Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #171  
Old 08-05-2019, 02:03 PM
Tithesmeister Tithesmeister is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,124
Re: Tongues- A sign or THE sign Of Spirit Infillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by navygoat1998 View Post
Hey Rev this is Apostolic Friends Forum, so some of us are the friends and other are the Apostolic's. It is not a bad place. I don't post much. Don't take off the place needs some fresh blood.
This is seriously funny. The navy goat is in rare form.
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 08-05-2019, 02:12 PM
Tithesmeister Tithesmeister is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,124
Re: Tongues- A sign or THE sign Of Spirit Infillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Ike View Post
No I am not Chris, but being on the forum less than a few weeks and I have been already insulted and the finding fact that "Aqulias" is accused of being too "liberal" make me question why the Forum is even open.

I am leaving the forum and will remove my name from being a participant. Enjoy!
Please don’t leave. We need more friends. EB is on a mission to singlehandedly drive the membership to zero, it seems. I’ve tried to get people to join and they read his posts and say no thanks. He is the reason (in my opinion) that aff has been downsized.

But he’s not all bad. He’s not even as bad as he pretends to be. I think there’s hope for him. I believe in prayer.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 08-05-2019, 02:13 PM
BCsenior BCsenior is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 115
Re: Tongues- A sign or THE sign Of Spirit Infillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGlen View Post
... in the book of Acts, tongues are at least A sign, but are they ALWAYS THE sign, THE “proof”, THE evidence one is being Spirit filled?
It depends what YOU mean by "Spirit-filled".
To me, this means baptized with the Holy Spirit ...
the evidence being: speaking at least a few words in tongues.

But, this has nothing to do with a person initially being saved,
i.e. receiving the Holy Spirit INSIDE.
Some people think this experience is being born-again.

However, salvation is a process, not to be determined really until death.
Because believers can fall away, be estranged from Christ,
fall from grace, draw back to perdition, etc.

There are many NT verses about the necessity of
ENDURING in the faith until death to be saved.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 08-05-2019, 08:20 PM
TGBTG TGBTG is offline
Jesus is the only Lord God


 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,518
Re: Tongues- A sign or THE sign Of Spirit Infillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Please don’t leave. We need more friends. EB is on a mission to singlehandedly drive the membership to zero, it seems. I’ve tried to get people to join and they read his posts and say no thanks. He is the reason (in my opinion) that aff has been downsized.

But he’s not all bad. He’s not even as bad as he pretends to be. I think there’s hope for him. I believe in prayer.
__________________
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 08-06-2019, 04:17 AM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 24,064
Re: Tongues- A sign or THE sign Of Spirit Infillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Please don’t leave. We need more friends. EB is on a mission to singlehandedly drive the membership to zero, it seems. I’ve tried to get people to join and they read his posts and say no thanks. He is the reason (in my opinion) that aff has been downsized.

But he’s not all bad. He’s not even as bad as he pretends to be. I think there’s hope for him. I believe in prayer.
Funny, it's posts like this from posters like this that convinced me to downsize my own involvement on the forum.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 08-06-2019, 07:28 AM
JamesGlen JamesGlen is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 316
Re: Tongues- A sign or THE sign Of Spirit Infillin

Cant get along w one another, but “we’ve got the truth”, and everyone besides onesness Pentecostals doesn’t have the truth, and are not saved or born again....

Possible I suppose.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 08-06-2019, 08:26 AM
coksiw coksiw is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,092
Re: Tongues- A sign or THE sign Of Spirit Infillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGlen View Post
Cant get along w one another, but “we’ve got the truth”, and everyone besides onesness Pentecostals doesn’t have the truth, and are not saved or born again....

Possible I suppose.
Brother, I don’t think your conclusion is appropriate.
For example, the Corinthians had more problems than this and yet they had the real gospel.
Some people here may get tire of dealing with one another. But you are attacking a whole group with your comment.
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 08-06-2019, 08:53 AM
JamesGlen JamesGlen is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 316
Re: Tongues- A sign or THE sign Of Spirit Infillin

Somehow I knew that would be “our” excuse/response



But they want what we got? ...Speaking in tongues?

