Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Registered Member

The Spotlight of Appreciation

Proverbs 25:11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

There seems to be a lot of negativity and bad news in the air everywhere and a "word fitly spoken" would be in order. For those who are interested, I want to initiate a thread that spotlights someone you believe is worthy of honor and encouragement for their contributions to others and the Kingdom of God. Use photos if possible.

In the second year after I married my lovely wife I fell in love with another lady. It was a stranger that introduced us but the love affair has now lasted for 40 years. Wait .... wait .... give me a minute! The stranger was a delivery room nurse and the lady is my daughter. From the moment she could understand anything her heart was turned toward God. At thirteen she was the church pianist. Her teen years were not tumultuous but sweetly obedient.
Never ever was she a problem but always an example and asset to the Kingdom of God. At thirteen she had already put a lasso on her future husband. [ It took him 10 more years to see it! ] As class Valedictorian she received a SFC scholarship for college. She's an excellent songwriter-singer, pastor's wife non-pareil, with an IQ equal of the entire President's Cabinet.
[ Hey! I'm her Dad so give me a little room here. ] She is entirely too open, too honest, and too caring, and for that she suffers many hurts, but I wouldn't have her any other way. She's a great wife, mother, and daughter and we of her family have been made more than millionaires by her life. Her best years are yet to come for she has been prepared for such a time as this.
I'm sure I embarassed her with my boasting but Dad's with daughters must be excused by reason of insanity. We're all a little crazy about our girls!

Proverbs 31:29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

Raven
Old 11-01-2007, 03:51 PM

You have been blessed ... my friend.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Proverbs 25:11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

There seems to be a lot of negativity and bad news in the air everywhere and a "word fitly spoken" would be in order. For those who are interested, I want to initiate a thread that spotlights someone you believe is worthy of honor and encouragement for their contributions to others and the Kingdom of God. Use photos if possible.

In the second year after I married my lovely wife I fell in love with another lady. It was a stranger that introduced us but the love affair has now lasted for 40 years. Wait .... wait .... give me a minute! The stranger was a delivery room nurse and the lady is my daughter. From the moment she could understand anything her heart was turned toward God. At thirteen she was the church pianist. Her teen years were not tumultuous but sweetly obedient.
Never ever was she a problem but always an example and asset to the Kingdom of God. At thirteen she had already put a lasso on her future husband. [ It took him 10 more years to see it! ] As class Valedictorian she received a SFC scholarship for college. She's an excellent songwriter-singer, pastor's wife non-pareil, with an IQ equal of the entire President's Cabinet.
[ Hey! I'm her Dad so give me a little room here. ] She is entirely too open, too honest, and too caring, and for that she suffers many hurts, but I wouldn't have her any other way. She's a great wife, mother, and daughter and we of her family have been made more than millionaires by her life. Her best years are yet to come for she has been prepared for such a time as this.
I'm sure I embarassed her with my boasting but Dad's with daughters must be excused by reason of insanity. We're all a little crazy about our girls!

Proverbs 31:29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

Raven

Well, I have to say, I don't know you, but I know your daughter, and she has always been one of the sweetest, and definitely one of the most beautiful girls I have ever known!!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:11 PM

Very nice Raven- oloroid

"My Baby" will be 21 the 17th of this month.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

Raven, I don't know who you are, but by just reading your posts I have the utmost respect for you! I just wanted you to know that!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Sheltiedad

I was gonna say that Raven's daughter was hot but knew I would get in trouble for saying that here since I am married... so I won't.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

Here is a pic of my pride and joy taken yesterday!

Old 11-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Philippians 4

Raven your are indeed blessed but I think your daughter is equally blessed to have a dad like you. Dad's are a big deal in their daughter's eyes.

You are definitely alright in my book Raven.

myspace.com/darciemarti
Old 11-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcie View Post
Raven your are indeed blessed but I think your daughter is equally blessed to have a dad like you. Dad's are a big deal in their daughter's eyes.

You are definitely alright in my book Raven.
Darcie
Thankyou! I get a lump in my throat when I go back and review again the pictures of your Dad. I know you, Dan, your Mom, your family, your church, suffered a tremendous loss when he passed away. I would have liked to have known him and am poorer because I didn't. One thing I know is that our Heavenly Father will one day balance the books and the losses here will be more than made up for in the glories we will all share in the Kingdom to come.
Remember .... this is not the end nor is it the beginning of the end ...... it's just the end of the beginning.

Raven
Old 11-01-2007, 09:45 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post

Raven
Great job, Dad!!
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org