Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

Question Christ Church - Nashville

We went last night to hear Guy Penrod in concert. He mentioned several times that his church is Christ Church in Nashville. Something about that name seemed familiar to me and I thought maybe it was from hearing it mentioned here on AFF. So I decided, just out of curiosity to ask - do any of you go to this church?? It makes me no difference - I don't really know the first thing about this church anyway but it'd put my mind at ease if I could confirm that this place is where I've heard about this church in the past.

So??????
Old 09-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

Re: Christ Church - Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
We went last night to hear Guy Penrod in concert. He mentioned several times that his church is Christ Church in Nashville. Something about that name seemed familiar to me and I thought maybe it was from hearing it mentioned here on AFF. So I decided, just out of curiosity to ask - do any of you go to this church?? It makes me no difference - I don't really know the first thing about this church anyway but it'd put my mind at ease if I could confirm that this place is where I've heard about this church in the past.

So??????

Christ Church of Nashville is Pastored by Dan Scott, previously pastored by L. H. Hardwick. At one time Bro. Hardwick was with the UPC and then was, and I think still is, with Global Network of Christian Ministries. Great church and yes it has been discussed here on AFF at various times. And as far as Guy Penrod, yes, Christ Church is his home church.

Been Thinkin

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 09-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Margie! Hast thou so long time been with us, but yet not known CC1 (Christ Church 1)?? CC1 no longer attends, but there are at least one or two others that do!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 09-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Margie! Hast thou so long time been with us, but yet not known CC1 (Christ Church 1)?? CC1 no longer attends, but there are at least one or two others that do!
ROFLOL! Seriously...
Old 09-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Scholar

How can folks teach their kids that Guy Penrod or anyone with long hair is our normal standard of family values?
Old 09-09-2012, 12:14 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar View Post
How can folks teach their kids that Guy Penrod or anyone with long hair is our normal standard of family values?
Bahahaha
Old 09-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post
Christ Church of Nashville is Pastored by Dan Scott, previously pastored by L. H. Hardwick. At one time Bro. Hardwick was with the UPC and then was, and I think still is, with Global Network of Christian Ministries. Great church and yes it has been discussed here on AFF at various times. And as far as Guy Penrod, yes, Christ Church is his home church.

Been Thinkin
Guy Penrod is a gospel music singer, who is mostly known for his work as the lead singer of the Gaither Vocal Band, a position he held from 1994–2008

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Guy Penrod is a gospel music singer, who is mostly known for his work as the lead singer of the Gaither Vocal Band, a position he held from 1994–2008

Yes! But also a member of Christ Church. Have all of his Gaither Videos. He's solo now.

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 09-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
William James
Old 09-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post

Been Thinkin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Thanks, guys! I feel better now - at least I know I'm not going completely nuts. LOL!!!

Been Thinkin, have you heard his latest album - the one of hymns? He did primarily hymns at this concert. It was phenomenal!!!