Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

It's pretty disturbing to be 40yrs. old and be a chrome dome.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
NOT SO this outward issue definitely has inward issues.
That was always the excuse to concentrate on the outward more than the inward. lol If it really were the case, then there would be just as many posts in inward issue topics.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Prince View Post
FAL--sure--but I have done this before. When I answered those questions--I would have just gotten four more. I don't have time. So, I summarized my whole position--and that will be all I will take time to do.
Nah... I don't have that much time either!
Old 05-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman View Post
BP- Bless you for trying but middle ground is much harder to stand on with this issue than either end.

I think what you said in answering is that it is basically personal preference that makes "you" feel good about seeing women with uncut hair. You think their dedication to God shines through it...

However, I doubt that society sees it in the same way as you do. I suspect it would be more akin to their reaction to Muslim women wearing head coverings. Something burdonsome... (NOT SAYING THAT IT IS FOR ALL WOMEN), just pointing out the pros and cons of long hair being considered beneficial to our witness in the community.
I wonder how many people have been converted to the Apostolic faith simply by seeing a woman's long hair?
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 05-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
That was always the excuse to concentrate on the outward more than the inward. lol If it really were the case, then there would be just as many posts in inward issue topics.
I'm just curious - does a non-Apostolic woman who has long hair, or uncut hair, have the same power?
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 05-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Jesus said make the inside of the cup first and the platter that the OUTSIDE of them may be clean ALSO. Mt. 23:26 The OUTWARD should reflect the inward.

Most outward problems are really inward problems that have been made apparent outwardly. Such as bobbed hair a sign of rebellion against Divine order. Long hair was the sign of authority that signifies Headship. But feminist both in and out of the church reject submission to masculine authority. Thier cut hair is saying NO MAN is going to tell me what to do.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Jesus said make the inside of the cup first and the platter that the OUTSIDE of them may be clean ALSO. Mt. 23:26 The OUTWARD should reflect the inward.

Most outward problems are really inward problems that have been made apparent outwardly. Such as bobbed hair a sign of rebellion against Divine order. Long hair was the sign of authority that signifies Headship. But feminist both in and out of the church reject submission to masculine authority. Thier cut hair is saying NO MAN is going to tell me what to do.
What is a non-submissive woman with long hair saying?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
I wonder how many people have been converted to the Apostolic faith simply by seeing a woman's long hair?
Ha! We will likely read about it in the Pentecostal Hearald when it happens; if it ever happens!
Old 05-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
What is a non-submissive woman with long hair saying?
Her hair is a witness against her! It tells her she is to be in submission and testifies that she is but is not thus her own hair will judge her.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:38 PM
delete account

Talking

Quote:
Her hair is a witness against her! It tells her she is to be in submission and testifies that she is but is not thus her own hair will judge her.
Closed Thread