Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Re: Mark Johnston Drops from UPCI, Garner Next???

I got to meet MJ at the Global shindig for the first time ... was surprised he and his wife had been reading some of my rants ...

They are CLASSY folks.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

I think I remember giving my Mother his tapes to listen to. She enjoyed listening to him and asked if he was on staff at the church I attended in Jacksonville, NC.

I think she wanted to see if I could ask him to come and preach at my parent's church in MD.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyahstarter View Post
I doubt anyone ever bullied AT... LOL.
It's not the "In Your Face" type of bullying and intimidation. These "bullies" don't have the guts. Instead, it's the letter writing and campaigns of gossip and character assassination.

Do you think Chester ever had the guts to say what he wrote to KH directly to MJ's face? No. That's not how these guys operate.

That's why I think it would be very beneficial to all if we ALL stood up against these types of attacks. Make them bring it out into the open in a forum where they will be held accountable.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Registered Member

I predict it won't be long until we hear a conference sermon about "all these emergents leaving the organization." Of course, there will be a lot of glee in the preacher's eyes when he says "Thank God and Greyhound they're gone!"
Old 01-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
I guess Leonard Westberg's "bowel movement" has become more like the runs.
Pel - I don't think you can hang this one on him. I believe that what he meant to happen with the org was stopped by the way NAU handled the affirmation statement.
I think this goes right back to the TV vote, which so far has appeared to be more of a symbolic vote.
This led to the loss of some far right churches, which then resulted in the entire org moving further to the right. Now you have the reaction from the more left-leaning churches who are not happy.
Sort of an interesting study in group org politics and I would like for someone to complete an in-depth look at it, with some facts and figures.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

Oh. My. Word.

I had heard that these men were leaving...

I remember feeling like we were the only ones leaving back in 2008...I now realize how wrong I was about that feeling! Sad to say, I do think more will leave...

So, I guess my hubby and I should join Global?!?!? That seems to be the place to be if you leave!
Old 01-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
It's not the "In Your Face" type of bullying and intimidation. These "bullies" don't have the guts. Instead, it's the letter writing and campaigns of gossip and character assassination.

Do you think Chester ever had the guts to say what he wrote to KH directly to MJ's face? No. That's not how these guys operate.

That's why I think it would be very beneficial to all if we ALL stood up against these types of attacks. Make them bring it out into the open in a forum where they will be held accountable.
Fight City Hall? Is that considered proper in a religious organization? Especially if the challenges were in areas considered "salvational".

For the record.... I do NOT know why either of these gentlemen left UPC. I didn't even know they had until now...
Old 01-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Mark Johnston Drops from UPCI, Garner Next

Quote:
Those "backsliders" with their "filth?"

Why is it ... Why do the radical and "hard-core" standards kind of guys in the UPC and WPF sound more and more like the "Old Steve Winters?" It seems that even Winters finally got tired of that rap and decided to relax and even "rock out" a bit.

... a crazy kind of a bit, but the guy has certainly tamed his vehemence and rhetoric. Now, to hear someone called "filth" you have to go to General Conference or read a WPF website.
Regarding SW, not really Pel. He is just as vitriolic as before

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Registered Member

Anyone on here that is close to maryland and deleware want to pm me? Would love to chat!!
Old 01-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnock View Post
I recently let my license drop.

I know of six other ministers whom I am close to in both age and ideology who have done the same.

They're sick of it.
Can you explain "sick of it"? What exactly is causing you guys to let your license drop

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.