Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Obituaries
Facebook

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Re: R. W. Shambach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post
Could have been the 100,000 watt station, across the border from Del Rio, Texas ... XERF, Ciudad Acuña Coahuila, Mexico with the announcer Paul Kellinger, "your good neighbor along the way!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post

This is the station where one preacher sent out "autographed pictures of the Lord Jesus Christ!" for a small donation.

Bro Schambach was a great preacher and a great man of God.

Been Thinkin
WOW! Does that ever bring back memories from the past!
Heard that station many times during those early years.

Falla39
Old 01-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Urban Pastor

Yes, All those late night preachers were incredible. When some came on, they would make your laugh at how goofy they were, then others you would weep at the power and conviction they preached with. Then others you would be mad as fire at how they put everybody in hell but their little bunch. Out of them all - I loved to hear Brother Schambach. WOW - What a Preacher! He had such a heart of compassion and love for all people. I would see him preach then pray for every soul in the tent and he never seemed to tire. I am so thankful I knew him.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
Yes, All those late night preachers were incredible. When some came on, they would make your laugh at how goofy they were, then others you would weep at the power and conviction they preached with. Then others you would be mad as fire at how they put everybody in hell but their little bunch. Out of them all - I loved to hear Brother Schambach. WOW - What a Preacher! He had such a heart of compassion and love for all people. I would see him preach then pray for every soul in the tent and he never seemed to tire. I am so thankful I knew him.
This is Faye A. Spencer 5218 Longbeach, Ca. with my red string that will make you lose weight. Pastor E. E. Duncan I am the one all the divine healers come to for prayer when they are sick from H-O-U-S-E Springs, Mo. This is Pastor Glen Thompson from Paragould, Ark. and the Lord would say unto thee send me I mean my servant your tithes and offerings. This is James B. Carr of the Little Flock of Mt. Zion read Alta. This is Missionary Douglas with my Darling Daughter Evon. This is Prophet James Harding an I am going to prophecy this whole broadcast. This is Reverend Al that is A-L from Fresno, Ca. I see some little mother listen to this broadcast and you have $20 hidden in that secret place close to your heart send it to me and let me be your preacher boy. Everynight it was XERF or XEG. Now just a bunch of talk shows thise were fun days. This is the Allen Revival Hour from Miracle Valley, Arizona.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
This is Faye A. Spencer 5218 Longbeach, Ca. with my red string that will make you lose weight. Pastor E. E. Duncan I am the one all the divine healers come to for prayer when they are sick from H-O-U-S-E Springs, Mo. This is Pastor Glen Thompson from Paragould, Ark. and the Lord would say unto thee send me I mean my servant your tithes and offerings. This is James B. Carr of the Little Flock of Mt. Zion read Alta. This is Missionary Douglas with my Darling Daughter Evon. This is Prophet James Harding an I am going to prophecy this whole broadcast. This is Reverend Al that is A-L from Fresno, Ca. I see some little mother listen to this broadcast and you have $20 hidden in that secret place close to your heart send it to me and let me be your preacher boy. Everynight it was XERF or XEG. Now just a bunch of talk shows thise were fun days. This is the Allen Revival Hour from Miracle Valley, Arizona.
Faye A. Spencer hurt my neck when I was a teenager. He was pushing on my head so hard to try to get me to fall out. To me he was a fraud.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Urban Pastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
WOW! That brings back many memories. Get that RED STRING TODAY and put in in the front window or on the door posts. It is DEATH on those witchcraft devils and the blood of Jesus will be applied to the door posts!
Here is another - Send me ONE THIN DIME and I will pray over it and send it back to you for a special blessing!
Miracle Meal, Miracle Soap, Miracle Nails, Miracle Prayer (paper)matt, Pictures of the Evangelists Hand to lay on yourself, Miracle Salt, Miracle Oil, Miracle Blood of Jesus Oil, Holy Oil straight from the Garden of Gethsemane, Miracle Holy Water from the River Jordan, Miracle cloth (piece of my shirt), Miracle Saw Dust, Miracle Tent portion, Green Cloth for Prosperity, Red Blood of Jesus Prayer Cloth........
Old 01-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
WOW! That brings back many memories. Get that RED STRING TODAY and put in in the front window or on the door posts. It is DEATH on those witchcraft devils and the blood of Jesus will be applied to the door posts!
Here is another - Send me ONE THIN DIME and I will pray over it and send it back to you for a special blessing!
Miracle Meal, Miracle Soap, Miracle Nails, Miracle Prayer (paper)matt, Pictures of the Evangelists Hand to lay on yourself, Miracle Salt, Miracle Oil, Miracle Blood of Jesus Oil, Holy Oil straight from the Garden of Gethsemane, Miracle Holy Water from the River Jordan, Miracle cloth (piece of my shirt), Miracle Saw Dust, Miracle Tent portion, Green Cloth for Prosperity, Red Blood of Jesus Prayer Cloth........
They used all kinds of things to replace the real power of God. I don't doubt many were healed by faith, though.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Registered Member

