Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 01-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Walkbyfaith7

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOPER View Post
Then do something man. Get into some kind of office, run for mayor.

But complaining about history is not going to make history.
Maybe you are right Cooper. Sorry for the venting bro. Maybe you should be a counselor, lol. Maybe I should run for office, haha. I would go for the conservative vote and talk about being a good Christian.

I feel hurt because the goverment covers up everything like what they did to the Indians. Then they preach evolution like it's the truth. It is all about what they want us to learn and I don't like it brother.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Hello AFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkbyfaith7 View Post
Maybe you are right Cooper. Sorry for the venting bro. Maybe you should be a counselor, lol. Maybe I should run for office, haha. I would go for the conservative vote and talk about being a good Christian.

I feel hurt because the goverment covers up everything like what they did to the Indians. Then they preach evolution like it's the truth. It is all about what they want us to learn and I don't like it brother.
I am hearing you.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:51 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkbyfaith7 View Post
And American is still corrupt! I know people in special forces and in elite military ranks who do things for this country that you would be ashamed to even hear spoken!

But, hey....GOD BLESS AMERICA.
somehow I get a odd feeling about this comment.

you know these people, and these people they talk to you and tell you these things?

my friend, in general these people are the most tight lipped people in the country... yet they are telling you these stories?

interesting.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

you know these people, and these people they talk to you and tell you these things?

my friend, in general these people are the most tight lipped people in the country... yet they are telling you these stories?

interesting.
very true ferd, i actually do know several of these guys and they dont and wont talk about it, dt
Old 01-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Walkbyfaith7

Quote:

interesting.
Well one of them was in South America/Central America dealing drugs with the bad guys down there and yes, this was approved by higher ups and yes they took the profits and killed those who wouldn't comply. He was afraid for his life because of some of the things he did- and eventually left and lived to tell the story. Many of the people he worked with died in the name of drugs and money.

The CIA. Do you know anything about what they do? Of course not.
You are just a pawn in their world really and so I am. You think you can talk on your cell phone and not be heard by the CIA, lol. Of course they would only monitor you if they had reason to- they don't like to waist their time. They have cameras that can see a dime on the floor anywhere on the earth. My friend in the military was in intelligence and he monitored foreign targets including people by satelitte.

I know a former U-2 plane pilot. Have you ever met one? Only a few in the world. I can't tell you his name of course but he is all over history books and a lot of the stuff that happened of course never gets to be public knowledge.

Why do you think they are so secretive? Do you think it's because they are doing things that are moral and right?

Basically this is the moral code: Do whatever it takes to win and that includes the USA.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Chris, those who are involved in the leadership of the terrorists want to expand the "caliphate".
Ah...you're right...but they don't even agree among themselves as to the political nature of said Caliphate. They are a fractured front. If they did all gain power in various nations there would be so much sectarian infighting it'd be worse than Iraq. C'mon man, you should know more about this region dude.

Quote:
one of the things we can do is reach out to moderate muslims, and help establish viable democracies like we are doing in Iraq.
I agree, well, with my own slant to it. lol I agree that you're right, we need to reach out to moderate Muslims. But, as long as there are Moderate Muslims there will be the Koran and as long as there is a Koran there will be Fundamentalists. In a very real way "moderate Muslims" are like little time bombs or seeds, all it will take is a couple experiences and fundamentalism will bloom. Jihad is endemic to their faith, the moderates reign it in...but the beast will always break free.

As for establishing "democracies", I don't agree. There are several reasons why I disagree. First the culture doesn't hold democracy in high regard. In all honesty they need a strong dictatorial regime (preferably a dictator of our choosing), a royal family, a religious federation, or an Islamic theocracy (highly undesired). The region is very volatile. Let's say we establish a democracy. Well, in a democracy there will always be a minority party, an opposition party so to speak. These will be the Islamic hardliners. They will always have die hard support from the right-wing Islamists in their society. Let's say Israel "accidentally" bombs something or attacks a perceived threat. Guess what, the region goes up in protest and social unrest. The opposition party blames the "Americanized democracy" for not having the will to respond to the "Zionist Satan". A few political gaffs take place in which the moderate democracy advocates civility and it's perceived as being Pro-American or Pro-Israel. Then there will be backlash in the Mosques. Imams will preach against the moderate democracy we established. Within a very short period of time a social shift takes place and the angered or confused population begins calling for elections, they want to elect the hard liners who will "do something" about "Western aggression." Soon elections take place and hardliners sweep the government. Moderate democrats are sidelined or worse...assassinated. Then we have an Anti-American fundamentalist Islamic regime in power that we didn't hand pick. "Democracy" is a bad idea with this people. It would be unstable and short lived resulting in the very thing we're trying to prevent.

