Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-17-2020, 07:11 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Question Financial declaration?

So, around a year ago my pastor started doing this "Financial declaration" when taking up tithes and offering. I don't want to turn this into a debate about tithes, there's enough threads on that topic, but I want to get people's opinion on the actual statement that he (or whomever is on the platform at that time) reads and has the rest of the congregation recite together. I have my own opinion on it already, so I'm just going to sit back and read what you all have to say on the matter for now.

Quote:
Upon the authority of Your Word, I have given and it shall be given to me, pressed down, shaken together and running over.
I am a tither, I bring my tithe today into your storehouse, therefore the enemy is rebuked and the curse is broken.
I live under and open heaven, You pour out upon me such a blessing that there is not enough room to receive it.
We receive jobs and better jobs, raises and bonuses, sales and commissions, benefits and settlements, estates and inheritance, interests and income, rebates and returns, checks in the mail, gifts and surprises, bills paid off, debts demolished, royalties received, my whole family saved and walking with God, perfect health and abundance to walk in divine favor and blessings.
I am blessed going in, and I am blessed going out. All that I do will prosper in Jesus name!
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Financial declaration?

And it shall be, when thou art come in unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance, and possessest it, and dwellest therein; That thou shalt take of the first of all the fruit of the earth, which thou shalt bring of thy land that the LORD thy God giveth thee, and shalt put it in a basket, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose to place his name there. And thou shalt go unto the priest that shall be in those days, and say unto him, I profess this day unto the LORD thy God, that I am come unto the country which the LORD sware unto our fathers for to give us. And the priest shall take the basket out of thine hand, and set it down before the altar of the LORD thy God. And thou shalt speak and say before the LORD thy God, A Syrian ready to perish was my father, and he went down into Egypt, and sojourned there with a few, and became there a nation, great, mighty, and populous: And the Egyptians evil entreated us, and afflicted us, and laid upon us hard bondage: And when we cried unto the LORD God of our fathers, the LORD heard our voice, and looked on our affliction, and our labour, and our oppression: And the LORD brought us forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with great terribleness, and with signs, and with wonders: And he hath brought us into this place, and hath given us this land, even a land that floweth with milk and honey. And now, behold, I have brought the firstfruits of the land, which thou, O LORD, hast given me. And thou shalt set it before the LORD thy God, and worship before the LORD thy God: And thou shalt rejoice in every good thing which the LORD thy God hath given unto thee, and unto thine house, thou, and the Levite, and the stranger that is among you.
(Deu 26:1-11)
Seems like the idea follows a basic Biblical principle. God commanded that this declaration was to be made during the giving of the firstfruits (at Pentecost, most likely, or at least whenever a firstfruits offering was given). The declaration essentially states that God is the source of all good blessings which we enjoy, and includes a reminder that without God's intervention we would have nothing.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-17-2020, 07:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Furthermore, a similar declaration was commanded here:
When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the LORD thy God for the good land which he hath given thee. Beware that thou forget not the LORD thy God, in not keeping his commandments, and his judgments, and his statutes, which I command thee this day: Lest when thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built goodly houses, and dwelt therein; And when thy herds and thy flocks multiply, and thy silver and thy gold is multiplied, and all that thou hast is multiplied; Then thine heart be lifted up, and thou forget the LORD thy God, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage; Who led thee through that great and terrible wilderness, wherein were fiery serpents, and scorpions, and drought, where there was no water; who brought thee forth water out of the rock of flint; Who fed thee in the wilderness with manna, which thy fathers knew not, that he might humble thee, and that he might prove thee, to do thee good at thy latter end; And thou say in thine heart, My power and the might of mine hand hath gotten me this wealth. But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
(Deu 8:10-18)
This is the reason why Jews and many Christians have always included "grace" AFTER meals, as well as before. The Bible is pretty clear that formally, vocally, audibly giving thanks to God for His blessings, recognising Him for all His benefits, is a right and proper thing to do.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-17-2020, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
So, around a year ago my pastor started doing this "Financial declaration" when taking up tithes and offering. I don't want to turn this into a debate about tithes, there's enough threads on that topic, but I want to get people's opinion on the actual statement that he (or whomever is on the platform at that time) reads and has the rest of the congregation recite together. I have my own opinion on it already, so I'm just going to sit back and read what you all have to say on the matter for now.
I think George Soros, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerburg, Donald Trump, et al must be giving a lot of tithes and offerings.

Or maybe your pastor wants to be like Kenneth Copeland and Joel Olsteen. Maybe?

Does your pastor have a job?
Old 09-17-2020, 07:32 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Now, having said that, I think the "declaration" you posted in the beginning is not really based on those Biblical concepts. Rather, I suspect it is based on the charismatic Word-Faith concept of claiming promises and speaking your desired reality into being while donating money to a preacher/church/ministry.

So there's that.

Old 09-17-2020, 08:29 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Does your pastor have a job?
He does have a side business teaching conceal carry courses, but otherwise I don't believe so. His wife does, though.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 09-18-2020, 04:34 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Now, having said that, I think the "declaration" you posted in the beginning is not really based on those Biblical concepts. Rather, I suspect it is based on the charismatic Word-Faith concept of claiming promises and speaking your desired reality into being while donating money to a preacher/church/ministry.

So there's that.
Current church recites it...
Old 09-18-2020, 05:14 AM
Covenant Apostolic

We don't recite that, but Pastor teaches you are hell bound if you don't pay tithes,
but you will be blessed if you do

Last edited by Amanah; 09-18-2020 at 05:53 AM. Reason: TMI
Old 09-18-2020, 07:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
We don't recite that, but Pastor teaches you are hell bound if you don't pay tithes,
but you will be blessed if you do
He's wrong.
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

I don't like the declaration. Seems just another manipulative tactic to get people to give. IMO seeing tithing has false doctrine comes into play as well.
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.