Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Welcome Mat
Facebook

Notices

The Welcome Mat Welcoming New Members! Are you new to AFF? Here's a forum where you can report in and introduce yourself!

Old 01-07-2014, 10:54 PM
Registered Member

Re: Hello I am in need of help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dordrecht View Post
Nice to see you here, Saul.
I always wanted to meet you before you became Paul.
So exciting! Man, this forum is such a great place.
You meet all kinds of people.
Hello
Old 01-07-2014, 10:59 PM
Administrator

To my brother, John,

Wouldn't the greater tragedy be that you weren't grieved every time someone rejected the Lord?

What you are feeling is normal. It should break your heart to know some/most don't want to receive the Gospel. If it doesn't break your heart, then why evangelize and declare the Good News in the first place? You must want people to be saved.

You must embrace the hardship of your calling and walk with the Lord in His depths. He was a Man of Sorrows. So, too, are some of His people.

But always remember: He that winneth souls is wise. Be therefore wise as a serpent, but harmless as a dove. Make your calling and election sure. Be harmless and blameless, a true son of God, and you will bring in your sheaves rejoicing. Be not weary with well-doing. If you don't faint, the Lord of the Harvest will give you a harvest of souls. Be patient and trust Him.

The grace of God our Savior be with you.

Aaron

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 01-07-2014, 11:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by renee819 View Post
John 1, are your parents saved? Have they repented, been baptized in Jesus name and received the Holy Ghost? Have you?
When I was a teen, I had a hard time understanding my parents. Most teens do. After I got older, I wished I had tried to set down and just talk to my parents,
What kind of church or group are you in with? You do need people talk to, that you can be responsible to.

Hang in there, it certainly would be hard to be a teen in todays world. You don't have the experience of an adult, and yet, you can't follow your peers, therefore you feel alone. And I am assuming that you are a teen.
My mom was hurt when she was a child, kidnapped, kicked out at a very young age(10ish), sexually assaulted, Salvador(dad according to the flesh) was abused growing up, I was sexually molested 12 years or so of my life(daily: the way I can remember), I go to Victory Outreach, I am 20 years old, I am rejected by men, not content, lamenting because I am not being a good example, rebelling. I am very grieved
Old 01-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
To my brother, John,

Wouldn't the greater tragedy be that you weren't grieved every time someone rejected the Lord?

What you are feeling is normal. It should break your heart to know some/most don't want to receive the Gospel. If it doesn't break your heart, then why evangelize and declare the Good News in the first place? You must want people to be saved.

You must embrace the hardship of your calling and walk with the Lord in His depths. He was a Man of Sorrows. So, too, are some of His people.

But always remember: He that winneth souls is wise. Be therefore wise as a serpent, but harmless as a dove. Make your calling and election sure. Be harmless and blameless, a true son of God, and you will bring in your sheaves rejoicing. Be not weary with well-doing. If you don't faint, the Lord of the Harvest will give you a harvest of souls. Be patient and trust Him.

The grace of God our Savior be with you.

Aaron
I have been having trouble seeking the Lord it's getting very hard
Old 01-07-2014, 11:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1:12-14 View Post
I have been having trouble seeking the Lord it's getting very hard
Building one's life on the rock (as opposed to the sand) is ALWAYS hard. Jesus didn't do anything half way or the easy way. Neither can we.

You must break yourself on the Rock. Chastise your soul with fasting. When you've done all, just stand. Be true to the Lord, even in the midst of your trial. Don't run from the fiery furnace of affliction. Embrace it.

The Lord sits in your life as a refining fire. His zeal will most certainly purge you. But you must not turn away.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 01-07-2014, 11:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Building one's life on the rock (as opposed to the sand) is ALWAYS hard. Jesus didn't do anything half way or the easy way. Neither can we.

You must break yourself on the Rock. Chastise your soul with fasting. When you've done all, just stand. Be true to the Lord, even in the midst of your trial. Don't run from the fiery furnace of affliction. Embrace it.

