Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Growing Up Mennonite

Growing Up Mennonite

My story this week on 90&9

http://www.ninetyandnine.com/Archive.../testimony.htm

First photo credit to AFF's Margie, second photo credit to an unknown newspaper reporter who convinced my family to pose at the Turnpike sign in 1965.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 10-29-2007, 11:06 PM
Invisible Thad

very interesting- always found their lifestyle fascinating.

so did you grow in the community that is close to Philadelphia? i can't remember the name of it right now.... I've been there a few times.

you never said how your family reacted to your conversion to Pentecost
Old 10-29-2007, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
very interesting- always found their lifestyle fascinating.

so did you grow in the community that is close to Philadelphia? i can't remember the name of it right now.... I've been there a few times.

you never said how your family reacted to your conversion to Pentecost
Lancaster County, Pa was my birthplace - yes.

It was a bit tramatic for them and I both, but our commonalities have won over our disagreements. My father and I worked together prior to his death. Today I also have a younger brother who attends a Pentecostal Church.

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 10-29-2007, 11:14 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
Lancaster County, Pa was my birthplace - yes.

It was a bit tramatic for them and I both, but our commonalities have won over our disagreements. My father and I worked together prior to his death. Today I also have a younger brother who attends a Pentecostal Church.

what does your mom think of it all ???

I was in Phila.PA last Year- they have a market downtown right across the street from my hotel that is awesome!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
what does your mom think of it all ???

I was in Phila.PA last Year- they have a market downtown right across the street from my hotel that is awesome!
I think our relationship can be termed as one of mutual respect. We are a close knit and connected family for the most part.

Funny - I went to a farmers market in NY this past summer and met some Mennonite vendors who turned out to be my relatives!

Old 10-29-2007, 11:48 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
I think our relationship can be termed as one of mutual respect. We are a close knit and connected family for the most part.

Funny - I went to a farmers market in NY this past summer and met some Mennonite vendors who turned out to be my relatives!

Now why doesn't that surprise me ???
Old 10-30-2007, 12:07 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Growing Up Mennonite

My story this week on 90&9

http://www.ninetyandnine.com/Archive.../testimony.htm

First photo credit to AFF's Margie, second photo credit to an unknown newspaper reporter who convinced my family to pose at the Turnpike sign in 1965.
How many barns did you raise?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
How many barns did you raise?
Several. I was in on some other kinds of rasings as well.... LOL!

Old 10-30-2007, 12:51 AM
Registered Member

Stephen Hoover you smuggled in a tape player?
Old 10-30-2007, 12:51 AM
Registered Member

Were you of the group that disallowed rubber tires and rubber shoe soles, and had twelve men as elders with one being like Peter who determined who was saved and who was not, and forbade belts for pants and only allowed suspenders?

I know a brother who was of THAT sort of group. Whew. Imagine!

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."