Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-22-2019, 03:15 PM
New User

Re: "Churches arm, train congregants"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Fatalism
Idk 🤷🏻..♂️
Old 08-22-2019, 04:36 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Idk 🤷🏻..♂️
Allow me, what fatalism is about is that you can't oppose your fate.
Meaning that you were born to complete a journey which was foreordained before you were even born. This is big in Eastern Religions, like Hinduism.
It is a total drag, and gives way to a caste system which you cannot get out from under.
Old 08-22-2019, 04:40 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

What's wrong with state-created entities, like 501(c)3 corporations masquerading as non profit churches practicing many of the rites of Baal, having armed security?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-22-2019, 04:48 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
What's wrong with state-created entities, like 501(c)3 corporations masquerading as non profit churches practicing many of the rites of Baal, having armed security?
That is the thing isn't it?

The armed guards, and Stasi agents dispersed among the crowd. All goes along with the triple vanilla latte at the Starbucks in the lobby. Barefoot pastor gives u a down to earth vibe, but wait, who are the guys in flak jackets? Calvary Chapel is the template for these big box churches, and they come complete with funny stand up hipster comedian barefoot theologian. With his armed attache.
Old 08-22-2019, 04:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Allow me, what fatalism is about is that you can't oppose your fate.
Meaning that you were born to complete a journey which was foreordained before you were even born. This is big in Eastern Religions, like Hinduism.
It is a total drag, and gives way to a caste system which you cannot get out from under.
Tell me, brother, if God says it's time to go what can you do to change that?

I don't believe in fatalism but I've seen too many good and Godly people die in spite of the prayers of hundreds or thousands of Holy Ghost filled Apostolic saints. Instead of doubting, I have decided that God is in control and there's nothing we can do to change His will.

Please explain where I'm wrong.
Old 08-22-2019, 05:05 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Tell me, brother, if God says it's time to go what can you do to change that?
He had in the past Isaiah 38:1-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I don't believe in fatalism but I've seen too many good and Godly people die in spite of the prayers of hundreds or thousands of Holy Ghost filled Apostolic saints. Instead of doubting, I have decided that God is in control and there's nothing we can do to change His will.

Please explain where I'm wrong.
The Bible shows how God makes a decision to wipe out a people Exodus 32:7-14, a city Genesis 18:26, Isaiah 37:35, and through prayer things are changed, The prayers of a righteous man availeth much. We can wax philosophically over this, and walk away thinking that when your ticket is pulled its pulled. Then I would say that doubt is waiting at the door of every prayer room. Prayer changes things, and I'm totally not focused on it may be his or her's time. No, we will pray to see the optimum results no matter how bleak things may be.
Old 08-22-2019, 05:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

The Bible shows how God makes a decision to wipe out a people Exodus 32:7-14, a city Genesis 18:26, Isaiah 37:35, and through prayer things are changed, The prayers of a righteous man availeth much. We can wax philosophically over this, and walk away thinking that when your ticket is pulled its pulled. Then I would say that doubt is waiting at the door of every prayer room. Prayer changes things, and I'm totally not focused on it may be his or her's time. No, we will pray to see the optimum results no matter how bleak things may be.
Sometimes we forget that God isn't some eternally static portrait, but a living thinking BEING. We are, after all, made in His image. The Bible is full of examples of people reasoning with and interceding with God, and God responding to them.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-22-2019, 05:10 PM
New User

Quote:

Whoah..! Totally changed perspective on things.
Old 08-22-2019, 05:12 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Sometimes we forget that God isn't some eternally static portrait, but a living thinking BEING. We are, after all, made in His image. The Bible is full of examples of people reasoning with and interceding with God, and God responding to them.

If he wasn't we all would be deader than fried chicken.
Old 08-22-2019, 05:19 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Whoah..! Totally changed perspective on things.
The Eastern Religions deal with fate, and it is such a bummer that once you are stuck in it you an't get out. An untouchable is stuck, and the religion just tells the guy that he has to suck it up. We are not fated, then there would be no need for a prophet to come warn you about the road sign up ahead. Prophets were the ones to give a heads up, and after we got the red flag, we needed to make a life choice. That's were knees and then face come in. Either the knees hit the floor, or our face, in snot bubbles and tears. A broken and contrite spirit He will not cast aside. He is for us all the way, it is predicated on us reaching out to Him, and acknowledging where we are at. Jesus knows where we are at, He want to us to know where we are at. Cain, where is your brother. God already knew where Abel was because his blood was crying out to Him. Yet, God wanted Cain to know where His brother was.
We need to kno, we need to pray, we need to get it done. We want to see changes? Then we need to pray for changes, and not faint.