The Lord sits in your life as a refining fire. His zeal will most certainly purge you. But you must not turn away.
Our God is a consuming fire, jealousy is as cruel as the grave. How jealous He is for His people, yes you are correct
Old 01-08-2014, 07:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1:12-14 View Post
My mom was hurt when she was a child, kidnapped, kicked out at a very young age(10ish), sexually assaulted, Salvador(dad according to the flesh) was abused growing up, I was sexually molested 12 years or so of my life(daily: the way I can remember), I go to Victory Outreach, I am 20 years old, I am rejected by men, not content, lamenting because I am not being a good example, rebelling. I am very grieved
John1, I'm not familiar with Victory Outreach. Is it a Pentecostal church?

If your mom and dad are not saved, you still as long as you are at home need to obey them concerning chores and anything that doesn't violate the truth. And you need to spend much time being a loving son, and praying for your mom and dad.

You say that you are rebelling. Do you know what you are rebelling against?
I know another young man, that is rebelling and he sometimes talks to me. When I asked him what he was rebelling against, he really couldn't give me an answer, except he kept blaming everything on his mother, because she had to work, and didn't have time for him. Even now that he was 28 yrs old. he still felt the lose.

When I pointed out that she had to work, to keep a roof over his head, he knew that, yet felt the same rebellion, and anger. I suggested that he set down and write out all of his frustrations and anger. He said that he would, that was months ago, but I haven't heard from him since.

I suggest that you do the same, write a letter to God, tell Him all of your problems. And at the end, make it into a prayer.
Not only will it help you to focus on the problem but may help you to see what you need to do. There comes a time in our lives that we can not blame our problems on other people. But have to start taking responsibility for our life. But only Jesus can help you know what that is, and where to start.

Evidently you have repented. Have you been baptized in His name? And have you received the Holy Ghost, speaking in other tongues. It is the Holy Ghost that spreads the love of God in our hearts for other people.

If you haven't done these things, this is where to start.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by renee819 View Post
John1, I'm not familiar with Victory Outreach. Is it a Pentecostal church?

If your mom and dad are not saved, you still as long as you are at home need to obey them concerning chores and anything that doesn't violate the truth. And you need to spend much time being a loving son, and praying for your mom and dad.

You say that you are rebelling. Do you know what you are rebelling against?
I know another young man, that is rebelling and he sometimes talks to me. When I asked him what he was rebelling against, he really couldn't give me an answer, except he kept blaming everything on his mother, because she had to work, and didn't have time for him. Even now that he was 28 yrs old. he still felt the lose.

When I pointed out that she had to work, to keep a roof over his head, he knew that, yet felt the same rebellion, and anger. I suggested that he set down and write out all of his frustrations and anger. He said that he would, that was months ago, but I haven't heard from him since.

I suggest that you do the same, write a letter to God, tell Him all of your problems. And at the end, make it into a prayer.
Not only will it help you to focus on the problem but may help you to see what you need to do. There comes a time in our lives that we can not blame our problems on other people. But have to start taking responsibility for our life. But only Jesus can help you know what that is, and where to start.

Evidently you have repented. Have you been baptized in His name? And have you received the Holy Ghost, speaking in other tongues. It is the Holy Ghost that spreads the love of God in our hearts for other people.

If you haven't done these things, this is where to start.
Rebelling against Christ, I've been complaining and not forgiving wholeheartedly, been baptized, I can speak in tounges, I've been judging harshly, hypocrisy, I fear that the Lord will condemn me for my transgressions
Old 01-08-2014, 05:18 PM
On the road less traveled

John1, it sounds like you need more help and encouragement than what you are going to find on an internet forum. From what you have said so far, you have very serious issues from childhood that are clouding your heart still. Is there a godly man in your circle of fellowship who could provide some level of support for you?
Old 01-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
John1, it sounds like you need more help and encouragement than what you are going to find on an internet forum. From what you have said so far, you have very serious issues from childhood that are clouding your heart still. Is there a godly man in your circle of fellowship who could provide some level of support for you?
No, I usually come across or the Lord sends men my way or woman to speak to me. Where is the godly man?:/ I really on Christ greatly but I have backslid. I am not serving the LORD whole heartedly.