Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-19-2018, 06:16 PM
Banned

Re: Irvin Baxter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
So whatcha think happened to the resurrected OT saints after they came back? Good thing The Walking Dead wasn't a thing yet or that would have been short lived.."Aim thine arrows at the head Octavius!"
But seriously...did they just die again later? Were they "caught up" later?
Was it just the bodies that were still *fresh*?
Or was there conversations that went like this...
*Ahem* "I'm your great, great, great, great, great great, great grandfather...and who the heck are these baby faced heathens in leather skirts extorting me for taxes and poking me with pointed sticks?"
No walking dead was found that day. First Christ had to be glorified so they could receive a glorified body like his and be filled with the Holyghost.

John 7:39 (KJV) (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Christ was the firstfruits of those who would attain a glorified body. I can only speculate that they would appear to their loved ones in a form that would be recognizable to their friends and families.

Corinthians 15:20 (KJV) But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

Christ showed that the glorified body was unique to the disciples. He could walk through walls but he could be touched and felt similar to flesh. Since it is a body for eternity it will only be understood when we have our own glorified body.

Luke 24:37 (KJV) But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. 38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. 40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

Selah
Old 09-19-2018, 07:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
What do you believe?
Pre-trib
Old 09-19-2018, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Uh how can you call that the first resurrection when John calls what he saw IN THE FUTURE....the first resurrection? Rev 20:5. Are you saying John was wrong?
If you going to act like I am stupid by using Uh, then why should I show you respect? Uh, your wrong. Revelation was written about past, present and future. I am not going to argue with you.

Revelation 1:19 (KJV) Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter.

Quote:
So if the faithful were resurrected then AND WENT TO HEAVEN.....what happened to King David? Was he "left behind"?

Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulcher (GRAVE) is with us unto this day.
Building a argument around Strong's G2250: hēmera for day is pretty weak. It can be literal day from dusk to dawn or figurative for an undefined period. And David did stay in the grave until Christ fulfilled all and was the first fruits of the dead.

Quote:
Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand.
Acts 2: 30- 36 Peter was referring to the prophecy of Christ being the promise to the House of David. Christ did fulfill this prophecy and conquered the enemy of death. The first part of the sentence is referring to David before the resurrection that he was dead in the ground. Remember capitalized LORD refers to our God and lower case lord is referring to David. The second part has been fulfilled when Jesus conquered mankind’s last enemy death. David is with Christ and the rest of the faithful who awaited his promises. Revelation one set this victorious premise in the first chapter.

1 Corinthians 15:26 (KJV) The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Revelation 1:18 (KJV) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Quote:
1 Tim. 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen

Actually none of those who resurrected that day went to Heaven. If they had they would be immortal. Yet Paul taught ONLY Jesus is immortal.
Okay where did the go? Maybe they are attending a Bar Mitzvah. Tell me where and what are they doing today?

Those who have a glorified body will eat from the tree of life which is amid paradise of God. There is a reason our Heavenly Father has the tree of life and leaves of healing, but we will have a glorified body like his.

Revelation 2:7 (KJV) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

1 John 3:2 (KJV) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Quote:
So it is not true the first resurrection John spoke of in John 20:5 happened before Jesus ever ascended back to Heaven. Why did John say the FIRST RESURRECTION would be after the mark of the beast which would still be future?
Revelation 20 does contain a future vision of the those in the end times. But it also contains the progression of the saints from Matthew to Christ return. If you follow the sequence: Old Testament saints, Apostles and first church saints and the saints killed in the last days of the 1000 years. The first resurrection includes all those who have been given the Holyghost until Christ gathers his children in the air. Jesus clearly states that those born again will pass from death unto life.

Rev 20:4 (KJV) And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

John 5:24 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

I am not saying that I have all the answers and I am trying to figure it out like everyone else. And I am more than willing to listen to good points. It is apparent to me that you just want to argue and not learn. If you want to share ideas and learn then I will respond. If you want to argue with a mirage of scriptures taken out of context then I will not address them again. My time is valuable, but I am trying to be patient.

2 Timothy 2:24 (KJV) And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient.

Selah
Old 09-20-2018, 05:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
It is apparent to me that you just want to argue and not learn. If you want to share ideas and learn then I will respond. If you want to argue with a mirage of scriptures taken out of context then I will not address them again. My time is valuable, but I am trying to be patient.
My time is also valuable.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:50 AM
Banned

I wanted to detail my understanding of the chronological sequence of past, present and future contained in the Revelation 20:4 verse. I will show the scripture from (KJV) and then through a scripture analyzer then break it down.

