Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:40 AM
Registered Member

Another False Accusation Against an Officer

Sherita Dixon-Cole was pulled over and subsequently arrested for a DUI. Fortunately, the officer who was involved had a body camera rolling the entire time -- from before he exited his SUV to when she was released at the police station.

Sherita, and her fiance (who came well after Sherita was already in cuffs and in the SUV) claimed that the officer propositioned her and then sexually assaulted her. They even hired an attorney, one S. Lee Merritt, Esq., who makes his living chasing claims like these.

Merritt crafted a damning statement against the officer and police department, tweeted it out and announced a press conference.

Again, fortunately this officer was wearing a body camera and had it recording the entire time. Once the police were notified of Merritt's accusation and presser, they reviewed the footage.

What they found is that Sherita and her fiance LIED. The whole video is nearly 2 hours long and contrary to the slander from Sherita, her fiance and her attorney, there were no threats from the officer; there was no proposition made; nor was there any sexual assault.

Just a few days ago an NAACP "reverend" lied about his interaction with an officer and claimed the officer threatened him. Once again, the only thing which helped the officer was the camera which recorded the whole thing.

I hope either the officer or the department file suit against this woman, her fiance and the attorney for slander and libel. I believe States should consider passing a law making it a crime to slander or libel an officer by way of making a video or post on social media.

This is as dangerous as yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater. It should be vigorously prosecuted in order to stop these lies aimed at trying to cause more division and unrest between LEOs and the black community.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

Re: Another False Accusation Against an Officer

Just why?
Why are we seeing so much of this?
I believe it has to go back to the BHO's total rejection of LEO's.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
Just why?
Why are we seeing so much of this?
I believe it has to go back to the BHO's total rejection of LEO's.
lol...yeah, nothing to do with historical racial discrimination and the fact that LEO's have treated minorities unfairly. Some people will obviously try to take advantage of the race card, but to place the blame on BHO is laughable

You think racism ended within the LEO community ended in 1964?
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 05-25-2018, 11:01 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGBTG View Post
By and large, yes. Or at least since then it has. There will be some still who are racists (which is true of society at large), but most aren't. Why do you feel the need to paint all of law enforcement as racist?
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:33 AM
Banned

My goodness, we have someone lying about how they were treated by a police officer!

I guess now were are to assume that they're all liars? Are we to drop every investigation into profiling, racial discrimination, targeting, abuse, or excessive use of force now?

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
My goodness, we have someone lying about how they were treated by a police officer!

I guess now were are to assume that they're all liars? Are we to drop every investigation into profiling, racial discrimination, targeting, abuse, or excessive use of force now?

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
lol...yeah, nothing to do with historical racial discrimination and the fact that LEO's have treated minorities unfairly. Some people will obviously try to take advantage of the race card, but to place the blame on BHO is laughable

No, it is not laughable.
Take the incident in Baltimore for example.
BHO and Holder painted that entire issue as an example of racist cops. When in fact, most of the cops involved were black, if I remember correctly.
Or take the issue in NY. Again painted as racist cops. When the LEO supervisor who was there was black.
Or take the issue in St. Louis, where an entire false narrative was created and bought into by BHO and the MSM.
Look, I did not vote for BHO, however, I thought he had a golden chance to move us past the racial issue.
However, he stoked the racial fires and left us more divided than ever.
And did very, very little for the black community.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
No, it is not laughable.
Take the incident in Baltimore for example.
BHO and Holder painted that entire issue as an example of racist cops. When in fact, most of the cops involved were black, if I remember correctly.
Or take the issue in NY. Again painted as racist cops. When the LEO supervisor who was there was black.
Or take the issue in St. Louis, where an entire false narrative was created and bought into by BHO and the MSM.
Look, I did not vote for BHO, however, I thought he had a golden chance to move us past the racial issue.
However, he stoked the racial fires and left us more divided than ever.
And did very, very little for the black community.
You're right.

There is no racism in law enforcement. And white officers haven't be shown to use lethal force disproportionately on minority suspects. It's all in our heads, something made up by the left, like these fake school shootings with kid actors, fake blood, etc. And every use of lethal force was warranted. Cops have never shot someone when it wasn't unnecessary, especially not a minority. And people who lie about the cops that arrest them prove it is all a lie.

Yay! See how fun it is to be a Republican? Isn't it great? Yippy!

Last edited by Aquila; 05-25-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
You're right.

There is no racism in law enforcement. And white officers haven't be shown to use lethal force disproportionately on minority suspects. It's all in our heads, something made up by the left, like these fake school shootings with kid actors, fake blood, etc. And every use of lethal force was warranted. Cops have never shot someone when it wasn't unnecessary, especially not a minority. And people who lie about the cops that arrest them prove it is all a lie.

Yay! See how fun it is to be a Republican? Isn't it great? Yippy!
Old 05-25-2018, 02:18 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
By and large, yes. Or at least since then it has. There will be some still who are racists (which is true of society at large), but most aren't.
The fact that you think racism ended "by and large" in 1964 just shows your privilege and blind spot.
You think as soon as the civil rights acts was passed, all racist LEO's changed their ways??...c'mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
Why do you feel the need to paint all of law enforcement as racist?
I never painted all LEO's as racist. I said we have a history of racism and racist LEO's. Therefore, a situation has been created whereby someone can accuse a LEO WRONGLY of racism. This situation was not created by BHO. That was my point.
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)