Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 08-27-2018, 03:32 PM
Registered Member

Re: Fire Sessions, Mueller and Rosenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
There will be no civil war over the impeachment of a man who used the help of one of America's long-time enemies to become President of the United States.

It wasn't that long ago that some of us were willing to crucify the other guy over clearly false accusations.

Now we have a President, from our own Party, who appears to have take part in something... a little less than treason, but nonetheless dishonest, unjust, probably criminal and DEFINITELY not in our best interest as a sovereign nation.
And what would that be? Comon' genius, we'd like to hear it.

This whole investigation is nothing but cover for Hillary and Obama. Sessions is clearly compromised or he'd be saying more.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
There will be no civil war over the impeachment of a man who used the help of one of America's long-time enemies to become President of the United States.

It wasn't that long ago that some of us were willing to crucify the other guy over clearly false accusations.

Now we have a President, from our own Party, who appears to have take part in something... a little less than treason, but nonetheless dishonest, unjust, probably criminal and DEFINITELY not in our best interest as a sovereign nation.
you gotta be kidding. whats your source for info? MSNBC, ABC, CNN, Young Turks, national inquire, or Disney?
Old 08-29-2018, 01:15 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
I've never been a Trump supporter, and even I don't buy the Russian collusion story. If there was even a shred of evidence, don't you think they would have plastered it all over the nightly "news" by now? Every single bit of so-called evidence that Mueller has promoted, turned out to be a dud.

Don't get me wrong, it has shone a light on how Trump surrounded himself with corrupt men. Of course, that's sadly not unique to Trump. However, it does nothing to prove the alleged collusion. Even funnier is that we have documented proof of Ted Kennedy actually colluding with the Russians against Reagan, and yet you'll never hear that comparison from the lame-stream media.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:37 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
I've never been a Trump supporter, and even I don't buy the Russian collusion story. If there was even a shred of evidence, don't you think they would have plastered it all over the nightly "news" by now? Every single bit of so-called evidence that Mueller has promoted, turned out to be a dud.

Don't get me wrong, it has shone a light on how Trump surrounded himself with corrupt men. Of course, that's sadly not unique to Trump. However, it does nothing to prove the alleged collusion. Even funnier is that we have documented proof of Ted Kennedy actually colluding with the Russians against Reagan, and yet you'll never hear that comparison from the lame-stream media.
I didn't mind the investigation until the Strzok and Page texts and the Ohr, his wife and Steele emails came out. That is indeed a witch hunt. I also believe many leaders, outside of the Trump circle, surround themselves with corrupt men. Money is the driver and the hard taskmaster. It is going to breed corruption to get to the top, generally.

Anyway, if they had been as hard on Hillary and the Obama Administration, people would have not thought it was a witch hunt.

It is apparent that they truly felt Hillary would win and all of this stuff they did would be covered up. But, now we are getting to the truth of Hillary's emails being routed to China. Louie Gohmert brought that out in the Strzok hearing and it was not mentioned in the news, hardly at all. Strzok testified that he didn't have a remembrance of the tech coming forward to warn of the anomaly on her server, yet he also said in testimony that it was passed to the team. Whatever. They do not care.

Now they have me defending Trump. LOL!
Old 08-29-2018, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

When the SC was first appointed, I told people this would be a good thing for Trump. That it would be much better than Congress conducting open-ended, never ending hearings. That the investigation would be over in a year at most, limited in scope and would prevent leaks.

Boy was I wrong! Once Rosenstein changed the scope of the investigation, it allowed Mueller to go on a fishing expedition.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:48 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Now they have me defending Trump. LOL!
That's how I often feel. I find myself often forced to defend Trump - not because I support him - but because the allegations against him are so baseless and/or inconsequential.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

I have had several business friends who are furious at the investigation.
These are guys who never paid attention to politics until the last couple of years.
A couple of them have told me that if they try to impeach Trump, they were headed to DC to protest.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
I think it is taking time to sort out. First, contact and communications with the Russians isn't illegal. Nor does it prove collusion. An investigation has to go deeper into the nature of each contact and communication with the Russians. That means gathering any legally admissible evidence and interviewing those involved. Then going into their various statements and investigating them from various angels to find inconsistencies, fabrications, etc. To level a legitimate charge of criminal collusion with a foreign government against a sitting President, I'd expect the investigation to take forever searching for anything from any meeting or luncheon even down to a used toothpick.

And I believe it is true that after taking all the time necessary for a thorough investigation... Mueller still might not have anything to base a real case on. Mueller's best option right now is to find criminal wrong doing among those involved and put the squeeze on them to see if anyone squeals and is willing to make a deal for information and/or evidence of collusion. So, it turns into multiple investigations going multiple directions at once.

Frankly, the investigation could take the duration of most of Trump's first term as President... and depending on rabbit trails... longer.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
I have had several business friends who are furious at the investigation.
These are guys who never paid attention to politics until the last couple of years.
A couple of them have told me that if they try to impeach Trump, they were headed to DC to protest.

The right to protest is an American value. If they sincerely feel something is wrong, I support them protesting it. Even if I personally don't agree with them.