We'd do much better to support or secretly support a strong centralized dictator that will be determined to maintain his own power for at least a generation. The man has to be ruthless enough to put down any opposition to his party's authority, especially any hard line religious fundamentalists. Sadly, he'll have to be a tyrant...but he'll be "our tyrant". Only danger here is that he might turn on us like our last bad guy. That's why we leave enough carrot to keep him on our payroll...or we assassinate him and use some greedy little man who was appointed in his shadow to take over if he gets too big for his britches.

If possible a political federation of religious authorities might work out...but the sectarian differences make this near impossible. Also, if we unite them for peace...they are united...all it would take is something to get them upset with us and viola...a united Anti-American coalition. Bad idear really.

Allowing an Islamic theocracy is absolutely out of the question. That would be like helping them accomplish their overall goal.

I vote...appointed (or rather permitted) dictatorship. That will mean we have a man in power that we've allowed to reign, the man has incentive to resist fundamentalist opposition (for his own survival) and we keep them divided among themselves. Yes...he'd be a little dictator but again...he'd be our dictator. If you're going to invade a nation that has little reverence for democracy you have to have the guts to do what it will take to keep the unruly in check after you leave.

If you look, most poorer, socio-economically unstable nations slip right back into tyranny after being liberated. Don't waste the lives and the money...give them a tyrant we can deal with who will kill all comers (namely the Jihadists) to maintain his power. That will at least keep them fighting themselves for at least a generation. After seeing what happened in Lebanon I don't trust democracy in the region at all. It would be really ironic and all to plausible...we invade Iraq as part of the War on Terror and install democracy. Shortly after we leave some unrest breaks out and a Pro-Taliban party gets legally voted into the power. Not good bro...not good. Democracy works with Westerners, you know, us Christians. I firmly don't see it working over there. Of course an "Iraqi democracy" is Bush's goal...this is one point where I think President Bush, bless his heart, is on crack.

Quote:
yea, I know a lot of people hate that idea and Ron Paul says it is unconstitutional, but i think that is the best way for us to help reign in terror.
Democracy? In my opinion you're not really grasping what you're doing with democracy. Do you want "democracy" in the hands of an Islamic people who can be swayed by Islamic fundamentalist religious leaders? Ummmm....hello?
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 01-08-2008, 08:13 PM
*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherHall View Post
Ever, "frag", a man John? This isn't Hollywood.
You ever been at 700 feet with a Soviet alpha class attack boat pinging active sonar on you as a way of letting you know he could ram a torpedo up your tail and there is nothing you can do about it? I have.

Bad guy active sonar has a very distinct sound. They call it "Blocks of wood" Shring Tok. Shring tok. Shring tok. And you can hear it through the pressure hull. Loud. and. clear.

I rode around on a nuclear submarine during the cold war. I trained to frag entire cities "Bro". I also trained to go up against the IRA flavor terrorist as we refitted aweful close to ireland and a boatload of nukes made for a tempting target.

And this isn't France either, no matter how much you want it to be. Sorry Bro, I hate your politics on every level, from your police state desire to your entitlement mentality and I wish you and everyone like you would just move to europe where you can be happy and leave us Americans alone.

I swore oath to defend this nation against all enemies, foriegn and domestic. Domestic includes the purveyors of communism. That would be you.

There just never is a Senator McCarthy around when you need one.

AFF Admin, you ban me for this I am fine, no harm, no foul.

