Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Registered Member

Technology in the church

I've been around. Traveled with a bible college singing group all over the country....seen a lot of churches. Some big, some small. One of the things that I was always interested in when visiting the many churches was the many forms of modern technology that the particular church had.

Lets face it, some churches are farther along than others. I'm talking about stage lighting, LED back lighting, sound, visual, etc. Some churches seem to have it all down pat, and others just don't have any of it.

I know this is a heck of a random thought, but what are your thoughts of using lighting (colors....not just white wash) in the church? What are your thoughts on spending thousands of dollars on sound and other equipment? Do you think lighting is a distraction?
Old 05-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Registered Member

Re: Technology in the church

Personally, I love fancy lighting. I'm in the middle of putting an awe-inspiring LED lighting system in our backyard landscaping, however.....
I have a real problem when big bucks are spent by the church to install such a system. Now I may feel differently if an individual makes a specific donation to pay for it but as far as taking it out of the general funds it just doesn't seem worth it from an eternal perspective.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Don't ask.

Re: Technology in the church

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedpraise10 View Post
I've been around. Traveled with a bible college singing group all over the country....seen a lot of churches. Some big, some small. One of the things that I was always interested in when visiting the many churches was the many forms of modern technology that the particular church had.

Lets face it, some churches are farther along than others. I'm talking about stage lighting, LED back lighting, sound, visual, etc. Some churches seem to have it all down pat, and others just don't have any of it.

I know this is a heck of a random thought, but what are your thoughts of using lighting (colors....not just white wash) in the church? What are your thoughts on spending thousands of dollars on sound and other equipment? Do you think lighting is a distraction?
I bet some preachers wish they had this technology!

Come to think of it, some preachers think they don't need it!
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?