Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-15-2008, 07:44 AM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Moved?

Mat 9:36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

When we see people who seem to be "fainting" away from the things of God, how does this affect us? When we see the Body of Christ "scattered abroad", how are we moved? When it seems to us people are not following the Shepherd, how do we feel about them? Are we moved with compassion? When people need help, are we compassionate and caring?

We see rifts in the Body of Christ that seem to be ever widening. We see God's people being scattered abroad. They seem to be sheep without a shepherd. How does that move us? Do we try to bring healing? Do we follow the example of Jesus and move among those people speaking compassion and healing? All about us, in church and out of church, are hurting people. Some hurts are of their own doing, but they hurt none the less. I wonder...how are we moved by what we see going on around us?

Mat 20:24 And when the ten heard [it], they were moved with indignation against the two brethren.

Are we moved with indignation when people don't agree with us? Are we angry with those we think are "fainting" away from the things of God? What is our reaction when we see disharmony and the breakdown of fellowship within the Body of Christ? What of those wandering sheep, who do not hear the voice of the Shepherd? What of those who seem to have lost direction and seek things they shouldn't? Are we moved with indignation against them? When we read things here that we disagree with, how do we respond? More importantly, what is the spirit behind our response? Are our words of healing? Or anger? Do we seek to gather together, or tear apart? Do we reach out in love, or do we push away those we disagree with? Do we seek accord with our brother? Or do we sow discord?

Was just wondering... what are we moved by today?

What is interesting is that the word "compassion" is used 41 times in the KJV.
Do you know how many times the word "indignation" is used (in the KJV)? 41.

It seems God is showing us that we have a choice to make. We can go either way. We can be "moved with compassion" or "indignation" toward our neighbor. God seems to be saying to me "...choose you this day whom ye will serve..." Jos 24:15

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

Re: Moved?

Good post, 1A...
Old 02-15-2008, 08:25 AM
You are called unto liberty

Re: Moved?

Good post. Most often I find myself moved with compassion, but every once in awhile I notice in myself that I have allowed indignation to move me. I often have to challenge myself when I notice it, because I'm no better than anybody else, and I would prefer that others have compassion on me rather than indignation when (not if) I've fallen.

Daniel