My Countdown Counting down to: End of the World
It's all over, fat lady done sang...
Old 01-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

interesting.
After all the history about "black ops", illegal operations, and torture...you're going to challenge this? Bro. Just admit it...sometimes we break eggs if we feel the cake absolutely has to be baked our way. That's just the nature of worldly government. That's why I want to puke when people's eyes get glazed over and they start talking about a righteous and godly nation. Give me a break man. Let's be honest Christians here, Christians are allowed to be honest right? Our government has done, is doing, and will do some very terrible things to protect it's interests. And anyone who denies that has lost all touch with reality.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 01-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Atkinson View Post
I rode around on a nuclear submarine during the cold war. I trained to frag entire cities "Bro".
Did I accidently say I was from Dayton Ohio? Ummm...ehhh...I meant Daytona...yeah...Daytona.

Quote:
I also trained to go up against the IRA flavor teerorist as we refitted awful close to ireland and a boatload of nukes made for a tempting target.
Again, the IRA was a nationalist terrorist organization. Very different from Islamic fundamentalism.

Quote:
And this isn't France either, no matter how much you want it to be. Sorry Bro, I hate your politics and wish you and everyone like you would just move to europe and leave us Americans alone.
Bro...you can hate whatever you like all you like. But it doesn't change reality. But while you're hating my politics and wishin' I would move and all that...let me say that I like you. You're a neat guy. On top of that while I don't agree with all of your political views, I agree with many of them. I'm not a such a mental midget that I would dislike you over your politics. And in all honesty, I don't think you should move just because of your politics, you're my brother. I'm of the opinion that people like you and me balance this country out and it needs us both. The last thing I think America needs is all the conservatives to move to some absolutely free market, anarcho-capitalist bana republic, because then America would lean to the extreme left. The moderates like me try to keep the ultra- right wing-nuts and ultra-left wing-nuts in the center and thinking. Because in politics people get "religious". People start to think that "everything" that is "conservative" is right and "everything" that is "liberal" is wrong.... or that "everything" that is "liberal" is right and "everything" that is "conservative" is wrong. Each side begins to think that their political agenda is "inspired by God" and infallible. There was a news story a while back about a pastor who actually cast Democratic voters out of his church. Hey, I'll be the first to tell you that many liberal ideas are wacko. But I'm also gonna tell you that many conservative ideas are wacko. I'm a free thinker and arrive at my own opinions. Some just choose to agree with the entire conservative or liberal slate. I don't know why, I suspect that it's because they really haven't considered coming to their own conclusions. On some things I agree with the libs...on others I agree with the cons. The Conservatives tell me things like,

Quote:
Sorry Bro, I hate your politics and wish you and everyone like you would just move
...and the liberals typically say worse things about me. LOL Oh well...that's cool. I see it as the high cost of honesty. Both sides will hate your guts when you crush their sacred cows and get real with them. But you know what...that's what Jesus did too. You had the Liberal Sadducees and the conservative Pharisees in a power struggle over ancient Judea. Jesus wouldn't take sides but rebuked them both rather strongly. You'll notice that the Sadducees and the Pharisees had a very divisive history...but one thing united them...the desire to silence this truth telling man named Jesus. I'm no Jesus but I wanna be like him. I want to be honest. If a conservative is being goofy about a subject...I'm gonna speak up. If a liberal is being goofy about a subject...I'm gonna speak up. If I agree with them...I'll agree or just listen.

Oh well. With all that said I regret to inform you that me and my family have no desire to move at this present time.

Love ya bro. Your's truly, Bro. Chris.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:12 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherHall View Post
After all the history about "black ops", illegal operations, and torture...you're going to challenge this? Bro. Just admit it...sometimes we break eggs if we feel the cake absolutely has to be baked our way. That's just the nature of worldly government. That's why I want to puke when people's eyes get glazed over and they start talking about a righteous and godly nation. Give me a break man. Let's be honest Christians here, Christians are allowed to be honest right? Our government has done, is doing, and will do some very terrible things to protect it's interests. And anyone who denies that has lost all touch with reality.
I didnt challenge the concept Chris. Knowing a few things about the military...having served... I know what the standard line is.

guys involved in black ops, dont talk. that was all I said.

if you can type Mena Arkansas in a brouser or have any recolection of Iran Contra, you can come up with all kinds of stories about what the CIA may or may not have done.

This I know for sure, what I know about that kind of thing, would never be admitted to...especially on an internet site.