Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-01-2020, 08:00 PM
Registered Member

Re: Tyranny in America?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Brother, I think you are overreacting here. I don’t run into people who “hate God” hardly at all. I think the much more dangerous reaction to God is indifference. Many people are indifferent to God. Many people who are indifferent to God, claim to be Christians.
I'm not sure if you are saying these people dont exist, or just that you haven't run into them.

Quote:
There are many Christians who see the church building as the temple. I have heard many preachers refer to it as such. It bothers me to hear it, because of times like these. We are the church. We meet in a building that many refer to as the church. It is not the church though , and during times like these, the distinction is important.
I completely agree the body of Christ is the people. That's a given. But when the world (who doesnt understand that, but thinks the church is the people and the building), get triggered over the church congregating at the building, but are not equally as alarmed by crowded isles at Kroger....it just shows their cup running over with hypocrisy.
Quote:
You see, I agree with much of this. It is my decision, as man of the house, to go to “church” or not. Also to go to Kroger’s or not. I personally believe it is much more important to feed my family than it is to go to a building that people call the church. I suspect you would feel likewise if your children were hungry. It’s scriptural to provide for your family. Meeting in a certain building, on a specific schedule, at a specific time, is more tradition than commandment. My family and myself ARE the church. And , although we are not meeting with others in the church, like we have traditionally done, we can meet with ourselves, with or without live-streamed sermons.
This completely avoids the whole point, ....Either its dangerous to have lots of people in 1 place or its not. Doesnt matter if it's the church house or if its Kroger.
Quote:
I disagree with pastors having authority to have church or not. I disagree with the manager of Kroger telling me to come buy groceries. But I do appreciate the church being available. And I am thankful that groceries are available. If I have to make a choice between groceries and going to “church” , I’ll choose groceries. I can have “church” at home. I can go to “church” in my living room. In a pinch, I may could even cobble together a decent sermon. Which is what I just did, in case nobody noticed.
Some Christians feel differently, like Job....

Job 23:12
Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food
Old 04-01-2020, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
I wish people would stop calling it Krogers. It’s Kroger.
Must be nice , only problem you have in life is someone saying the name of a retail store wrong,
Pretty sure this is more of a footmen level burden though, try not to get weary

If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses?
Old 04-01-2020, 08:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james34 View Post
I'm not sure if you are saying these people dont exist, or just that you haven't run into them.
I’m not saying that people who hate God don’t exist, I know that they do. And, I have run into them myself. However, they are scarce as hens teeth compared to the indifference of people who call themselves Christians.

Quote:

I completely agree the body of Christ is the people. That's a given. But when the world (who doesnt understand that, but thinks the church is the people and the building), get triggered over the church congregating at the building, but are not equally as alarmed by crowded isles at Kroger....it just shows their cup running over with hypocrisy.
I’m just saying, if you get hungry enough, or your kids, assuming you have any, get hungry enough, you’ll most likely understand that you can have church in your living room. And you’ll be in line with the rest of us, trying to get into Kroger to get some groceries.

Quote:

This completely avoids the whole point, ....Either its dangerous to have lots of people in 1 place or its not. Doesnt matter if it's the church house or if its Kroger.
My point is that I can have church at home. If I don’t starve to death already. Starving to death is dangerous too.

Quote:
Some Christians feel differently, like Job....

Job 23:12
Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food
Having church at home doesn’t break any commandments that I’m aware of. Job probably had church at home, come to think of it. The New Testament Church did as well. What kind of food was Job talking about? Necessary food?

That’s what I’m talking about!
Old 04-01-2020, 09:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Must be nice , only problem you have in life is someone saying the name of a retail store wrong,
Pretty sure this is more of a footmen level burden though, try not to get weary

If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses?
I agree with you brother. Some problems are bigger than others. Can’t you just feel his pain though?
Old 04-01-2020, 09:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I’m not saying that people who hate God don’t exist, I know that they do. And, I have run into them myself. However, they are scarce as hens teeth compared to the indifference of people who call themselves Christians.
I was just talking about the ones that hate God.

Quote:
I’m just saying, if you get hungry enough, or your kids, assuming you have any, get hungry enough, you’ll most likely understand that you can have church in your living room. And you’ll be in line with the rest of us, trying to get into Kroger to get some groceries.
BUT I wouldn't go home and rant on social media about people congregating in buildings called churches, accusing them of spreading the infection. The hypocrisy is not even with the number of people at Kroger, it's with the silence on the issue when it comes to Kroger, but then the vocal disdain for those meeting at the church buildings.
Why would it not just as likely be spread at Krogers? Could they not enforce a rule limiting the amount of shoppers in the store at any given time. Yes they could , and maybe do in some instances, but not everywhere and where they dont noone seems to be crying for there to be a tightening of the rules to limit the spread of disease. This is by definition hypocrisy.

Quote:
My point is that I can have church at home. If I don’t starve to death already. Starving to death is dangerous too.
It was at the point of extreme hunger that Jesus said, Man liveth not by bread alone ....he was rejecting what was being offered to eat because of who was offering the food.
With your line of reasoning , you could take the mark, since you cant buy sell or trade without it. You cant buy food, (starving to death is dangerous too) the mark is the only way , therefore it would be justifiable?

Quote:
Having church at home doesn’t break any commandments that I’m aware of. Job probably had church at home, come to think of it. The New Testament Church did as well. What kind of food was Job talking about? Necessary food?
That’s what I’m talking about!
The kind that was less important than the Word of God
Old 04-01-2020, 10:52 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
I wish people would stop calling it Krogers. It’s Kroger.
Mandela's Effect.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-04-2020, 06:34 AM
Registered Member

Now only a certain number of customers are allowed in Walmart.

https://corporate.walmart.com/newsro...ial-distancing
Old 04-04-2020, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Now only a certain number of customers are allowed in Walmart.

https://corporate.walmart.com/newsro...ial-distancing
Home Depot, Sams Club, Lowe’s.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:44 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Look at what's being proposed! Oh goody!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kotliko...t-coronavirus/

"There is now a 15-minute coronavirus test. What we need to do is group-household test each day. The method is simple. A testing mobile, manned by military personnel, would come to your street early each morning. The members of your household and maybe another 9 (the best number is yet to be determined) would be invited to provide a swab sample. All the swabs of all the households would be collectively used to test if any of the swabs was positive. Fifteen minutes later your group of households would either be cleared to go to work and frequent stores, restaurants, and other establishments for the day or not. If you're cleared, you'd get a green bracelet that would automatically change to red after 24 hours. Those with green bracelets would be returned to normal society. If your group of households tested positive, subgroup testing would be done, on the spot, until it was discovered which of your group's 10 households was infected and which weren't. Those households that were infected (had one or more infected members) would need to go into quarantine.

The military is the only group that can conduct this critical mission across the country efficiently and effectively in the time required. The military personnel doing the testing would be extensively trained, have protective gear, and follow a protocol would be established to limit, to the maximum extent possible, uninfected people becoming infected in the course of the testing. The public fully trusts our women and men in uniform and will comply with their instructions. "

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-08-2020, 01:17 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

WHO is now talking about removing people from their homes: