Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-17-2010, 04:09 PM
DAII DAII is offline
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com


 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,597
Re: DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDWW View Post
Evidently........
I can hear Dr. Phil saying, "How's that workin' out for ya?"
__________________
VISIT US @ WWW.THE316.COM
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Esther's Avatar
Esther Esther is offline
Administrator


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,341
Re: DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Oh my goodness, guess what? Hardly anyone I know cares what you think about anything. DKB loves God and is more Apostolic in one skin cell than you are in your entire body frame. Just sayin'.......

Lord, I see I need to totally take a break. You are most annoying, like a horse fly. Have fun on AFF, Danny Boy. You have a platform.
Hit your ignore button.
__________________
Happy moments, PRAISE GOD.
Difficult moments, SEEK GOD.
Quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Michael Phelps's Avatar
Michael Phelps Michael Phelps is offline
Rebel with a cause.


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 6,813
Re: DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDWW View Post
No need for you to fear DAII!!!! That mean ole UPCI wouldn't rub off on you......

By the way I do agree that not matter how holy one might consider their standards if they ain't exhibiting love one for another they're as wrong as two boys kissing!

Jesus went so far as to teach that we're not to just love our neighbor bt we are to love our enemy.
Let's take the UPCI out of the equasion for a minute, I would venture to say that ANY religious organization which puts more focus on identification of the members than they do infiltration of a lost world is going backwards.

Are we more interested in "REvival" or "SURvival"?

This has been my soapbox for a long time, too many churches (Apostolic and non-apostolic) have become showcases instead of distribution centers. How many messages in a given week throughout America are centered on the saints vs. the sinners?

I realize that teaching and preaching to the saints is necessary, but when the focus of our service is keeping the saints saved and not on evangelizing the world, we're out of balance.

Go thru this little exercise - count the instances in the New Testament where Jesus preached to the saved versus ministering to the lost. You'll find that when He DID preach to the saints, it was almost inevitably challenging them to go and minister to the sinners!
__________________
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-17-2010, 04:41 PM
RevDWW's Avatar
RevDWW RevDWW is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,529
Re: DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
Let's take the UPCI out of the equasion for a minute, I would venture to say that ANY religious organization which puts more focus on identification of the members than they do infiltration of a lost world is going backwards.

Are we more interested in "REvival" or "SURvival"?

This has been my soapbox for a long time, too many churches (Apostolic and non-apostolic) have become showcases instead of distribution centers. How many messages in a given week throughout America are centered on the saints vs. the sinners?

I realize that teaching and preaching to the saints is necessary, but when the focus of our service is keeping the saints saved and not on evangelizing the world, we're out of balance.

Go thru this little exercise - count the instances in the New Testament where Jesus preached to the saved versus ministering to the lost. You'll find that when He DID preach to the saints, it was almost inevitably challenging them to go and minister to the sinners!
Good stuff!!!!

The Great Commission is "GO YE"....not "GO HE".....it's not for someone else it's a commission to each of us as individuals. Enough of the hunker in the bunker we need to go out and conquer!
__________________
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-17-2010, 04:48 PM
D. Wright D. Wright is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 236
Re: DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Oh my goodness, guess what? Hardly anyone I know cares what you think about anything. DKB loves God and is more Apostolic in one skin cell than you are in your entire body frame. Just sayin'.......

Lord, I see I need to totally take a break. You are most annoying, like a horse fly. Have fun on AFF, Danny Boy. You have a platform.
Sister did you listen to the video or would you rather jump DAII?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-17-2010, 04:52 PM
DAII DAII is offline
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com


 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,597
Re: DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity,

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Wright View Post
Sister did you listen to the video or would you rather jump DAII?
D. Wright do you agree with that the 3 greatest challenges facing the UPCI in North America is:

1. Maintain Apostolic Identity
2. Maintain Apostolic Unity
3. Get more exposure

??????

When did unity get the "apostolic" qualifier?
__________________
VISIT US @ WWW.THE316.COM

Last edited by DAII; 01-17-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-17-2010, 04:57 PM
D. Wright D. Wright is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 236
Re: DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
D. Wright do you agree with that the 3 greatest challenges facing the UPCI in North America is:

1. Maintain Apostolic Identity
2. Maintain Apostolic Unity
3. Get more exposure

??????

When did unity get the "apostolic" qualifier?
I do not.
1. Maintain Spirit-filled Identity
2. Maintain UNITY i.e. Acts (one mind one accord)
3. Might get them more exposure
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Sam's Avatar
Sam Sam is offline
Jesus' Name Pentecostal


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: near Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 17,805
Re: DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDWW View Post
He'd probably take great umbrage to folks thinking I were he......besides I'm much taller.......
just about everyone is taller than Bro. Eplely
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Jeffrey Jeffrey is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,178
Re: DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity,

Somewhere missing is the ultimate mission of the church -- simply:

1) GO
2) Teach
3) Make disciples
4) Baptize

and empowering this mission is the Spirit. Fueling the Mission is the Jesus Creed: Love God, Love your neighbor.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Michael Phelps's Avatar
Michael Phelps Michael Phelps is offline
Rebel with a cause.


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 6,813
Re: DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Somewhere missing is the ultimate mission of the church -- simply:

1) GO
2) Teach
3) Make disciples
4) Baptize

and empowering this mission is the Spirit. Fueling the Mission is the Jesus Creed: Love God, Love your neighbor.
And THAT, my friends, is all that needs to be said.
__________________
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Here's My Definition of "Apostolic Identity." EA Fellowship Hall 71 05-15-2009 12:58 PM
Monopoly on Apostolic Identity is no more .... SDG The D.A.'s Office 337 02-10-2009 06:13 PM
**Herald Begins Apostolic Identity Campaign ** SDG The D.A.'s Office 139 02-08-2009 07:10 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Esaias
- by n david
- by mfblume
- by Esaias

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.