Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 09-05-2018, 08:00 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Anonymous article on MSN of "resistance" insid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
The Senior Executive Service, aka the Deep State™. Elected sock puppets come and go, but the SES stays from one administration to the next. They're the ones who actually manage things.

People don't really believe the politicians actually write legislation, do they? I mean, we're talking about people who think islands will capsize if additional military personnel are stationed on them...
"People"? Do you have a mouse in your pocket? It was ONE person who thought that.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:34 PM
Yeshua is God

What many people are unaware of is that, every person has his or her own peculiar way of speaking and writing. All people need to find out who the anonymous person is, is to compare texts for words and grammar with texts written by people in the Administration and voila you will soon find out who is the "Anonymous" source.
the way a person writes is like a fingerprint, not two people write in the exact same manner.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:33 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
"People"? Do you have a mouse in your pocket? It was ONE person who thought that.
He's a representative sample of Congressius stupidicus.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-06-2018, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Lot of speculation towards the VP's inner circle or the VP himself, due to the use of the word "lodestar." Pence used that word when he gave a eulogy for McCain this past weekend. He's also used the word a few times before as well.

I doubt it's Pence, but who knows.
Someone used the word "lodestar" to purposefully implicate Pence and to throw the attention away from someone else. FTR, I believe that letter is legitimate. I just find it shameful that this is happening. I don't particularly like President Trump, but he is our President. When Congress publically undermined Obama last term(s), it was bad for our country. It's happening to Trump and it is still bad for our country. Sometimes, I wonder what it will take for a sense of normalcy to return to our country.

Last edited by BuckeyeBukaroo; 09-06-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:27 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
Someone used the word "lodestar" to purposefully implicate Pence and to throw the suspension away from someone else. FTR, I believe that letter is legitimate. I just find it shameful that this is happening. I don't particularly like President Trump, but he is our President. When Congress publically undermined Obama last term(s), it was bad for our country. It's happening to Trump and it is still bad for our country. Sometimes, I wonder what it will take for a sense of normalcy to return to our country.
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.”

― Heraclitus
Old 09-06-2018, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

I don't often agree with Senator Graham, but he was speaking during the hearing yesterday and going over each SCOTUS nominee hearing and the votes from each during his years in Congress.

Can you believe Congress voted Antonin Scalia 98-0? Not a single "No" vote against who was arguably the most conservative SCOTUS Justice.

Anthony Kennedy was confirmed 97-0.

Even the liberal matriarch Ruth Bader Ginsberg was voted 96-3. Only three Republicans opposed one of the most liberal SCOTUS Justices.

Those numbers have tightened, with each side voting less about whether the person is qualified and more about the ideology of the nominee.

Senator Graham's point was that Congress should vote solely on the qualification of the nominee. He said the elected POTUS has the right and responsibility to nominate who they wish...and that means it will likely be someone with their political ideology. Elections have consequences. The Democrats lost. Trump is POTUS, so he can nominate who he wishes, regardless of who is being replaced.

The Democrats are whining that Kavanaugh is too conservative to replace the moderate Kennedy. That's not how it works.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't often agree with Senator Graham, but he was speaking during the hearing yesterday and going over each SCOTUS nominee hearing and the votes from each during his years in Congress.

Can you believe Congress voted Antonin Scalia 98-0? Not a single "No" vote against who was arguably the most conservative SCOTUS Justice.

Anthony Kennedy was confirmed 97-0.

Even the liberal matriarch Ruth Bader Ginsberg was voted 96-3. Only three Republicans opposed one of the most liberal SCOTUS Justices.

Those numbers have tightened, with each side voting less about whether the person is qualified and more about the ideology of the nominee.

Senator Graham's point was that Congress should vote solely on the qualification of the nominee. He said the elected POTUS has the right and responsibility to nominate who they wish...and that means it will likely be someone with their political ideology. Elections have consequences. The Democrats lost. Trump is POTUS, so he can nominate who he wishes, regardless of who is being replaced.

The Democrats are whining that Kavanaugh is too conservative to replace the moderate Kennedy. That's not how it works.
McConnell did what he did and I don't think it was necessarily right, but it happened. And so the "fight" from the left is to be expected.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
McConnell did what he did and I don't think it was necessarily right, but it happened. And so the "fight" from the left is to be expected.
What?
Old 09-06-2018, 02:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.”

― Heraclitus

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-06-2018, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
What?
McConnell blocked the hearings on Garland for many months before the last Democrat President's term was up. Why on earth would any one think that the Dems were going to make any thing easy with this process?