Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-24-2019, 08:01 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: "Churches arm, train congregants"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGlen View Post
Ok Ben.

All the OP pastors appointing a security team are motivated by fear, and need to lock their church bldg doors, and stay home to hide in their bathtubs on Sundays and Wednesday’s, because they are so fearful, or motivated by fear, or whatever it was you vomited out in your foolish post(s).
So, Jimmy, on the flip side of this all pastors who don't appoint a ninja team are foolish? Like I posted previously, why not train the entire congregation in using a bo staff? It can go along with the praise dancers.

Quote:
And although I risk my life every day w my employment, yet on Sunday I’m fearful or motivated by fear(or whatever you spewed out) because I was appointed by a pastor who is quite obviously also motivated by fear(& needs to stay home and hide in his bathtub)to organize a safety team and get them trained and in place to deal with unwanted situations.
Yes, by all means, if one follows your line of reasoning (motivated by mainstream media) you should all stay home. Anyone with half a brain, could figure out that they are all sitting ducks. In a large building, with guys playing KGB, and others sitting among them with concealed weapons. That isn't church anymore, that is a bunch of people waiting for something bad to happen. We aren't talking about bad weather, like hurricanes and tornadoes. You are talking about something entirely new to the American Churchanity. When the first century Church was being persecuted they didn't have large buildings. They met in homes, so go put your kunai knives, throwing stars, and Samurai swords away, and stay home. Big Box Church looks like it has become a target according to you and all the talking heads in the media. BOO!

Quote:
Got it Ben.
No, no you don't, got it.

Because while you cry foul over my observations, you have some of your own. All those who would opt out of having the Avengers stationed during dinner on the grounds. You call them foolish, ill prepared, and probably they deserve it, if a Timothy McVeigh copycat plants C4 explosive in MeeMaw's cheesy corn bake.So, instead of accepting that you too have your own prejudice on this subject, you take offense. Nothing wrong with having fear, but there is something wrong with fear having you. See the difference?

Quote:
And not only that, our district superintendent with a security team in place, also motivated by fear(or whatever you vomited out).
Yes, fear is the motivation, just as fear is a motivation on a plethora of things that are done in our lives. Just depends on who is controlling who.

Quote:

Thank you Ben, for continuing to share your extensive knowledge, wisdom, and faith so that you can continue your road of enlightening so many Christian leaders to realize the err of their way...(by continuing to post foolishness on AFF for those 7 that are left, that try to wade through the trash you put out, to find a good post worth reading).
What's a matter Jim don't like it when someone isn't on the same page with you. They hold a different opinion and hold it strongly. James, you guys point a finger at me, and you don't see how you post back? Stay home, keep your family safe behind the locked doors of your house.

Quote:

Again, I’m looking forward to seeing you climb up on the pulpit at general conference, so you can tell everyone they’re fearful cowards, and they should lock the church bldg doors, and hide in their bathtubs, if they already have or are considering a safety team.
No, I save that all for you Jim. Because you look like you need it the most.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:07 PM
Registered Member

Ok Benn.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:13 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Ok Benn.
You're welcome
Old 08-25-2019, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
...as he exited United Pentecostal Church.

Not walking in the spirit?
Link please, don't have an idea what this means.

Old 08-25-2019, 05:56 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterrey View Post
Link please, don't have an idea what this means.
Same here, but I guess I'm use to it by now.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:37 PM
Registered Member

Here is the link where I think I got it, fellas. Much ado about nothing, especially if your the pastors children.

https://www.christianheadlines.com/b...shot-dead.html

I realize it somehow will come up short for you guys....The pastor wasn’t walking in the Spirit, or he would not have gotten shot, or whatever.

This evening after church, my pastors wife came to personally thank me, by telling me how glad she was this morning knowing we had a security team during the kids puppet show. All the lights were shut off, to do blacklight puppets.
According to you guys, we’re both faithless cowards, walking in the flesh, and scared needing to hide in each of our bathtubs under a mattress.

I keep thinking about how glad I am that there was security with our kids when 44,000 of them gathered at congress to exalt the Lord. I’m a faithless coward that only walks in the flesh in your eyes, but I’m glad we did, none the less.

Speaking of no or low light, here is today’s church shooting:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/2116253001

When’s the last time you heard of a school burning...ever... But they all have fire drills. Wonder why that is...

But I’m tired of wasting time arguing about it.
Well just agree to disagree.