Possible I suppose

Last edited by JamesGlen; 08-06-2019 at 09:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 08-06-2019, 09:32 AM
JamesGlen JamesGlen is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 316
Re: Tongues- A sign or THE sign Of Spirit Infillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Do you continue to speak with other tongues?



Since there is no Scripture where the wind and cloven tongue like fire are ever mentioned again, how in the world can you with any integrity state I have no Scripture to verify that they are one time events? That is plain daffy.

And as far as century-old, unconfirmed anecdotes from some little corner of Pentecost, they have absolutely no bearing on establishing the faith and practice of Christian doctrine. Apply some critical thinking skill here. Do you honestly believe whatever report comes your way just because it arrived on your doorstep?



You don't know your history. Roe v. Wade didn't suddenly make abortions in the USA legal. It made them a constitutional right, overturning any individual state-level bans or restrictions. Additionally, prior to Roe v. Wade no woman was arrested, tried, and then convicted or murder whether had a legal or illegal abortion.



You pretty much used every definition of precedent available to you from the dictionary to suit your needs at the time.



See above. Here you are using the word precedent to simply means something that "PRECEDED". Merely happening before or prior to does not automatically a precedent make. Again, random definition grabs to suit your needs.



You CANNOT be serious. Pre-Pentecost, pre-New Covenant, pre-the Spirit was not yet given according to John 7:39 examples are the best you've got?



Biblical silence on when people were added to the church without mentioning speaking with other tongues doesn't bolster your case in any way. It's simply a neutral, so why try to use it to make a case, unless you are trying to infer something that isn't there, from the silence?



Jesus talked about the brazen serpent, comparing Himself to it, right after he told Nicodemus he must be born from by the Spirit with an accompanying phone.




But it does say speaking with other tongues is the evidence. This is that, right? What did Simon Peter say regarding the Holy Spirit and what the on-lookers could see and hear in Acts 2:33?

Paul in Romans 8:16 wrote that the Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit. This "bears witness" remark means to testify according to evidence:





Part of the agape Christians are to have active in their life is the agapen of the truth.

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/2_t...nians/2-10.htm

I received the Holy Ghost and spoke in tongues. Prior to truly receiving the Holy Ghost, I also was coached into believing that I had received the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues when it never happened. The same thing happened to my daughter and others that I know. It probably has happened more than people would believe.

Self-refuting. You just wrote you knew you didn't receive the Holy Spirit because you had been coached into thinking you spoke with other tongues when you knew "it never happened".



Who cares what well-intentioned altar workers do or don't do? Heteropraxy does not negate orthodoxy. As for the rest, you are only preaching to yourself to cover for your failings. Leave the "we" language out of this. If you are not actively doing anything to rectify these alleged problems you claim are happening in Pentecost and are allowing people to continue to fall victim to them, up to and including your own daughter, you are just as guilty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGlen View Post
Respectfully, regarding the bolded, would you please post that scripture you are speaking of.


The scripture please.
I’m not fond where it says it is THE evidence.
I understand how we come up with tongues as AN evidence, I am looking for where it says it is THE evidence, as you posted.

Last edited by JamesGlen; 08-06-2019 at 10:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 08-06-2019, 10:44 AM
diakonos's Avatar
diakonos diakonos is offline
New User


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Posts: 2,346
Re: Tongues- A sign or THE sign Of Spirit Infillin

Benincasa is the reason everyone has run off? Assuming it’s libs we’re speaking of.

Who do we blame for running off all the conservatives?
__________________
“Don’t blame me, I voted for Kodos.”
-Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is It A Good Sign, Bad Sign, Not A Sign? Jermyn Davidson Fellowship Hall 16 06-19-2017 04:27 PM
Evidence of Spirit Infilling? Hoovie Fellowship Hall 52 06-04-2009 07:43 AM
Infilling of Holy Spirit in OT? StillStanding Fellowship Hall 40 04-28-2009 02:36 PM
From the Infilling to the Power of the Spirit Sam Fellowship Hall 6 03-24-2009 04:29 PM
What Did You Sign Up For? Rico Fellowship Hall 15 06-26-2007 07:08 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Amanah

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.