Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

Re: Hard Hitting Praise Tonight Misty Edwards

OK, Been thinking about these Misty Edwards YouTube clips. I admit that I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I THINK, I have a pretty good over all view of the Bible, but I can't relate what I heard with scripture, so could someone tell me what "the rhythm of heaven" is and point me to the verse? Thanks.

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abiding Now View Post
OK, Been thinking about these Misty Edwards YouTube clips. I admit that I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I THINK, I have a pretty good over all view of the Bible, but I can't relate what I heard with scripture, so could someone tell me what "the rhythm of heaven" is and point me to the verse? Thanks.
What, you haven't heard the rhythm, the rhythm of heaven?

You should sit in a comfortable position, back straight, palms up as though to receive something. Then give the welcome prayer. Whatever dark thing is troubling you....welcome it. For example: if you have anger issues, chant, er, say "welcome anger" over and over. Breathe steadily in and out while you welcome anger until the energy centers of your being zap the anger out of you!

Then, contemplatively center yourself by repeating a sacred word over and over. Examples: "Love" "Peace" "Happy Happy Joy Joy." Continue to breathe in and out whilst you repeat the sacred word.

And voila!! After some time has passed, you should be able to hear the rhythm, the rhythm of heaven.

PS: it may help to have trance, techno music playing in the background
Old 01-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
I admit to being bemused by the whole "prophetic" singing thing.
"Prophetic" singing is a bunch of malarkey. It's really spontaneous singing, not prophetic. I have yet to see any fulfillment of most of these so-called "prophetic songs."

Last edited by n david; 01-07-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abiding Now View Post
According to the song lyrics, which are hard to retain without any sort of good "hook", it has something to do with a dream of God running to the rhythm of the song Misty was singing with fire in His eyes, which in turn...is the rhythm of heaven?

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 01-08-2014, 08:16 AM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
According to the song lyrics, which are hard to retain without any sort of good "hook", it has something to do with a dream of God running to the rhythm of the song Misty was singing with fire in His eyes, which in turn...is the rhythm of heaven?
Really? Well I'm happy someone could define it.

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.