Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-10-2019, 06:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post

I’m trying to get this car on the road before Wednesday. Liability insurance. A bill and a half.
Needs 4 new tires.
Need to glue rear view mirror to windshield.
AC needs to be charged. That can wait.
Needs new wipers.

Needs to pass inspection. I am confused about something. Inspection before putting car in my name? Or after? No one can give me a clear answer.

And I lost $30
I don’t know about inspections. In Florida they are illegal.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:51 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Update

Quote:

I’m trying to get this car on the road before Wednesday. Liability insurance. A bill and a half.
Needs 4 new tires.
Need to glue rear view mirror to windshield.
AC needs to be charged. That can wait.
Needs new wipers.

Needs to pass inspection. I am confused about something. Inspection before putting car in my name? Or after? No one can give me a clear answer.

And I lost $30
Must be inspected before it can get a current registration. However, it is not required to get inspection prior to transfer of ownership (otherwise nobody could by a junk or broken down car that needs repairs).

Since I was a teenager, I have always been able to find a go-to guy for "difficult" inspections. Just saying...

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-11-2019, 05:12 PM
New User

Re: Any car mechanics in here?

Got inspection done. Have wipers and freon- will deal with tomorrow.

No sense in starting another thread. Grandma’s car didn’t start today. Replaced the battery. The terminal kinda became partly separated from the old battery and leaked stuff...

Anyway. New battery is installed. Car will not start.

Ideas?
Old 06-11-2019, 05:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

No sense in starting another thread. Grandma’s car didn’t start today. Replaced the battery. The terminal kinda became partly separated from the old battery and leaked stuff...

Ideas?
Starter relay switch. Starter solenoid. Fuse in ignition relay/start circuit. Bad ignition lock (where you turn the key).

Do you have the owner's manual or a Chilton's? Also, most info can be found with a bing or google search for your year make and model and "will not start"

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-11-2019, 05:41 PM
New User

No, no manual. But thanks.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Ideas?
ALWAYS check the ground cable. (Clean the cable ends and make sure they are tight).

Last edited by Tithesmeister; 06-11-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Ideas?

When U say will not start, do u mean it will or will not crank over?(But will not start...) iOW, what exactly does it do when u crank it?
Old 06-11-2019, 10:29 PM
Registered Member

Borrowing the thread a little...since it’s on mechanics..

This past Friday I bought a 88 Honda GoldWing 1500 at a garage sale,

No battery...non used or running at all in 4 years, the lady lost her husband 4 years ago...
No fuel, but I fixed fuel pump. No rear brakes, and no clutch but I got them both working, so I’ve made some progress...
Running rough, have to leave it choked to run, The 2 carb’s jets are no doubt clogged up w varnish and whatever from setting so long.

Drained gas. Mixed some Sea Foam in the 92 higher octane gas, ran it like that during each evening the last few days, a little better but still running rough...still need to Chile it or it dies when coming to a stop. Carbs are an absolute nightmare to get to, to pull the jets and clean properly. So tonight I pulled the gas line before the fuel filter and carbs, and poured straight Sea Foam in the line while bike was idling, until it reached the cylinders and started sending white smoke out the exhaust, for the sole purpose of filling the carbs with the Sea Foam...shut bike off, and I am leaving the carbs full overnight and all day tomorrow till I get off work then I’ll hook the gas line back up and crank it up and see if it helped or not.

Through the front radiator grill cover, there is a very small opening to slide a 2’ long screwdriver through back to the carb bowl drain plug....I’ve got the 2’ screwdriver but haven’t tried it yet....kinda scared of loosening a fuel mixture screw instead since it’s rediculous to try to see to hit the screw any way.

That will be my next step after trying the Sea Foam soak for a couple days then draining the varnish and crud out of the carb bowl.

I said all that to say and ask, have any of u guys delt w this particular issue?
IE: leaving Sea Foam in a carb a few hours to get out the varnish gunk from old gas? Ever tried that?

On power washers or lawn mowers etc, seems like I always had to pull the bowl and jets and clean them by hand w solvent and a small needle to do any good, but I sure don’t want to strip this GoldWing down to pulling the carbs if I can keep from it. Nightmare.

Last edited by JamesGlen; 06-11-2019 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:45 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGlen View Post
When U say will not start, do u mean it will or will not crank over?(But will not start...) iOW, what exactly does it do when u crank it?
It does nothing. First 2 tries it sounded like it was going to start. Now it makes no sound.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
It does nothing. First 2 tries it sounded like it was going to start. Now it makes no sound.
It is likely what Tithemeister mentioned, cable terminals needing cleaned or just tightened. They don’t seem to be making good connection.