Last edited by JamesGlen; 08-25-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:29 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Here is the link where I think I got it, fellas. Much ado about nothing, especially if your the pastors children.

Last time I checked we were living in the United States. Jim, have you ever been to Bogota Colombia? We just had some good baptisms there at our church in Bogota. We have house churches, no one is getting shot. But, crime in Bogota is a whole lot different then back here in the states. Frankly it is a whole lot different. While you were at it why didn't you bring Venezuela. They are eating Zebras in the Caracas zoo. You think we should post an extra guard at the monkey house at the Miami Zoo? Because it looks like instead of you finding dead Pentecostals locally, you had to go to other countries to find a kill. What's wrong Jim, does it mean more to you to win the argument? Good grief.

Quote:
I realize it somehow will come up short for you guys....The pastor wasn’t walking in the Spirit, or he would not have gotten shot, or whatever.
This is all on you pal, no one posted anything about not walking in the Spirit. I guess a rock got thrown into a pack of dogs and the one that yelps, is the one who got hit? Is that you Jim? Are you the one who put your two and two together and feel that you aren't walking in the Spirit? Not trusting God? We didn't say it, we didn't post it, but you came up with it. Also Jim, they don't know why the guy was shot. In Colombia there could be a few different reasons.

Quote:
This evening after church, my pastors wife came to personally thank me, by telling me how glad she was this morning knowing we had a security team during the kids puppet show. All the lights were shut off, to do blacklight puppets.
Wow, are you guys receiving death threats? She came up to you and thank you that you were poised with kunai knives at ready? Seriously? Jim, what on earth is going on over there? What is the name of this church and its location? Who is the pastor?

Quote:
According to you guys, we’re both faithless cowards, walking in the flesh, and scared needing to hide in each of our bathtubs under a mattress.
Right back at you Superman, and you think we who don't drill the seniors in Judo class before Sunday school are foolish. So, guess what, you made your thoughts known. But you can't take what you dish out? Looking for an echo?

Do you have the bomb squad run the K9s through the prayer room before Sunday school?

Quote:
I keep thinking about how glad I am that there was security with our kids when 44,000 of them gathered at congress to exalt the Lord. I’m a faithless coward that only walks in the flesh in your eyes, but I’m glad we did, none the less.
Well, Jim, then I guess it would be stupid to let the kids go in the first place. Because from what you are trembling about, I would have to be an idiot to let my children attend a place that is now a known target for terrorism. Doesn't take rocket science to figure out if they have Delta Force surrounding the place that they are preparing for an assault. So, when the CIA send in their Adam Lanzas, all armed with a heat seeking missiles, and shurikens, my young people won't be there. JG, come closer to the screen, read this carefully, IF THIS IS THE NEW NORMAL, THEN GOING TO BIG BOX CHURCHES AND MONSTER EVENTS ISN'T A GOOD IDEA. Got it? You are the one beating this tin drum, boy.

Quote:

When’s the last time you heard of a school burning...ever... But they all have fire drills. Wonder why that is...
I home school.

Fire drills? They had duck and cover drills when I was in school. They believed that my school desk was Atomic Bomb proof. Do they have those drills any more Jim? People stopped worrying about the bomb?

BOO!

Quote:
Jim, did you set a perimeter around the house? Laser motion detectors and automatic drones patrolling around the house? Did you drill your family an escape plan when and if a house invasion takes place? Is everyone trained in martial arts? I understand family have fire drills for the home, do you have a defense plan for all the little Glens?
Old 08-26-2019, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
This is rich. 7 AFF members left, and none have been involved in a shooting,

Active Members: 320

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 08-26-2019, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Active Members: 320

Atta boy! You tell him!
Old 08-26-2019, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Sir, the first one we see is in Bogota, the second one in South Caroline?

Lets start with the American one first. What would you having a gun help in that one? Probably innocent bystanders would have been shot!

Didn't the article say his GUN STOPPED WORKING!!!

This is a quote!

(The man fired in the air, then shot a church member before his gun appeared to stop working and he ran from the church in the Columbia suburb of Forest Acres.)

The man who was shot lived, no one else was hurt, and the man's weapon malfunctioned!!!

No member of the congregation had to go home wondering if he had done the right thing in shooting the assailant and God still gets the glory!

Now the one in Bogota.

It says that the reasons were unknown. Let's get all the facts first into why. There are lots of Pentecostal preachers of all flavors in Bogota, not just UPCI. Still, what do the preachers down there say? Bet they are just praying harder not carrying a bigger pistol!