Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-17-2019, 03:03 PM
Registered Member

Re: Mental Health Issues and Demonic Oppression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
not sure what the problem is, but I can say I dont think folks pray now like the used to.
I think it was a Verbal Bean book I read that he made the comment that his elders at the time believed that a person wouldnt make it if they didnt pray at least three hours a day. Bro. Bean said he believed that a person wouldnt make it if they didnt pray at least one hour a day.

I wander what that has dwindled down to in our generation.
Altho we cannot scripturally say one must pray a certain amount a day it seems to be a principal that if we draw near to God he will draw near to us. The Charismatic Church where I was baptized into the name of Jesus taught 3 hours a day.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:54 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
not sure what the problem is, but I can say I dont think folks pray now like the used to.
I think it was a Verbal Bean book I read that he made the comment that his elders at the time believed that a person wouldnt make it if they didnt pray at least three hours a day. Bro. Bean said he believed that a person wouldnt make it if they didnt pray at least one hour a day.

I wander what that has dwindled down to in our generation.
What has dwindled down?

Nothing.

If you ain’t seeing anything then draw a circle around you and start there.
I like you a lot, and I’m not saying this as any offense to you. But please listen to this. I once sat in a service where an old elder said he wanted to see revival in his time. Which is basic, but he went on to say that pray, move of the Holy Ghost isn’t like it was in old time. I thought to my self, where has this Brother not been? Holy Ghost moves start with YOU. Power packed prayer starts with YOU. True flamethrower revival starts with YOU. There was a recent post which said “is there any Christians on this forum?” When in my opinion you should of said “am I the ONLY Christian here?” Because isn’t that what it is all about? If you do the best you can do, and I do my part as we follow Jesus Christ, won’t we get there?
Old 06-17-2019, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
What has dwindled down?

Nothing.

I like you a lot, and I’m not saying this as any offense to you. But please listen to this. I once sat in a service where an old elder said he wanted to see revival in his time. Which is basic, but he went on to say that pray, move of the Holy Ghost isn’t like it was in old time. I thought to my self, where has this Brother not been? Holy Ghost moves start with YOU. Power packed prayer starts with YOU. True flamethrower revival starts with YOU. There was a recent post which said “is there any Christians on this forum?” When in my opinion you should of said “am I the ONLY Christian here?” Because isn’t that what it is all about? If you do the best you can do, and I do my part as we follow Jesus Christ, won’t we get there?
I understand and agree with what you posted about things starting with us, but I don't agree with your response of "nothing" has dwindled down.

Do you believe Christians are as committed as they were back in the day? I don't. And yes, I include myself when answering the question and understand that I need to focus on myself and my family.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:49 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I understand and agree with what you posted about things starting with us, but I don't agree with your response of "nothing" has dwindled down.

Do you believe Christians are as committed as they were back in the day? I don't. And yes, I include myself when answering the question and understand that I need to focus on myself and my family.
Christians in the plural isn’t what I’m talking about. The drawn circle around us is all that matters. Everything must begin with us being on fire. Anything I ever wanted in my life it was me who needed to make the decision to act and carry it out. I always remember my church Brother Noah Goldberg running around with his Bible opened up to the book of Acts. He kept asking all the elders when we will do all the things in the book of Acts. When he got to me I just said to him “do it!” He and his wife went and did it. All night prayer meetings before we would have service. Great Holy Ghost services. Christians? No, Christian. You make the difference. You are the movement, you are the change.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:43 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Christians in the plural isn’t what I’m talking about. The drawn circle around us is all that matters. Everything must begin with us being on fire. Anything I ever wanted in my life it was me who needed to make the decision to act and carry it out. I always remember my church Brother Noah Goldberg running around with his Bible opened up to the book of Acts. He kept asking all the elders when we will do all the things in the book of Acts. When he got to me I just said to him “do it!” He and his wife went and did it. All night prayer meetings before we would have service. Great Holy Ghost services. Christians? No, Christian. You make the difference. You are the movement, you are the change.

Oh Bro. Benincasa! That means that I cant hide in the crowd and give lip service! You mean I gotta actually obey the voice of the Lord myself and personally obey?

Sounds like there is some "collectivist" mindsets we need to separate ourselves from...this "gotta get it done through the group"

Makes you wonder if when the scripture says,"Lord didnt "we" do this in thy name?"

If the "we" being referred to is referencing themselves personally or a group they identified with that they just said "Since I belong to this group that does such and such Im automatically credited for doing those things even though I never really personally did them myself...."

Same with "revival"...

You can sit around waiting on the right sermon to be preached...the right song to be sung...the right youth leader to be hired...but what really matters is what we do as individuals...God doesnt grade on the curve...it will never be about what someone else did or didnt do but what YOU *me* did or didnt do.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Oh Bro. Benincasa! That means that I cant hide in the crowd and give lip service! You mean I gotta actually obey the voice of the Lord myself and personally obey?

Sounds like there is some "collectivist" mindsets we need to separate ourselves from...this "gotta get it done through the group"

Makes you wonder if when the scripture says,"Lord didnt "we" do this in thy name?"

If the "we" being referred to is referencing themselves personally or a group they identified with that they just said "Since I belong to this group that does such and such Im automatically credited for doing those things even though I never really personally did them myself...."

Same with "revival"...

You can sit around waiting on the right sermon to be preached...the right song to be sung...the right youth leader to be hired...but what really matters is what we do as individuals...God doesnt grade on the curve...it will never be about what someone else did or didnt do but what YOU *me* did or didnt do.
Bro, you must be out there praying WITH those who need it.
Book of Acts still working through YOU!
Old 06-17-2019, 07:31 PM
New User

I like reading about stuff like in the book of Acts.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:38 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-18-2019, 07:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
What has dwindled down?

Nothing.

I agree with you for the most part, but being in leadership at our local assembly I must provoke my brothers and sisters to decide for themselves to flame up and I'm seeing God do great things. Im not ashamed to say Bro. Im on fire.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:24 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I agree with you for the most part, but being in leadership at our local assembly I must provoke my brothers and sisters to decide for themselves to flame up and I'm seeing God do great things. Im not ashamed to say Bro. Im on fire.
People care more about what you actually do. More than anything you will ever say. That is what will provoke some. You are the most important one to provoke to good works. Inspire all around you by being the hottest fire ever! In Jesus name!