Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station
Facebook

Notices

The Information Station A help forum with answers to frequently asked questions - includes our Forum Rules and updates or announcements from the Admin Team.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #191  
Old 05-12-2019, 12:31 PM
hometown guy hometown guy is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,757
Re: I would like to speak with new tongues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog Has-fallen View Post
The true gift of tongues should be impressive to unbelievers. Understandably, there is nothing truly impressive about the ability to speak gibberish. I want to know why God never allows anyone to interpret recorded tongues.
Now itís gibberish lol. So like Iíve been saying the whole time your a fraud. You questions are not sincere. We have answered every question and you just ignore them or totally make something up. God will not be mocked but if you donít repent you WILL be judged by god. Mark it down.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 05-12-2019, 01:20 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,604
Re: I would like to speak with new tongues

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
Yah he made it up
ZOG, could you answer my questions in my post, please?

I don't understand the video or tape recording tongues has any Biblical significance. I mean, if we follow the logic of what you are saying, then the interpreted message would be specifically for those present at the time of recording. When the tape would then be played for "others" Acts 2:13, they would only hear slurring, marbled, unintelligible speech, just like the non devout men on the day of Pentecost. Who while the Parthian Judean heard psalmic tribute to God in his own tongue, another Parthian Judean standing next to his country men heard nothing but stammering lips.

Now, like I said in my post to you, why do we not see this with the Roman Centurion and the Christian Judeans with Peter? Why aren't we told about a language translation for the re-baptized disciples of John by Paul? Peter relays his account of Cornelius two times, once in Acts 11, and another in Acts 15. Yet, we are told nothing about any importance that their tongues were translated by the witnesses or needed to be translated by the witnesses.

Jesus tells the Hellenized Roman Judean Nicodemus that the spirit goes where it wants and you hear its voice, and so is all who are born of the Spirit. Meaning that you will hear the sound/voice of the Spirit in everyone who is born of the Spirit. Yet, Jesus didn't say anything about translation.

Only in the message of tongues and interpretation in the Corinthian Church are we told that the unintelligible gibberish wasn't to be used to address a congregation because NO MAN knows what you would be saying. Again, we see an unintelligible language which no man can understand. So if and only if an interpreter is present can we address a congregation. Also we are told to pray that we can interpret our own tongues. On the day of Pentecost you had devoted Judeans (there because of devotion to God) Acts 2:5 and "others" who were their for strictly religious legalistic purposes Acts 2:13. Therefore one group UNDERSTOOD, and the others mocked away. Cain sacrifice was rejected, because he just was doing what he had to do, and Abel's was accepted because he had much love in worship, he was devoted. Only those who truly sincerely want truth will find it, and those who just win religious wars will twist in circles.
__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 05-12-2019, 06:48 PM
hometown guy hometown guy is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,757
Re: I would like to speak with new tongues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
ZOG, could you answer my questions in my post, please?

I don't understand the video or tape recording tongues has any Biblical significance. I mean, if we follow the logic of what you are saying, then the interpreted message would be specifically for those present at the time of recording. When the tape would then be played for "others" Acts 2:13, they would only hear slurring, marbled, unintelligible speech, just like the non devout men on the day of Pentecost. Who while the Parthian Judean heard psalmic tribute to God in his own tongue, another Parthian Judean standing next to his country men heard nothing but stammering lips.

Now, like I said in my post to you, why do we not see this with the Roman Centurion and the Christian Judeans with Peter? Why aren't we told about a language translation for the re-baptized disciples of John by Paul? Peter relays his account of Cornelius two times, once in Acts 11, and another in Acts 15. Yet, we are told nothing about any importance that their tongues were translated by the witnesses or needed to be translated by the witnesses.

Jesus tells the Hellenized Roman Judean Nicodemus that the spirit goes where it wants and you hear its voice, and so is all who are born of the Spirit. Meaning that you will hear the sound/voice of the Spirit in everyone who is born of the Spirit. Yet, Jesus didn't say anything about translation.

