Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Missions Area
Facebook

Notices

Missions Area Reports and photos from Missionaries

Old 01-28-2015, 10:45 AM
Sister Alvear

Pray for us

I am only e mailing this to 50 friends however thought I would ask for prayer here.

Dearest friends:

Usually I send out monthly letters to all those on my list but this is not a usual letter. I prayed and felt to send out 50 letters. So if you get this your name was chosen from a long list.

I cannot explain the goodness of God it is far beyond my capacity. Brother Alvear and our Family just got in from a little over 9000 KM trip traveling across Brazil. Our first stop was for our convention in Bahia and we spent 3 days teaching and preaching there and seeing God fill people with His spirit. The next preaching stop was the state of Sao Paulo where we preached at several of the churches there and then headed for a new church dedication in the state of Mato Grosso do Sul. The church is located in the far backlands of that state so not only did we get to see God moving in an awesome way we saw the many beautiful birds flying in all directions, the parrots, Macaws pigeons songbirds, 
Harpy Eagles, and Crowned Solitary Eagles and on and on…. surely the heavens declare the glory of God and the earth shewth his handiwork…Our next stop was for a regional ladies meeting in the Campo Grande church in Mato Grosso do Sul…for two days and nights.

In Campo Grande Brother Alvear took advantage we were there and also ordained a new minister in the Sunday night service.

From there we went on to the country of Paraguay to visit with our people and encourage the small flock there for several days.

Then we started the trip northward again passing in the state of Sao Paulo for more special services at different churches and a special youth service in the city of Valinhos.

We were privileged to see God feel many people with His Spirit. We also saw several baptized in the saving name of Jesus.

For old people like us it was a very hard trip with thousands of miles over mostly 2 lane mountainous bad roads. It was around 117 degrees. Needless to say our “beautiful” feet were swollen and very tired each night.

From Campinas we started our journey back to Maceio. Pulling a “wagon” full of suitcases and mattresses….

A month of traveling by faith but each day God met the needs and we traveled on…
When we returned to Sao Paulo our monthly offerings had come in and we took advantage and exchanged our money there (better rates) I thought we hid safely our money but when we got back home somewhere along our journey (perhaps at some hotel) someone stole it from my purse. It was our money to pay our monthly bills and the bricklayers that are working on the homeless children’s project.

This month two of our churches in our area were robbed. The Tabuleiro church and the Santos Dumont church. Thieves took all their musical instruments, sound systems, even took the church decorations!

So while we work for God the devil also works to try to get us to stop or to discourage us however we know God will help us through His people. So I have chosen to write a few o four homeland supporters and ask for special help to get us through this trial.

You may send to our PayPal janalvear@aol.com or to our homeland address. South American Foreign Missions, PO Box 797, Jonesville, La 71343.

We would be very grateful for any help. Thanks so much.

Brother and Sister Raul and Janice Alvear

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 01-28-2015, 06:03 PM
Banned

Re: Pray for us

you are in my prayers, Sis. Quite a contrast between the Brazilians i'm familiar with--obviously the privileged ones--here to work a season in the US, and the stories you tell! And yikes, 117 degrees? I had no idea, thot that was like only in the Sahara or something!
Old 01-28-2015, 06:24 PM
Sister Alvear

it was very hot...and there are many poor people in Brazil....of course there are rich ones also. I love Brazil it has been my whole life.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 01-28-2015, 06:57 PM
Banned

the Braz kids we get in ski season are invariably open and warm-hearted. But 117, yikes.