Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-07-2008, 11:56 PM
First Lady

Ladies Christmas Banquet Ideas.....

For our annual Christmas Banquet/Party this year, I want to come up with something different/unique and fun. So I had this idea of a "Cookie Swap" and then everybody had to bring a homemade gift.

I'd like some different ideas and opinions and input.

(Now last time I started a thread like this, it went down hill fast, so please be nice to me.)
Old 09-08-2008, 12:02 AM
Banned

Re: Ladies Christmas Banquet Ideas.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoonskinner View Post
For our annual Christmas Banquet/Party this year, I want to come up with something different/unique and fun. So I had this idea of a "Cookie Swap" and then everybody had to bring a homemade gift.

(Now last time I started a thread like this, it went down hill fast, so please be nice to me.)

Go to a Day spa. Then have cookies...
Old 09-08-2008, 12:05 AM
First Lady

They'd probably like that. But I don't think the hubbies would, we have spoiled them, by making it last only a couple of hours, so that's probably out of the question.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:55 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Perhaps....

you could have a Christmas "tea" and have other holiday icons swing by to briefly check things out. We could start with the Thanksgiving Turkey, then St Patty and of course the good ole Easter Bunny...

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 09-08-2008, 05:31 AM
delete account

Because of the rural area you are in, I would make it a comfortable home scene. Homemade ice candles with pine cones and acorns for centerpieces. I fireplace with homemade items as gifts for eveyone. Apple/cinnamon Christmas cider and pot roast and potatoes with a green bean salad. Have a woman/yourself speak on family or have a mother/daughter team speak on the mature woman's role in the church followed by the younger woman's role in the church.

Cozy, comfy, warm, home Christmas theme.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 09-08-2008, 06:14 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoonskinner View Post

I have a great idea, how about squid and clam served on crackers with bits of smoked eel. With a chedder and tabasco dip?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I have a great idea, how about squid and clam served on crackers with bits of smoked eel. With a chedder and tabasco dip?

You know that sounds great! Have you ever had the Calamari walk away cocktails they serve on the Wharf there in S.F.?

Smoked clams are great but deep fried EVEN BETTER! Deep fried oysters by the way are out of this world too, but you probably knew that.

Tried the smoked eel at Schipol ...didn't do a whole lot for me. But I would try it again! Anything (Almost) once. I had promised myself I would never eat brains , but in a country I once lived in they served up this big selection of appetizers to eat with Pita bread, and what I THOUGHT was some kind of scrambled egg dish turned out to be sheep brains, spit it out washed my mouth out with vodka (okay the last part isnt true) but YUCK never again!

Almost makes me recoil from scrambled eggs as well!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:16 AM
Registered Member

Sis CS, can I be very honest with you? If you were having a cookie exchange, I'm afraid I probably wouldn't come. I don't have time anymore to make homemade Christmas cookies and I wouldn't feel comfortable coming if I couldn't participate. Sorry.

Do you have a local tea house in your area? We have a couple around here. Our ladies love to go to them. We get to dress up and be very 'proper'. One of them even has hats that you are required to wear if you don't come with your own. Remember that 'back in the day' if you went to tea, you came dressed appropriately, including a head covering And the best part is that you get waited on and are treated like a lady!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:36 AM
My Family!

Noooooooooooo - it's toooooo early to have to think about Christmas!

Here's a twist - - have the men serve the ladies!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

Decorate in red and white gingham along with black accents. Then find someone who knows how to do great silhouettes. Have them come and do a silhouette of each lady. Have someone there to cut out the black silhouettes and glue them on a background that matches your decorations. Then get some cheap black frames (Wal-mart has them for $1.00 each). Put them in the frames and use them for table decorations. Let the women spend some time comparing theirs with each other. When the evening is over, they can take their silhouettes home with them.