Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station
Facebook

Notices

The Information Station A help forum with answers to frequently asked questions - includes our Forum Rules and updates or announcements from the Admin Team.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:36 PM
Registered Member

technology

i would like to know what your opinion is on which is worse television. ipods, internet, iphone. Where is it heading? and where do you draw the line? and how does it affects one christians walk?
Old 12-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Mr. Stewart

Re: technology

I once had a very wise instructor at CLC tell us to learn to teach the specific Biblical principles that apply to all mediums and not against the specific technology. I think that that is the safest and purest way to approach any of this.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 12-30-2008, 08:45 AM
Renewed

This is an easy one. You do what you can control, when or if it controls you then you need to do without.

A buddy of mine does not own a TV because he says; " I would not be a good steward of it" Yet this same friend has some of the most awesome PC games I have ever wanted to play and he plays them in total control and complete moderation.

I have 3 TV's and watch some Fox news, Discovery and what not to the tune of about an hour to an hour and a half a day. Back in January of this year I broke about 30 PC game cd's in half and threw them in the garbage because they literally consumed every minute of my time that I was not working or sleeping.

It depends on the person. My interpretation of "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me" is anything that consumes your life greater than your walk with God.

Its kinda like the addage "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" None of the above is sin, how the person uses it can be sinful.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 01-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Registered Member

We have DirecTV and a couple of big screen sets hooked up. Guess what. We watch a couple of hours a week -total.

Yet, I own almost NO computer games. I play the occasional quickie game online (that can be played start to finish in 10-15 minutes -Desktop Tower Defense being a personal favorite) but nothing that would require 10-50 hours of undivided attention. I am not even tempted to try any online role-playing style games -even if they were free.

By the way, this is how we control our DirecTV. (A gift to both of us from me this Christmas.)
The Logitech Harmony One universal remote.