Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-05-2008, 11:26 AM
delete account

Re: Church Without Walls in Foreclosure (Whites ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
I wasn't aware one had to remove their pants to get up on the platform. I've been doing it wrong all these years. LOL

Old 12-05-2008, 11:50 AM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister_WD View Post
The future of Without Walls International Church, once one of the fastest-growing congregations in the country, is in jeopardy as the church faces foreclosure of its Tampa and Lakeland properties.

The California-based Evangelical Christian Credit Union holds the church’s mortgage and filed foreclosure proceedings Tuesday. The credit union has also initiated foreclosure proceedings on the church’s North Lakeland branch, Without Walls Central Church.

Court records show the church defaulted on a loan due in August. The credit union is demanding immediate repayment of that loan and the $12 million mortgage on Without Walls’ Grady Avenue property.

Without Walls owes $13 million on its Tampa property and $12.5 million on the church’s Lakeland branch, said the church’s chief financial officer, Norva Carrington.

Here's the entire story

http://www.theledger.com/article/200...ews/811050401#
Obviously they did not sow any of their money into other ministries.

Paula White talks all day on TBN about sowing money into the kingdom of God and he will add to you 100 times over.

The only thing white about Paula White are the White Lies she tells on air and in the pulpit.

I wish someone would put one of these idiots in jail......
Old 12-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Registered Member

Bump
Old 12-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Christmas 2009

The sad part is that when Randy was a little nobody Church of God evangelist and Paula was cleaning the church, back when they first got married - I think they were sincere and really wanted to do something for the Lord. I guess greed got a hold of them and brought them down. God help us! But for the grace of God........
Old 12-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Sister Alvear

I think it is very sad...someone said that greed is the most dependable of all human vices...no wonder Satan uses that tool so much.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 12-05-2008, 08:48 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
The sad part is that when Randy was a little nobody Church of God evangelist and Paula was cleaning the church, back when they first got married - I think they were sincere and really wanted to do something for the Lord. I guess greed got a hold of them and brought them down. God help us! But for the grace of God........
Some clean the church and gleam for stardom.

Others clean the church and pray for the souls that will one day sit in them.

That is the difference.

Paula White was seeking stardom....
Old 12-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
You feel bad for Randy and Paula? How about saving a little sympathy for the people who mad them rich and were taken advantage of?

IMO,they deserve no pity whatsoever
Yes, I do feel bad for them. I feel bad for any leader who loses focus and stumbles and falls and takes others with them.

I feel bad for those who may have been taken advantage of as well.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Mr. Stewart

In my opinion, what some of these "pastors" have done is criminal. I have read some of the stories of the people who fall for their cons and clear out their retirements, spend all their pension, or live in absolute poverty while "sowing" into the obscene wealth of con pastors. I feel about as sorry for them as I do the Enron executives.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 12-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Incredible India

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
In my opinion, what some of these "pastors" have done is criminal. I have read some of the stories of the people who fall for their cons and clear out their retirements, spend all their pension, or live in absolute poverty while "sowing" into the obscene wealth of con pastors. I feel about as sorry for them as I do the Enron executives.
This is so wrong, wrong, wrong-

To me this is the lowest of the low to take advantage of the elderly.

I am not saying that the Whites did that-but a few months ago I spent time talking to an elderly woman who was taken by fake preacher, he literally ripped her off of thousands of dollars, I did all I could to help her, which wasn't much.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:54 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

This is what happens when people put their trust in a "star" pastor. They are blessed by the talented oratory and personality, and overlook the ugliness underneath. Being "blessed" in the top priority.

We all like to attend a church that is meeting our needs at the time, but the gullible place their emphasis on how high you jump or how loud you shout during the service. We all like to attend a "happening" church!

That being said, I could be as gullible as anyone else here, but I feel I'm getting better at it!