We used to listen to some preacher who came on some radion station (high power) and he was from Macon, Ga. He would say capitol M A C O N. He had the blue Powder Package Plan. He would say some send $20, some $10, some $5 but remember nothing + nothing = NOTHING. Of course, we never sent in anything. It was some kind of plan each time we heard him. A lot of people were gullible.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Urban Pastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASTOR'S WIFE View Post
We used to listen to some preacher who came on some radion station (high power) and he was from Macon, Ga. He would say capitol M A C O N. He had the blue Powder Package Plan. He would say some send $20, some $10, some $5 but remember nothing + nothing = NOTHING. Of course, we never sent in anything. It was some kind of plan each time we heard him. A lot of people were gullible.
I remember him too he would say, I have the one way, two way and THREE WAY BLESSIN' PLAN! He had the BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL! LOL
One "Prophet...I think it was REVEREND CROSS, would say, Have you been vexed, Whodooed or Voodooed or lost your natural nature? LOL
I would drive at 2 and 3 am trying to get to another city and be laughing the whole way at the crazy preachers! Maybe that is why I am so crazy! LOL

There was also The SILVER HAIRED PROPHET. Pastor Epley can probably tell us who they were. It was all entertainment to me - listening to Crazy Radio Preachers and watching Wrestling was about the same! LOL
Old 01-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I remember him too he would say, I have the one way, two way and THREE WAY BLESSIN' PLAN! He had the BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL! LOL
One "Prophet...I think it was REVEREND CROSS, would say, Have you been vexed, Whodooed or Voodooed or lost your natural nature? LOL
I would drive at 2 and 3 am trying to get to another city and be laughing the whole way at the crazy preachers! Maybe that is why I am so crazy! LOL

There was also The SILVER HAIRED PROPHET. Pastor Epley can probably tell us who they were. It was all entertainment to me - listening to Crazy Radio Preachers and watching Wrestling was about the same! LOL
I wouldn't want to be in their shoes when they stand before GOD. He will probably say, DEPART ME YOU WORKERS OF INIQUITY, I NEVER KNEW YOU. I look at some today and they just have the same method but use scriptures (twist them) to their own advantage.
When I see a conference advertised I look at the line-up of speakers and I know what it is all about. There will be the "Money-grubbers" and they always seem to have a "word" from the Lord for a specific amount.

THANKS AGAIN ATLANTA B. I ALWAYS ENJOY YOUR IMPUT. I ONLY SIGN IN WHEN I WANT TO COMMENT AND VERY SELDOM DO THAT as a lot of people want to "pick" you apart and take what you said the wrong way -also on another forum I am on too.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Urban Pastor

I am not in agreement with this tread being moved. Why do you Administrators feel you need to do things like this? I know we are not supposed to QUESTION the Administrators but I want to know WHY you felt the need to move it? Could you please just move it back? Thank you!