Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-03-2019, 08:38 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: The Great Tribulation: Battleground Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Wow this gets worse by the minute.
That is because you behave like you are unable to be criticized.
Maybe that why you preach over the internet from a trailer home ivory tower.
A talking head doesn't have to stand under the hot light and answer hard questions. Mike, stop being a hippy.

Last edited by Evang.Benincasa; 04-03-2019 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:41 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
So you believe the bottomless pit is Tarturus. OK. It well could be. So wheres the problem?
Because Tartarus and the bottomless pit is symbolic. But you preach over the internet to the neophyte and Fort Lauderdale housewives that it is an actual place. Which houses flying monsters, giants, and a beast.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Mike, to believe is to trust. I don't speculate that a 30 foot high scaffold is put up properly. I make sure it is, before I let others climb it. John is speaking to a Diaspora Judean world located in Asia Minor who understood their own religion, the pagan religions around them, and how the Judeans in Jerusalem absorbed it all, to become first century Jewish myth (book of Enoch) Brother Esaias wrote a lot of good stuff on that subject. You should of read it. But the bottomless pit, the abyss, as described in Homer's Iliad, was lower than the abode of Hades, as the heavens were as far from the earth. Bottomless refers to eternal, never ending, it is totally symbolic, and poetic. Just as the Roman patricians, and Diaspora Judeans understood.
As usual you wrest what I said. When I said it was a speculation I was obviously referring to THE HOLLOW EARTH THEORY.

I do not speculate whether there is a bottomless pit in the Earth. I believe in it.

If the bottomless pit is lower than Hades that just means it is lower than the grave, Biblically speaking. And its strange if its just "poetic" and "symbolic" that John wrote it was opened and beings who were led by a king come out of it.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
That is because you behave like you are unable to be criticized.
Maybe that why you preach over the internet from a trailer home ivory tower.
A talking head doesn't have to stand under the hot light and answer hard questions. Mike, stop being a hippy.
Whats wrong with preaching over the internet? I thank God for it. It was prophesied to me in 1975 I would preach to thousands of people. He has fulfilled that at least in part by the net.

But just in conversation I was standing on the streets of cities and witnessing from 1975 until now. I had radio broadcasts in 3 American cities and 5 nations.

I thank God through Jesus Christ for all the wonders and greatness I have experienced.

I was a hippy. I am now a disciple of Christ.

You do in fact remind me of a biker. Maybe you should think on that for a minute or two.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Because Tartarus and the bottomless pit is symbolic. But you preach over the internet to the neophyte and Fort Lauderdale housewives that it is an actual place. Which houses flying monsters, giants, and a beast.
Is Tartarus an actual place?

Quote:
4For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to TARTARUS, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; 5And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; 6And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
According to the APOSTLE PETER yes it is a real place. It houses angels that sinned.

Men mock the Apostolic word. They have no fear of God.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:07 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

According to the APOSTLE PETER yes it is a real place. It houses angels that sinned.

No, Mike. You cannot go out to your back yard with shovel in hand.
Dig, dig, dig and find Tartarus. Sorry, but it is spritual, not physical. The name was taken from Greek mythology (do you believe in Greek mythology now?) and used because Peter was addressing Diaspora Hellenized Judeans.

Also watch it, before you start warning anyone of blasphemy you are far from being a judge of what’s Apostolic.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
No, Mike. You cannot go out to your back yard with shovel in hand.
Dig, dig, dig and find Tartarus. Sorry, but it is spritual, not physical. The name was taken from Greek mythology (do you believe in Greek mythology now?) and used because Peter was addressing Diaspora Hellenized Judeans.

Also watch it, before you start warning anyone of blasphemy you are far from being a judge of what’s Apostolic.
Sorry Dom,

You resist what PETER AN APOSTLE OF JESUS taught the saints.

Try again to believe the truth. Apostle of Jesus, yes the same one that preached Acts 2:38 wrote.

2 Peter 4-6

4For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to TARTARUS, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; 5And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; 6And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

So do you ALSO believe the flood in Noahs day which is the very next thought, mere mythology?

How about the destruction of Sodom? Was that just mythology in the same context?
Old 04-03-2019, 02:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The name was taken from Greek mythology (do you believe in Greek mythology now?) and used because Peter was addressing Diaspora Hellenized Judeans.
Actually its addressed to those who believed the same things he did.

2 Peter 1:1

1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
Old 04-03-2019, 03:04 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

Is it possible you have misunderstood what's going in Peter's epistle? Nobody is mocking the apostolic word. They are disagreeing with your interpretation of the word.

Did Peter mention Tartarus? Actually, not really, the Greek word is a verb, literally "tartarised", translated as the whole phrase "cast them down into hell". Since Tartarus appears nowhere else in all of Scripture, why did he use the verb form without explanation, as if he expected his audience to already know what he was talking about? Where did they get the background information, to not be saying " Huh? Peter, whatchoo talkin bout?"

Is it possible you are building a belief and doctrine based on incomplete information? Information available to those first century readers but which for some reason YOU have not been exposed to?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-03-2019, 03:07 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Sorry Dom,

You resist what PETER AN APOSTLE OF JESUS taught the saints.

Try again to believe the truth. Apostle of Jesus, yes the same one that preached Acts 2:38 wrote.

2 Peter 4-6

So do you ALSO believe the flood in Noahs day which is the very next thought, mere mythology?

How about the destruction of Sodom? Was that just mythology in the same context?
Is it also possible you have misinterpreted "angels that sinned"? Where in the Bible do we read about "angels that sinned who were cast down into hell"? What is he referring to?

How did his original audience understand him, and on what basis would they have gotten that understanding?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf