Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:19 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
You have absolutely no need to apologize for anything! I appreciate your words. Your experiences are valid, and meaningful. I have been where you are now.

Aren't you glad you bit the bullet and left? It was painful, but I guarantee you are better for it. The real travesty would have been to stay in an untenable situation.
I begged my husband not to ever take me back there....if you only knew! But you know, it's strange because, it just didn't have to be this way, ya know? I really feel a genuine sorrow for the all the people involved, including the pastor! We are better for it and truthfully, God knew where we were and the time spent there has helped us to be better in the ministry! God is good!

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 02-12-2007, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChocolate View Post
I begged my husband not to ever take me back there....if you only knew! But you know, it's strange because, it just didn't have to be this way, ya know? I really feel a genuine sorrow for the all the people involved, including the pastor! We are better for it and truthfully, God knew where we were and the time spent there has helped us to be better in the ministry! God is good!

Happy to hear it. I have enjoyed talking to you. Sorry about all the ranting.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You are my friend Bro, but listen to me very, very carefully!

Get out of there! There are thousands of pastors in the UPC that would give their right arm to have a right hand man.

Opportunities come when we position ourselves to receive them.

Think about that statement. Do you never ask for a raise? Do you never change jobs, houses?

You do these things to become better. There are some times you can become better in the place you are at. Other times you've gotta move.

But if you are sincere, you will position yourself to be used of God no matter what. I am not fomenting rebellion, just a healthy respect of self.

A good pastor will want what is best for you.

I think you misunderstood me. I was not speaking about myself. I have had many good opportunities. I'm at a place right now that is awesome for my ministry.

The rest of your words are true!
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 02-12-2007, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDWW View Post
I think you misunderstood me. I was not speaking about myself. I have had many good opportunities. I'm at a place right now that is awesome for my ministry.

The rest of your words are true!
You can't fool me, Bubba! You are just another disgruntled poster beating up all of us pastors.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:24 PM

[QUOTE=Rhoni;3390]
Quote:
Originally Posted by whollyHis View Post

Yep...you have to humble yourself to clean a toilet before you can hand your credentials on the wall! LOL

lol! been there and done that...but ya know, for those wanting things of God, cleaning the toilet won't be bothersome at all. you just do it like you would in your own house. if it needs to be done, you do it...not for recognition, but because there was a need..!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 02-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

This thread is a prime example of why I didn't want to post my thoughts to begin with- but, conceded to BOOM's admonishment...

We have been at the church we attend now, for about eight years. There are multiple lay ministers that I have heard preach MAYBE one time...some not at all...

Sad, in my opinion...

We have a grand piano and a B3 organ that sit idle...more than enough willing talent to have them played...sad, in my opinion...

I'll say no more...

God bless all of you wonderful pastors out there who recognize folks' gifts to the church...
Old 02-12-2007, 07:26 PM

for all you pastors!!!! lol

our thoughts during sunday morning services!!! lol

jk!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You can't fool me, Bubba! You are just another disgruntled poster beating up all of us pastors.

That's right...put'm up...put'm up........

Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 02-12-2007, 08:21 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Bro. Eckstadt,

Please read my thread on how to grow churches...I value your opinion.

Blessings, Rhoni
Will do.

Nathan Eckstadt
Old 02-12-2007, 08:24 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
first, I was talking about people being available to God not some preacher..... second, this is the second time ive seen someone compare preachers to hitler. that was a knucleheaded thing to say. sometimes you say things that are great. this one was kind of knucleheaded. Napoliean I get. Hitler not so much.

I am not comparing then to Hitler for the act of Murder. But his fear of those around him. It is the same in business as I mentioned before.

As for your premise. It takes the door that men allow to open for u to work within a church. Unless you start a new work. Correct? That is all I have to say.