Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet > Testimonies
Facebook

Notices

Old 05-07-2019, 08:29 AM
Registered Member

Thank God

I just turned 60 in February, last Sept. 16 I had a heart attack. The cardiologist said I had, had one before but they could not say when. Looking back on it I think it was a year ago when I thought I had a very small stroke, now I know that it must have been the first heart attack. When I went into the hospital and they run the test on me, the cardiologist said that my heart was only functioning at 30%.

I am ok now I have changed my diet getting as much exercise as I can and basically feel back to normal although I do get tired more quickly.

I say all that to say that in the last five years several of my friends have passed some are a bit younger some a bit older. Yesterday I went to a service of the husband of a women that came into our church in high school and was very good friends with my wife. He was like two years younger that me.

The point is that we don't know when we can or will be called home we could be just fine when we go to bed and not wake up in the morning. So we need to live for God while we can, and give him praise for we are not given time frame as to when we will go.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:15 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Re: Thank God

Quote:
Originally Posted by loran adkins View Post
I just turned 60 in February, last Sept. 16 I had a heart attack. The cardiologist said I had, had one before but they could not say when. Looking back on it I think it was a year ago when I thought I had a very small stroke, now I know that it must have been the first heart attack. When I went into the hospital and they run the test on me, the cardiologist said that my heart was only functioning at 30%.

I am ok now I have changed my diet getting as much exercise as I can and basically feel back to normal although I do get tired more quickly.

I say all that to say that in the last five years several of my friends have passed some are a bit younger some a bit older. Yesterday I went to a service of the husband of a women that came into our church in high school and was very good friends with my wife. He was like two years younger that me.

The point is that we don't know when we can or will be called home we could be just fine when we go to bed and not wake up in the morning. So we need to live for God while we can, and give him praise for we are not given time frame as to when we will go.

I worked in EMS for 5 years...death is no respecter of persons...I know that losing peers and friends is a sobering expereince but Im glad that you are taking care of your health.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:43 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Thank God

Quote:
Originally Posted by loran adkins View Post

I'm praying for you.

Please pray for me.