Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 09-15-2007, 01:19 PM
crazyhomie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonskinner View Post
I get it...standards=persecution.

Gotcha.

I suspected that might be it.
Western society as a whole seems demean women. It's difficult for women to break into the "Good O'le Boys" club, including corporate America. Less pay for women. Leadership roles in and out of the church, etc. Women are expected to stay in the kitchen making peanut brittle.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhomie View Post
Somebody was saying Eve wasn't responsible...my point was she was responsible in her sin.
Quote:
Thanks for serious dialogue. We understand biblically women play a huge part in a child's upbringing. Moses' mother. Mary the mother of Jesus, etc. With regard to Augustine, you state he returned to Christ from Godly influence of his mother. I'm not blaming women for the plight of humanity, I'm merely suggesting the oppression of women is a conspiracy from hell to destroy humanity.
Please forgive the neighborhood patrolmen .... they believe all topics of this depth must only be an attack on their view of what the Apostolic Church is .... they usually study the Church fathers to prove their views of the Godhead.

they also believe Church history re-emerged only about 100 years ago ... nor will not face that many in the Church see the one-sideness of holiness dress standards ....

Hence the aggression.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:21 PM
crazyhomie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Please forgive a neighborhood patrolmen .... they believe all topics of this depth must only be an attack on their view of what the Apostolic Church is .... they usually study the Church fathers to prove their views of the Godhead.

they also believe Church history re-emerged only about 100 years ago ... nor will not face that many in the Church see the one-sideness of holiness dress standards ....

Hence the aggression.
Gotcha. I was trying to see the big picture.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora View Post
Women cutting their hair and wearing make-up and wearing apparel pertaining to a man i.e. pantaloons, gauchos, split skirts, capris, bermuda shorts, etc., wearing jewelry are liberated. No oppression there.
Dora.......

I'm repeating myself here because I've said this so many times in the past. I never felt persecuted or "put down" or disrespected by the fact that I had to follow certain "standards" in regard to outward appearance.

Standards were never an issue for me. And in the churches I grew up in and that we pastored women were free to make individual choice regarding standards without the persecution or disrespect being talked about here on this thread.

Sure, they couldn't take part in some part of church leadership but if they were living a Godly life, they were considered part of the church and were respected for that.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 09-15-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Western society as a whole seems demean women. It's difficult for women to break into the "Good O'le Boys" club, including corporate America. Less pay for women. Leadership roles in and out of the church, etc. Women are expected to stay in the kitchen making peanut brittle.
I've never made peanut brittle.

Old 09-15-2007, 01:26 PM

Newman.........

Have you seen this persecution of women and disrespect in the church you've attended under your church leadership?

Old 09-15-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
Yes, but that was a brand new thing not ever heard before (in my area at least) and it came from one individual. I've never seen this persecution or put down of women in my experience or in the churches I've been in or pastored over the years.

Sure but I also know many who are!

I have said many times that I prefer male leadership and I do. And???

Doesn't apply for me personally.
C'mon Felicity ... we know some of the stories first-hand and second-hand ... like the pastor who can affirm that none of his women wear thong underwear.

How does he know? How does he approach teaching this? Does he do so on a Sunday night or mid-week?
Old 09-15-2007, 01:39 PM
crazyhomie

Quote:
C'mon Felicity ... we know some of the stories first-hand and second-hand ... like the pastor who can affirm that none of his women wear thong underwear.

How does he know? How does he approach teaching this? Does he do so on a Sunday night or mid-week?
If that's true, thats pretty sick.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:

But Daniel ........

Surely this is the exception and not the rule?

Old 09-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Non-Resident Redneck

Quote:

To cite a few wacky examples of crazies and try to broad brush an entire movement is ridiculous.