Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > The Shopping Mall
Facebook

Notices

The Shopping Mall Find a great deal online? Share it here... Also the place to find links for consumer help sites, etc ...


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Pragmatist Pragmatist is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: West
Posts: 1,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcD View Post
I drove a paid for vehicle for years but I had to much so much money into it that I might as well had a payment. I have a payment now and I also have peace of mind that my car will get me where I want to go.
I second the above. We have a Toyota and a Honda that we bought new because I was tired of dealing with cars that broke down constantly. My husband is completely deficient in car knowledge and it is worth the car payment to not have to deal with the problems.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-15-2008, 07:37 PM
ronharvey's Avatar
ronharvey ronharvey is offline
Study Advocate


 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sellersburg, IN
Posts: 670
Re: Car Payments

I have always driven used cars.

I bought my wife a new car in 2006 (She deserved it) on my birthday.

I rest easy knowing she is ok when on the road.

Ron
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-17-2008, 01:52 AM
electric.S10's Avatar
electric.S10 electric.S10 is offline
don't need no stinkin' gas


 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Clarksville IN
Posts: 49
Re: Car Payments

This is a old thread , but if it is ok I to would like to post in it. I am totally against car payments . My bible tells me God wants us to be lenders not borrowers . I have not had a payment on my cars or houses for years .I set my goals that we would be debt free and stay that way . I do understand everyone is not as mechanically gifted as I am but everyone you are smart enough to find a good mechanic and have him inspect the vehicle you want to purchase . So what if it cost a little to have it looked at . Is it better to find a older car that has alot of life left in it and have no car payments or have the stress and hassle of car payments ? I have bought and repaired over 200 cars and am now trying to find other cars to help people to have good rides and no payments . Why is it everyone feels they have to have the newest car . They are a total waste of money . All while you are driving that vehicle with payments if it breaks down you still have payments and now a repair bill as well. The 1st month we became debt free my wife blew up the engine in her car just because she didn't want to stop . Of course I was fit to be tied when my son told me dad I kept telling her to stop . LOL but after I calmed down I put her in one of my trucks and bought a engine and had it installed and told her you know the good thing about all of this ? She said what ? I said we can write a check and go on .
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-17-2008, 08:15 PM
ronharvey's Avatar
ronharvey ronharvey is offline
Study Advocate


 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sellersburg, IN
Posts: 670
Re: Car Payments

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric.S10 View Post
This is a old thread , but if it is ok I to would like to post in it. I am totally against car payments . My bible tells me God wants us to be lenders not borrowers . I have not had a payment on my cars or houses for years .I set my goals that we would be debt free and stay that way . I do understand everyone is not as mechanically gifted as I am but everyone you are smart enough to find a good mechanic and have him inspect the vehicle you want to purchase . So what if it cost a little to have it looked at . Is it better to find a older car that has alot of life left in it and have no car payments or have the stress and hassle of car payments ? I have bought and repaired over 200 cars and am now trying to find other cars to help people to have good rides and no payments . Why is it everyone feels they have to have the newest car . They are a total waste of money . All while you are driving that vehicle with payments if it breaks down you still have payments and now a repair bill as well. The 1st month we became debt free my wife blew up the engine in her car just because she didn't want to stop . Of course I was fit to be tied when my son told me dad I kept telling her to stop . LOL but after I calmed down I put her in one of my trucks and bought a engine and had it installed and told her you know the good thing about all of this ? She said what ? I said we can write a check and go on .
Old? You must really live in the fast lane, the last post before your was two days ago.

As I said, my wife deserved it.

I have always driven used cars because I can repair them (That skill resides with more than a few).

But two years later when she fixes me a special dinner and kisses me and says, I love my car; thank you.... Son, I'm ready to get her another one LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Ron

Last edited by ronharvey; 09-17-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Spelling correction.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-17-2008, 08:18 PM
AmazingGrace AmazingGrace is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dallas,Tx
Posts: 6,978
Re: Car Payments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronharvey View Post
Old, you myst really live in the fast lane, the last post before your was two days ago.

As I said, my wife deserved it.

I have always driven used cars because I can repair them (That skill resides with more than a few).

But two years later when she fixes me a special dinner and kisses me and says, I love my car; thank you.... Son, I'm ready to get her another one LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Ron
What he is referring to by old is the post date before your first post on this thread LOL
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-17-2008, 08:21 PM
ronharvey's Avatar
ronharvey ronharvey is offline
Study Advocate


 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sellersburg, IN
Posts: 670
Re: Car Payments

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
What he is referring to by old is the post date before your first post on this thread LOL
So, like me, you also sit in a tree branch and watch the replies to your posts!

HA!

Ron
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-17-2008, 11:57 PM
electric.S10's Avatar
electric.S10 electric.S10 is offline
don't need no stinkin' gas


 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Clarksville IN
Posts: 49
Re: Car Payments

Actually brother I am glad you brought it back to life . I wish all my brothers and sisters in Christ were debt free . Amazing Grace is correct on my thoughts but it's all good .
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-17-2023, 12:49 AM
electric.S10's Avatar
electric.S10 electric.S10 is offline
don't need no stinkin' gas


 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Clarksville IN
Posts: 49
Re: Car Payments

Hey brothers and sisters I am back!!!! Wait til you see my new post on this "OLD thread" LOL
__________________
Proverbs 23:23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.
My Countdown Counting down to:
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-17-2023, 03:41 AM
Amanah's Avatar
Amanah Amanah is offline
Covenant Apostolic


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sebastian, FL
Posts: 8,728
Re: Car Payments

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric.S10 View Post
Hey brothers and sisters I am back!!!! Wait til you see my new post on this "OLD thread" LOL
Welcome back!

I'm driving a 2003 Honda Element and a 2016 Honda Fit, both run great!

Last edited by Amanah; 01-17-2023 at 04:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-17-2023, 12:11 PM
good samaritan's Avatar
good samaritan good samaritan is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,710
Re: Car Payments

Cars donít last anymore. I have been in the automotive field for nearly 30years. Recently I have been working on 2018ís with major engines issues with no fault of the owners. All the late model stuff have so much technology linked together with impossible emissions control laws that destroy the engines for the sake of fuel mileage and pollution control. Ironically I donít think they are getting better fuel economy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Salome
- by Salome
- by Amanah

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.