Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Administrator

CC1 In Hospital

I am typing this from my hospital room. I had not wanted to bother anybody with yet another prayer request as I have had so many the last couple of months but during my business trip to Texas this past week I began feeling slightly ill.

That feling that something was just not right continued all week after flying home Tuesday night.

As most know I had plans to meet St. Mark on Friday for lunch and some good fellowship. Thursday evening my ill feeling developed into definite painful symptoms in my stomach so I decided that Friday morning I would go see the Dr. on the way to meeting St. Mark.

Turns out I spent all day yesterday, Friday, at first the Dr.'s office and then the hospital getting a CT scan that confirmed I had appendeictus.

I had rush surgery about 9 pm last night. Went all of today without morphine until about 4:30 pm. LOL!!!!

I do have another medical issue that is probably not serious but is causing me a lot of pain right now I would like everybody to please pray for and also my quick recovery from this surgery.

I have already ridden my motorcycle less this summer than ever and now this!!!!
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Christmas 2009

Re: CC1 In Hospital

I hate to hear this, CC1. Hope you get to feeling better quickly! Make sure that they give you lots of ice cream. Oh yeah.......that's for tonsilectomies. Oh well, ask for it anyway. It can't hurt.

We love you here!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
I hate to hear this, CC1. Hope you get to feeling better quickly! Make sure that they give you lots of ice cream. Oh yeah.......that's for tonsilectomies. Oh well, ask for it anyway. It can't hurt.

We love you here!
LOL!!! As a matter of fact I did ask for chocolate ice cream for dessert tonight.

I am fading fast and may have to lie down a bit and get back on later.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Christmas 2009

Ok, go to SleepyLand and have good dreams. I'm actually turning in too. Good night!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
LOL!!! As a matter of fact I did ask for chocolate ice cream for dessert tonight.

I am fading fast and may have to lie down a bit and get back on later.
Praying for you, CC1.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 08-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Hey Brother!

I will certainly pray for you, and hope for a speedy recovery.

My carnal self is sitting here wondering if St Mark was offended that you stood him up...

Take care and stay on that commputer... It's gonna be fun when that morphine really kicks in!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 08-16-2008, 10:08 PM
GO CUBBIES!

hope you have a speedy recovery!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Registered Member

Sorry to hear that you are less of a poster than you were just a day ago....

Glad to hear all went well and I'll be pray'n for a speedy uneventful recovery.
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 08-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Banned

Will do!

Hey enjoy the morphine
Old 08-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Morphine is your best friend....LOL!

Sorry you had to go through this, but at least you won't have to have it removed again!