Only in the message of tongues and interpretation in the Corinthian Church are we told that the unintelligible gibberish wasn't to be used to address a congregation because NO MAN knows what you would be saying. Again, we see an unintelligible language which no man can understand. So if and only if an interpreter is present can we address a congregation. Also we are told to pray that we can interpret our own tongues. On the day of Pentecost you had devoted Judeans (there because of devotion to God) Acts 2:5 and "others" who were their for strictly religious legalistic purposes Acts 2:13. Therefore one group UNDERSTOOD, and the others mocked away. Cain sacrifice was rejected, because he just was doing what he had to do, and Abel's was accepted because he had much love in worship, he was devoted. Only those who truly sincerely want truth will find it, and those who just win religious wars will twist in circles.
One of his many mistakes is he thinks that someone that interprets has a ď gift ď to understand different languages and can do it anytime.......
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 05-13-2019, 06:06 AM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,604
Re: I would like to speak with new tongues

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
One of his many mistakes is he thinks that someone that interprets has a ď gift ď to understand different languages and can do it anytime.......
Well, he just needs to answer some questions. After you go a few rounds with a guy and they're still stuck in their paradigm. Then it is time for us to sit back and allow the guy to spoon feed. He is the one who needs to answer our questions with book, chapter, and verse. I don't have the foggiest idea why John MacArthur was offered to us, because John MacArthur is absolutely against PENTECOSTALISM. 100%, therefore John Boy's material is filled with weasel words to steer the reader (whether or not they're Pentecostal) to his conclusion. But, if ZOG's purpose matches his title, of his thread, then asking him questions may be able to help us understand him. He to understand his direction to take in achieving this speaking in new tongues. If he is just a hater, and a liar (because this thread was set up to entrap instead of learning) then that will come out as well. Which the latter will be too bad, and speaking in new tongues will be the least of his problems. Sincere repentance, through snot bubbles and tears will be in order.
__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 05-13-2019, 08:46 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,604
Re: I would like to speak with new tongues

Hometown guy?

What did you do with ZOG?

You ran him off?
__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 05-15-2019, 05:29 AM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,604
Re: I would like to speak with new tongues

ZOG, was it something I said? 😫🍼
__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 05-15-2019, 11:30 AM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 20,329
Re: I would like to speak with new tongues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog Has-fallen View Post
The true gift of tongues should be impressive to unbelievers. Understandably, there is nothing truly impressive about the ability to speak gibberish. I want to know why God never allows anyone to interpret recorded tongues.
Funny, this was addressed already. You even quoted part of my post where I explained this. Yet, you pretend as if the points that were made, weren't.

Which proves you are either incapable of basic reasoning, or you are just trolling the forum.

I suspect it's a mixture of both.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 05-15-2019, 09:57 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,604
Re: I would like to speak with new tongues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Funny, this was addressed already. You even quoted part of my post where I explained this. Yet, you pretend as if the points that were made, weren't.

Which proves you are either incapable of basic reasoning, or you are just trolling the forum.

I suspect it's a mixture of both.
Here is a video from Zog's YOUTUBES Channel, and his discussion on CARM.
Might of been an Adventist at one time, and now he is a disgruntled Adventist? I don't know, whatever. Maybe he'll come back and we can hook him up with Elder LeDeay.

https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/ch...-g-white/page3

__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
  #199  
Old 05-15-2019, 09:59 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,604
Re: I would like to speak with new tongues

OK, here you go https://www.debate.org/Zog.Has-fallen/debates/won/

I guess that pretty much sums it up.
__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 05-15-2019, 10:02 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32,604
Re: I would like to speak with new tongues

http://everythingimportant.org/SDA/v...=2426&start=60

Oh, boy, Zog has issues.
__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do all speak with tongues? houston Fellowship Hall 38 02-20-2018 09:29 PM
What comes of those who do not speak tongues? NewbieMisfits Fellowship Hall 31 05-20-2013 02:39 PM
Do All Speak With Tongues? deacon blues Fellowship Hall 56 09-13-2011 09:43 AM
They Speak With Other Tongues Sam Fellowship Hall 4 03-09-2009 09:45 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by mfblume

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.