Revelation 20:4 (KJV) And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years

Interlinear Scripture Analyzer 3 beta: (CLV) Revelation 20:4
And I perceived thrones, and they are seated on them, and judgment was granted to them. And the souls of those executed because of the testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who do not worship the wild beast nor its image and did not get the emblem on their forehead and on their hand, they also live and reign with Christ a thousand years.

First, we know that our Heavenly Father’s throne is the heavens and above all thrones. Then understand that only our Heavenly Father only has the right to give seats of authority prepared for his children.

Psalms 103:19 (KJV) The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.

Mark 10:40 (KJV) But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared.

“And I saw thrones” This is a reference to the throne of David fulfilled through Christ along with the thrones he establishes for the House of David. But it also included those righteous patriarchs and apostles who our Heavenly Father deemed worthy. All these thrones will be around about the Heavenly Throne of our Heavenly Father.

Luke 1:32 (KJV) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Psalms 122:5 (KJV) For there are set thrones of judgment, the thrones of the house of David.

Scriptures weave messianic prophecies that have both an immediate implication yet also have eternal ramifications. The Old Testament follows a progression of David’s seed; with some of his royal heir’s offspring being obedient, and some disobedient in keeping the covenant. But it also foretells of the thrones given to the faithful of the tribes of Israel.

2 Samuel 7:12(KJV) And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

Jeremiah 1:15 (KJV) For, lo, I will call all the families of the kingdoms of the north, saith the LORD; and they shall come, and they shall set every one his throne at the entering of the gates of Jerusalem, and against all the walls thereof round about, and against all the cities of Judah.

This scripture starts with the Old testament Saints to the New Testament saints who has obeyed the gospel. Through time the faithful have been persecuted for righteousness sake. Those persecuted for the word of God in the past; and those in the future, will be rewarded as our Heavenly Father deems.

Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

1Corithians 6:2(KJV) Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Selah
Old 09-20-2018, 11:56 AM
Covenant Apostolic

interesting read, thank you CO238.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
My time is also valuable.
I am sure we both value our time. But I did address your contentions. So when you do have time would you address my question.

Quote:
Actually none of those who resurrected that day went to Heaven.
Okay where did the go? Tell me where and what are they doing today?

Galatians 4:4 (KJV) But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. 6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Selah
Old 09-21-2018, 09:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledOut238 View Post

I am sure we both value our time. But I did address your contentions. So when you do have time would you address my question.

Okay where did the go? Tell me where and what are they doing today?

Galatians 4:4 (KJV) But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. 6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Selah
Matt. 27:52-53

52And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

They went into Jerusalem. They may have then lived out the rest of their lives and died....or maybe they went back to sleep.

One thing is certain. They were not made immortal.

1 Tim. 6:14-16

14That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Note that the Apostle Paul did not believe any human being except Jesus Christ had immortality. If those people went into Heaven and were made immortal he would have known about it.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Matt. 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

They went into Jerusalem. They may have then lived out the rest of their lives and died....or maybe they went back to sleep.
I do appreciate you trying to answer my question, but that explanation is unscriptural. Nobody gets two lives on earth.

Hebrews 9:27 (KJV) And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

Quote:
One thing is certain. They were not made immortal.

1 Tim. 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Note that the Apostle Paul did not believe any human being except Jesus Christ had immortality. If those people went into Heaven and were made immortal he would have known about it.
1Timothy 6:16 (KJV) Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Strong's G3762: oudeís, from G3761 and G1520; not even one (man, woman or thing), i.e. none, nobody, nothing.

This scripture is really referring to Christ being one with pure light of the Spirit. And you are correct in that human being(flesh) cannot come before the Holiness of our Heavenly Father. But we are speaking about a those who have attained a glorified body; like unto Christ, and not fleshly bodies.

John 5:26 (KJV) For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself.

1 John 3:2 (KJV) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

I addressed your premise about immortality with the tree of life being present in paradise. There is a reason our Heavenly Father has the tree of life and leaves of healing, but we will have a glorified body like Christ. How the glorified body works nobody knows. If the glorified body is immortal then why the tree of life? It maybe that we eat of the tree of life after all his children are placed or that we may have to eat from it occasionally. But that is pure speculation, because we will not know until we have a glorified body.

Revelation 2:7 (KJV) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Selah
Old 09-21-2018, 12:17 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledOut238 View Post
I do appreciate you trying to answer my question, but that explanation is unscriptural. Nobody gets two lives on earth.

So everybody who was ever raised from the dead is still alive somewhere?

Lazarus, where art thou?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf