Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
I suspect that a thread like this will eventually give way to one key question; how much false doctrine can you hold on to and still be saved.

I think this is where the line is most always drawn when it comes to false doctrines and their deceptions. It is a 'let me keep my opinions that are contrary to scripture and tell me I'm saved' situation.

The part that frightens me about that whole mentality is that God literally said that the key ingredient of becoming reprobate is believing a lie! It is surely wisdom then to make sure our message is more protected than our opinions.
The only problem is,is everyone thinks their right and everyone else is wrong.Most woun't admitt their wrong.If anyone thinks I'm wrong,talk to me,I have admitted wrong and have changed.I want to be saved.Will you and do you ? To anyone.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Somebody stole my name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
This came up in the Trinity thread so I will address it. Just because one has been born again by obeying Acts 2:38 does NOT guarantee them into Heaven unless they continue steadfastly in the Apostles' doctrine. Pentecost sadly from the 1st century has had men to began to preach perverted teachings that destryed themselves and those who followed them. In Modern times the same has happened men who once preached truth now preach damnable heresies I will name some examples;
1. The "Adam" doctrine.
2. The "Ultimate Reconciliation" doctrine.
3. The "Serpent Seed" doctrine.
4. The "Spiritual Communion" doctrine.
5. The "Divine Flesh" doctrine.
6. The "Full Preterism" doctrine

Speaking as a saint I would ask that you define the Apostles Doctrine.

There seems to be alot of "doctrines" (many winds) blowing around and it is the job of the 5-fold ministry to minster to perfect the saints:

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, [even] Christ:

There are many wolves in sheep's clothing ready to promote and teach a lie in order to get people to follow them. Tell us what this Apostle's doctrine is and how it will keep us saved.

James 2
12 So whenever you speak, or whatever you do, remember that you will be judged by the law of love, the law that set you free. 13 For there will be no mercy for you if you have not been merciful to others. But if you have been merciful, then God's mercy toward you will win out over his judgment against you.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Psalms 132:1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post

The issue, to me, is that we fight principalities, powers, even doctrines... but we don't fight people.

Care to explain the HOW of this.

DOCTOR Old Paths for all your spiritual needs.

STILL believing the same after all these years
Old 04-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
This came up in the Trinity thread so I will address it. Just because one has been born again by obeying Acts 2:38 does NOT guarantee them into Heaven unless they continue steadfastly in the Apostles' doctrine. Pentecost sadly from the 1st century has had men to began to preach perverted teachings that destryed themselves and those who followed them. In Modern times the same has happened men who once preached truth now preach damnable heresies I will name some examples;
1. The "Adam" doctrine.
2. The "Ultimate Reconciliation" doctrine.
3. The "Serpent Seed" doctrine.
4. The "Spiritual Communion" doctrine.
5. The "Divine Flesh" doctrine.
6. The "Full Preterism" doctrine

That Adam Doctrine is a Hot Mess! I think it's about Died out no one in the younger generation has even heard of it

doctrine #2 is an old doctrine that is on the rise again thanks to Reverand Carlton Pearson. He recently joined a gay organization did you hear?

4,5,6, there are only a very small vew within the Apostolic faith who believe these doctrines

QUESTION
what about the doctrine of Yawshua ???????
we had a small group leave over this. they put a flyer on our cars during church one day that said all of us had to be re-baptized in the name of Yawsua.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Psalms 132:1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelel View Post
The only problem is,is everyone thinks their right and everyone else is wrong.Most woun't admitt their wrong.If anyone thinks I'm wrong,talk to me,I have admitted wrong and have changed.I want to be saved.Will you and do you ? To anyone.

Ok Joelel

I'm going to take a moment and help you out. OK.

I am RIGHT.

Hee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

DOCTOR Old Paths for all your spiritual needs.

STILL believing the same after all these years
Old 04-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michlow View Post
This last part is a big question of mine. Thanks to AFF and all its predecessors, I have come to the understanding that there are not two human beings on the face of the earth that have exactly the same spiritual beliefs. There is also some area where you and another will disagree.

So if we say that if someone doesn't believe exactly the same as they are lost, then we are effectively condemning the entire human race. I understand the need to draw the line somewhere. My question has always been where?

Some will say, with Oneness of God, and ACTS 2:38 3-step plan of salvation, and yet turn around and condemn those with a different idea of end-time prophecy or standards, or numerous other things. And it never seems to stop.
If people would understand this they would be a changed person.Eph:4:11: And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;12:For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ

13:Till we all come in the unity (ONE) of the FAITH, and of the KNOWLEDGE of the Son of God, unto a PERFECT man, unto the MEASURE of the STATURE of the FULLNESS of Christ
Old 04-02-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelel View Post
Hey, I was wrong once, then someone corrected me...

Old 04-02-2007, 11:04 AM
but made himself of no reputation

Hey Steve,
what about the folks that teach that you must be baptised just because? Are these folks on your list too?
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath [James 1:19]
Old 04-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actaeon View Post
Has anyone mentioned the "Trinity Doctrine" yet?
What part ?,some of it is not false.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
I think from those who knew him intimately from the beginning that he was a sincere man no doubt used of the Lord in his humble beginnings but in time particularly AFTER he had his nervous breakdown he became influenced by evil spirits particularly in his teachings. The late 50's his ministry changed into this concept of him being Elijah and he alone having the correct interpetation of scripture thus only those following him would be in the Bride.
When Gordon Lindsay and what's his name from Houston, left him, he was surrounded by lesser men, basically yes men that helped to stir up and promote this downfall in him.

But irregardless, Branham was used tremendously of the Lord!