Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 01-17-2018, 03:10 PM
Banned

Re: Can a plant be a "spirit"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Opium?
Cocaine?

And further down the drain we go.

You're right. We must be careful.

Any drug that can kill a person with an overdose should be regulated more heavily. And research using those drugs should be in a controlled environment.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
using marijuana could fall under Galatians 5:19-21

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

-------------------------------

Lexicon :: Strong's G5331 – pharmakeia
φαρμακεία
pharmakeia
From φαρμακεύς (G5332)
†φαρμακεία pharmakeía, far-mak-i'-ah; from G5332; medication ("pharmacy"), i.e. (by extension) magic (literally or figuratively):—sorcery, witchcraft.
The use of any medicine, herbal remedy, drink, or even bread in conjunction with pagan magic or ritual is "witchcraft". When spiritual experiences are encouraged based on any naturally induced altered state of consciousness is "witchcraft". There's a big difference between taking cannabis to ease the symptoms of Parkinson's, anxiety disorders, traumatic brain injury, or chronic pain... and taking cannabis with the expectation of being "opened up" to the gods? lol

Since God created all plant life and gave it to man for consumption in Genesis 1:29, I'm led to believe that when dealing with "witchcraft", it isn't so much the plant in question that is "witchcraft". It is how it is used. For example, cinnamon and basil are ingredients in many "spells". Does this make consuming cinnamon and basil in cookies or food "witchcraft"? Witches have a "cleansing" ritual they perform with a broom... are all brooms "witchcraft"? How something is used will determine if it is or is not witchcraft.

Last edited by Aquila; 01-17-2018 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:25 PM
Covenant Apostolic

I'm not sure if I'm against medical Marijuana or not.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
Arsenic is natural, which means God created it as well. Funny how no one suggests ingesting that.

I'll tell you what... you drink an ounce of arsenic once a week for a year, and we'll compare your progress to a person who smokes an ounce of marijuana once a week for a year to treat the symptoms of Parkinson's... and maybe we'll better understand why we suggest not ingesting arsenic. lol

Last edited by Aquila; 01-17-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I'm not sure if I'm against medical Marijuana or not.
I think a lot of people feel like you do.

I was leery of it until I began reading about research into mj's medicinal use. Then I began to feel like medicinal use might make sense and bring advancements in both science and treatment options.

And as far as recreational use... it took me spending a little over a week and half in Amsterdam to convince me that it really isn't worth the violence, criminal charges, prison terms, etc., that we see in the United States that are the results from the every failing "war on drugs". I think more money and resources could go into fighting the opioid epidemic, cocaine, heroine, etc. That stuff will downright kill you. But weed... it's like a big joke. Everyone knows MJ will in no way mess you up as bad as drinking Jack Daniel's or any other liquor. But liquor is perfectly legal.

Here's a question I've pondered.

Why would anyone "be against" the medicinal use of any natural substance that is proving to be valuable in the treatment of various conditions?

If one has a conviction or belief about the use of something... why don't they simply choose to abstain from such treatments themselves? Why use the law to deny those who might wish to receive such treatments?

I don't see devout Jews advocating for legislation banning pork products.

Last edited by Aquila; 01-17-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:49 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Marijuana was prohibited for numerous reasons, none of which had anything to do with concern for the well being of the citizenry.

When America was FAR more moral and in its heyday of expansion, growth, etc, not only was there no prohibition against marijuana but opium wasnt prohibited either.

Prohibition of alcohol required a constitutional amendment. So why doesn't prohibition of other things require a constitutional amendment? Drug prohibition is a complete scam.

Now, as for Christians, being a drunkard will keep you out of the kingdom. From this we can reason that deliberate intoxication for recreational purposes is foolish at best, and most likely sinful. As for being a spirit, it is the superstitious heathens who believe plants have spirits, the Bible says no such thing.

I will say, though, there is a certain "spirit", if you will, that seems to surround potheads and other drug users. But I think its probably connected to the whole underground, rebellious, criminal, party hardy crowd than to a particular plant.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-18-2018, 07:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Marijuana was prohibited for numerous reasons, none of which had anything to do with concern for the well being of the citizenry.

When America was FAR more moral and in its heyday of expansion, growth, etc, not only was there no prohibition against marijuana but opium wasnt prohibited either.

Prohibition of alcohol required a constitutional amendment. So why doesn't prohibition of other things require a constitutional amendment? Drug prohibition is a complete scam.

Now, as for Christians, being a drunkard will keep you out of the kingdom. From this we can reason that deliberate intoxication for recreational purposes is foolish at best, and most likely sinful. As for being a spirit, it is the superstitious heathens who believe plants have spirits, the Bible says no such thing.

I will say, though, there is a certain "spirit", if you will, that seems to surround potheads and other drug users. But I think its probably connected to the whole underground, rebellious, criminal, party hardy crowd than to a particular plant.
I'm in 100% agreement with your post, bro!
Old 01-18-2018, 07:37 AM
Banned

George Washington grew hemp. Thomas Jefferson even smuggled hemp seeds from China through France. lol
Old 01-18-2018, 10:23 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
George Washington grew hemp. Thomas Jefferson even smuggled hemp seeds from China through France. lol
While marijuana plants contain high levels of THC, hemp contains very little of the psychoactive chemical. This single difference is what most rely on to distinguish hemp from marijuana.

Tall, sturdy plants were grown by early civilizations to make a variety of foods, oils and textiles, such as rope and fabrics. These plants were bred with other plants with the same characteristics, leading to the type of cannabis we now know as hemp.

Hemp and marijuana plants contain another important cannabinoid: CBD. Hemp plants produce more CBD than THC, while marijuana produces more THC than CBD. Interestingly, research has shown that CBD acts to reduce the psychoactive effects of THC, separating hemp further from marijuana.

https://www.leafscience.com/2014/09/...emp-marijuana/
Old 01-18-2018, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
While marijuana plants contain high levels of THC, hemp contains very little of the psychoactive chemical. This single difference is what most rely on to distinguish hemp from marijuana.

Tall, sturdy plants were grown by early civilizations to make a variety of foods, oils and textiles, such as rope and fabrics. These plants were bred with other plants with the same characteristics, leading to the type of cannabis we now know as hemp.

Hemp and marijuana plants contain another important cannabinoid: CBD. Hemp plants produce more CBD than THC, while marijuana produces more THC than CBD. Interestingly, research has shown that CBD acts to reduce the psychoactive effects of THC, separating hemp further from marijuana.

https://www.leafscience.com/2014/09/...emp-marijuana/
True. But did George Washington and Thomas Jefferson know this?