Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-12-2013, 01:51 PM
Registered Member

How to find which upci section you are in?

I have always wondered if there is some sort of chart or manual online that let's people in the upci (United Pentecostal Church International) know which section they are in?

Do they have a chart online for the whole USA or even the world?

How does one go about finding this information out?

I know you can ask your local pastor, but that is not what I am talking about.

I am talking about if you see something going on in a section outside your area you may want to attend, it would be easy if they gave the area assoctaied with that section.

To say some event is in section 2 for example, would do nothing for me..... as I do not know what parts of Tennessee section 2 covers!

Yet a LOT of upci events are advertised in just such a way!

To me, it has always puzzled me why they do this.

Last edited by webe123; 01-12-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: How to find which upci section you are in?

Ask your pastor

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Holiness Is Still Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Ask your pastor
Most of the time if your church is active in their section and district you'll know just from being there for a while.

I've been going to my current church for five months and know what section we're in and the section and district leadership by heart and we're not considered that active compared to other churches in the district.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Google is your friend

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:52 PM
"I FEEL JESUS IN THIS PLACE!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by navygoat1998 View Post
Google is your friend

It works! I typed in: 'Indiana Section 3 UPCI'....it brought me to the site that shows EVERYTHING- even a map of the state broken down into Sectional Boundaries...
Old 01-13-2013, 02:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by not4saken View Post
It works! I typed in: 'Indiana Section 3 UPCI'....it brought me to the site that shows EVERYTHING- even a map of the state broken down into Sectional Boundaries...
Didn't work for ME! I looked on Google before asking this and I live in Tennessee. So please don't act like I am stupid.

Maybe Indiana was one state that did. But not all of them do...that is my point!

And IF people would take the time to READ my post... I also stated... (FROM MY POST) "I know you can ask your local pastor, but that is not what I am talking about."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Ask your pastor
Learn to READ...From my post....
"I know you can ask your local pastor, but that is not what I am talking about."

Quote:
Originally Posted by navygoat1998 View Post
Google is your friend
Stupid statement! I LOOKED on Google! Maybe you should have asked me if I did.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:25 AM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by webe123 View Post
Didn't work for ME! I looked on Google before asking this and I live in Tennessee. So please don't act like I am stupid.

Maybe Indiana was one state that did. But not all of them do...that is my point!

And IF people would take the time to READ my post... I also stated... (FROM MY POST) "I know you can ask your local pastor, but that is not what I am talking about."

"I know you can ask your local pastor, but that is not what I am talking about."

WOW, somebody needs a Scotty Hug !!!!

Come here and give me a hug, come on !!
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 01-13-2013, 07:51 AM
"I FEEL JESUS IN THIS PLACE!"

Quote:

Hmmmm...guess you told ME. Bwaahahahahaahha...hope you feel better after getting THAT off your chest.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:

Bless your heart.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-13-2013, 09:10 AM
God's Son

I don't think they will check your section status at the door. I wouldn't worry about.

Quote:

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV