Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-19-2018, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

Re: Two or three witnesses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
There are "many more Scriptures that TEACH ON"... but yet the specific doctrines or beliefs I mentioned are found in only ONE passage each. There are many passages for example teaching things about our appearance and what is acceptable clothing etc, but there is only one verse in the entire Bible that tells us it is an abomination for a man to wear a women's garment or for a woman to put on a man's garment.

right I was making the point that we can come to the conclusion that Baptism and being born again are essential without the scriptures mentioned by using other supporting scripture. With the exception of garments and hair. Yet we use One scripture each to support these other two beliefs and that is fine with me.

I am wondering for arguments sake why is there an argument against using one scripture for hair while there may be other doctrines as well supported by only one scripture that there is no dispute over. Basically i would like to take that argument away from those that believe you need more than one verse to support a doctrine.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:10 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
right I was making the point that we can come to the conclusion that Baptism and being born again are essential without the scriptures mentioned by using other supporting scripture. With the exception of garments and hair. Yet we use One scripture each to support these other two beliefs and that is fine with me.

I am wondering for arguments sake why is there an argument against using one scripture for hair while there may be other doctrines as well supported by only one scripture that there is no dispute over. Basically i would like to take that argument away from those that believe you need more than one verse to support a doctrine.
The supporters of the "two witness rule for doctrine" are misinformed, and the reason is because a lot of Oneness Pentecostals actually get a lot of their doctrine from "evangelical" sources. I notice that none of the supporters of the "two witness rule" have supplied two witnesses from Scripture that state the proposed doctrine.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-19-2018, 10:29 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
The supporters of the "two witness rule for doctrine" are misinformed, and the reason is because a lot of Oneness Pentecostals actually get a lot of their doctrine from "evangelical" sources. I notice that none of the supporters of the "two witness rule" have supplied two witnesses from Scripture that state the proposed doctrine.
stuff like this puts the fun in AFF
Old 07-19-2018, 01:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
They aren't misinformed they are just listening to the wrong sources. Hermeneutic's is also another form of Neo-Platonism and it's kinned to the trinity. Like I said it's got some good principles to use to get context. But it's used as a way to usurp truth, at the same time. It's at best 65% reliable, it's definitely not infallible it's still a creation of man. That's why some churches warn you highly against theological seminaries. Because thats been a tool of the evangelicals, to spread their leaven throughout.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 07-19-2018, 02:08 PM
Saved & Shaved

It’s not a tool to spread leaven. Good grief.

Old 07-19-2018, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeley View Post
It’s not a tool to spread leaven. Good grief.

Well it seems it worked then..

This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 07-19-2018, 03:00 PM
Saved & Shaved

A systematic theology is to keep from error. That is the intent. It would be good for the Apostolic movement to develop a systematic theology but no one can agree on anything. Some are modalists. Some accuse other oneness of being twoness. Others believe that God died on the cross, some teach the flesh died. While oneness in Africa believe that the flesh was divine. Then the guys that teach the Father in the Son felt the pain of the crucifixion.

Then in regard to salvation some teach 3 steps. Others don’t teach steps, but elements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
Well it seems it worked then..
Old 07-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
A systematic theology is to keep from error. That is the intent. It would be good for the Apostolic movement to develop a systematic theology but no one can agree on anything. Some are modalists. Some accuse other oneness of being twoness. Others believe that God died on the cross, some teach the flesh died. While oneness in Africa believe that the flesh was divine. Then the guys that teach the Father in the Son felt the pain of the crucifixion.

Then in regard to salvation some teach 3 steps. Others don’t teach steps, but elements.

Like I said it's a good principle but it can't be the go to in every situation, because it's at best a philosophy of man. But it does have a place, but there is not 1 scripture to support it...

SUBSCRIBE!
Old 07-19-2018, 03:15 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
Like I said it's a good principle but it can't be the go to in every situation, because it's at best a philosophy of man. But it does have a place, but there is not 1 scripture to support it...
From the guy that believes Jesus spoke in tongues.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
From the guy that believes Jesus spoke in tongues.
Ok tell me why He didn't. I have as much scripture to prove what I'm saying, as you have to try to disprove it.Besides for the fact Jesus is the Holy Ghost.. So 1 for what I'm saying 0 for you...

Considering also Jesus Himself said "so is every one that is born of the Spirit."

SUBSCRIBE!

Last edited by 1ofthechosen; 07-19-2018 at 04:37 PM.