to depose Saddam Hussein.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:30 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Further more, I have NOOO problem in our gov't hunting down, using black ops, and wiping out Al Queda or any other group that chooses to bring war to the US. The Iraq war is not doing this.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:31 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
Thanks for you consideration!

You probably think that Muslims are peaceful folks that Love Christians and desire the best for us. You would be wrong about that too.

You, my friend, are the enemy of Islam because you are not OF Islam. If you think Hitler was a threat or that Communism was a threat how can you not see the reality of the threat of Islamists? That is beyond me!
Yes, Phil, thats exactly how I feel...sheesh, what a dunderhead
Old 07-10-2007, 12:32 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Further more, I have NOOO problem in our gov't hunting down, using black ops, and wiping out Al Queda or any other group that chooses to bring war to the US. The Iraq war is not doing this.
I dont think you will get consensus on the above. MANY Al Queda are being killed in Iraq. these people would be trying to get to the USA if we were not in Iraq.