Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Banned

Try this!!!!!

Lets ALL (including myself) add up the time we have spent on AFF this week!!! Next week lets spend that same amount of time inviting people to church!!
Old 05-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

Re: Try this!!!!!

Doesn't sound like a good idea to me
Old 05-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Registered Oneness Pentecostal

better yet measure our overall internet time up agianst our prayer time... if internet is more..we got catching up to do! after all whats really more important
:It is time for us Christians, to face up to our responsibility for holiness. Too often we say we are “defeated” by this or that sin. No, we are not defeated; we are simply disobedient. It might be well if we stopped using the terms victory and defeat to describe our progress in holiness. Rather we should use the terms obedience and disobedience.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gods_Chosen_85 View Post
better yet measure our overall internet time up agianst our prayer time... if internet is more..we got catching up to do! after all whats really more important
not a good idea either
Old 05-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Seriously, I think inviting people to church is often not the best idea - at least not at first. Time spent being a friend is a much better investment. If they grow to appreciate you, your lifestyle and friendship they will invite themselves or at least be more ready.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 05-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Seriously, I think inviting people to church is often not the best idea - at least not at first. Time spent being a friend is a much better investment. If they grow to appreciate you, your lifestyle and friendship they will invite themselves or at least be more ready.

Totally agree with this Hoovie! I often think how I would react (if I hadn't grown up in church) to a perfect stranger inviting me to a church. Would I go? Probably not, especially in this day and age. However if someone who has shown themselves to be a friend to me were to invite me I would be much more likely to say yes. Just my thoughts.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

Quote:
Making a friend sometimes requires many hours of internet access!
Old 05-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:

Way to go, Hoovie!!!! You're going to make a great seeker-sensitive guy!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstate1 View Post
Lets ALL (including myself) add up the time we have spent on AFF this week!!! Next week lets spend that same amount of time inviting people to church!!
I'd have to stop "working" - that's when I'm usually on AFF. Multitasking like that makes up for having to do droll and uninspiring work and fills the void spent while waiting for a colleague or customer to finish picking at whatever consumes their time, and thus much of my own.

How about if we spent that much time inviting people to post on AFF?
Old 05-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Steinway View Post
Making a friend sometimes requires many hours of internet access!
Yeah, I should invite my "Mafia."