Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Banned

Jesus' Plan of Salvation?

What words of Jesus (the words in red) would you use to support His plan of salvation. I offer this passage that nobody wishes to discuss for some reason....

Joh 6:53 So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves.
Joh 6:54 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.
Joh 6:55 "For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink.
Joh 6:56 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.
Joh 6:57 "As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also will live because of Me.
Joh 6:58 "This is the bread which came down out of heaven; not as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live forever."

The plan of salvation?
Old 10-27-2013, 11:41 AM
On the road less traveled

Re: Jesus' Plan of Salvation?

Are you trying to say that communion is part of what saves us?

I think Jesus is teaching here that unless we identify with him in his death and resurrection literally (baptism both water and spiritual) and symbolically (communion) we will have no part with him in eternity.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Are you trying to say that communion is part of what saves us?

I think Jesus is teaching here that unless we identify with him in his death and resurrection literally (baptism both water and spiritual) and symbolically (communion) we will have no part with him in eternity.
No, it seems that scripture indicates that communion results in eternal life.

Joh 6:54 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

Joh 6:57 "As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also will live because of Me.

Joh 6:58 "This is the bread which came down out of heaven; not as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live forever."

Examining the plan of salvation as taught by Jesus is interesting.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Go Dodgers!

Works based salvation?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Works based salvation?
Certainly looks like it, doesn't it?
Old 10-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Registered Member

Jesus came to,

1. Fulfill/finish the Law. It was still in effect until the Cross.

2. Send the Holy Ghost down, which came at Pentecost.

3. Therefore Jesus did not lay out a Plan of Salvation, except after Hie resurrection, He met with the Apostles and gave them commandments of how to set up the Church, for 40 days.. That is the reason that Peter is the spokes person, Peter was given the “Keys. (understanding) of the Kingdom.

4. To destroy the works of the Devil. They can only be destroyed by people that have been filled with the Holy Ghost, in their lives. And walking in truth.

It was impossible for Jesus to announce the Plan of Salvation, because the Holy Ghost, (in the form that we receive it today) could only come after He was glorified.

NO HOLY GHOST----NO SALVATION.

Therefore He and John could only announce, “The kingdom of heaven is at hand.” meaning the “Kingdom within” which is the Holy Ghost.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by renee819 View Post
Jesus came to,

1. Fulfill/finish the Law. It was still in effect until the Cross.

2. Send the Holy Ghost down, which came at Pentecost.

3. Therefore Jesus did not lay out a Plan of Salvation, except after Hie resurrection, He met with the Apostles and gave them commandments of how to set up the Church, for 40 days.. That is the reason that Peter is the spokes person, Peter was given the “Keys. (understanding) of the Kingdom.

4. To destroy the works of the Devil. They can only be destroyed by people that have been filled with the Holy Ghost, in their lives. And walking in truth.

It was impossible for Jesus to announce the Plan of Salvation, because the Holy Ghost, (in the form that we receive it today) could only come after He was glorified.

NO HOLY GHOST----NO SALVATION.

Therefore He and John could only announce, “The kingdom of heaven is at hand.” meaning the “Kingdom within” which is the Holy Ghost.
Jesus said eternal life was available through communion. I believe Jesus.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerman View Post
Certainly looks like it, doesn't it?
Your interpretation does

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

Quote:
I too believe the words of Jesus (and the apostles).

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Joh 13:5 After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.

Joh 13:6 Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?

Joh 13:7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.

Joh 13:8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me

Water baptism in Jesus name will get one into the church and communion/foot washing will keep one in the church.

1Co 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
1Co 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

1Co 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

1Co 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Jesus does not mention "communion"

Joh 6:54 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.
Joh 6:55 For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.
Joh 6:56 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.
Joh 6:57 As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me.
Joh 6:58 This is the bread that came down from heaven, not as the fathers ate and died. Whoever feeds on this bread will live forever."