Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Registered Member

Re: LS to Teach Light Doctrine @ Landmark 2011????

Well, LS sees cloven tongues of fire and hears a rushing mighty wind. That guns stuff must've worked. I think I'll preach on M-16's this Sunday and see what happens.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Follower of Jesus

If anything, Brother Stoneking is guilty of what a lot preachers do, they bring the things the are interested in, and weave it into their preaching. He likes Israel and Guns. There you go.

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Keith View Post
If anything, Brother Stoneking is guilty of what a lot preachers do, they bring the things the are interested in, and weave it into their preaching. He likes Israel and Guns. There you go.
I like the Giants and my wife, so when I preach they get thrown into the mix.

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaffyDuck View Post
Well, LS sees cloven tongues of fire and hears a rushing mighty wind. That guns stuff must've worked. I think I'll preach on M-16's this Sunday and see what happens.
That's how Peter did it in Acts 2 ....
Old 01-28-2011, 11:15 PM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaffyDuck View Post
I will bring the Glock over.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:15 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Or current events..what timing. What does Israel and being armed to the teeth with physical weapons have to do with the church? Tell me how to get spiritually armed and win the lost

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I will bring the Glock over.

Woooey....I just felt the power of God when I read that.
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

13Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.

14For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

15What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

16Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?

17For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified.

18I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:

19Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

22Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

23If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

24But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:

25And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

26How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

27If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.

28But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

Last edited by DAII; 01-28-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Or current events..what timing. What does Israel and being armed to the teeth with physical weapons have to do with the church? Tell me how to get spiritually armed and win the lost
I am not agreeing with it, just stating a observation.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I actually agree with a lot of specific pro-gun comments, but have no idea what the theme of the message was about or what were to come away with.