Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Garfield

I suffer from an extreme case of MIL, but I have learned to live with it.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
I hate being negative, but I do live with chronic pain in my right knee.

I had torn cartilage when I was 16 and had surgery. Eight years ago, I had arthroscopic surgery of the same knee which has basically left no cartilage at all in the one side of my knee, so it's bone on bone.

Eventually, I will need a partial knee replacement, but want to put that off as long as possible because they only last 10 years, so at my 'young' age, I would have to have a couple replacements - lol!

In the meantime, a gel therapy has been helpful (rooster comb shots in my knee).
By gel therapy do you mean pectin? I have read a lot about pectin and how it helps rebuild cartilage.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:27 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
By gel therapy do you mean pectin? I have read a lot about pectin and how it helps rebuild cartilage.
http://www.tririversortho.com/pdf/JFTChickenfacts.pdf
Old 03-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Saved & Shaved

add me to the list..
Old 03-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
add me to the list..
I remember. Are you able to get some coverage to get it looked at?
Old 03-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I remember. Are you able to get some coverage to get it looked at?
Went to the doc yesterday. He told me what I already knew... "Your AC Joint is separated.." then he said "the surgeon will be in Monday, he comes in from L.A. With these kinds of cases we rate them 1-3. 3 being more severe. You are a 1. He may not want to operate."

If he does not want to operate I will find someone else to do it, I'll go to a vet.

I NEED to have this surgery!! The doc also said "we don't have your file. It's been over a yr since you've seen us. It is in storage."
Anyway, before the doc came in to see me I could hear my NPR tell him "..I tried to get someone to see him for over a yr and a half and I couldn't get him in with anyone. We have an extensive file on him. His separation is a wide separation."
Old 03-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
Went to the doc yesterday. He told me what I already knew... "Your AC Joint is separated.." then he said "the surgeon will be in Monday, he comes in from L.A. With these kinds of cases we rate them 1-3. 3 being more severe. You are a 1. He may not want to operate."

If he does not want to operate I will find someone else to do it, I'll go to a vet.

I NEED to have this surgery!! The doc also said "we don't have your file. It's been over a yr since you've seen us. It is in storage."
Anyway, before the doc came in to see me I could hear my NPR tell him "..I tried to get someone to see him for over a yr and a half and I couldn't get him in with anyone. We have an extensive file on him. His separation is a wide separation."
Praying for you Bro that God will touch you, or that he will connect you with the proper medical help-quickly!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Praying for you Bro that God will touch you, or that he will connect you with the proper medical help-quickly!
I'm staying optimistic...

3 weeks ago I was on the edge...
Old 03-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
I have chronic atypical fibromyalgia according to my rheumatoligist. Additionally, I have had Radical ACL reconstruction of my right knee, my left knee has been scoped twice, I have had L5 and L6 fused, my left shoulder has been radically reconstructed twice, and I currently have bulging disks at C4,5 & 6. I have also recently developed problems with vascular neuropathy due to my diabetes that causes my feet (specifically the toes and ball of the foot) to burn and hurt and feel like the toes are going to explode.

I suffer greatly and get less than 2 hours of quality sleep a night and rarely more than 4 or 5 hours totally.

all that said, I do not let it slow me down although there is not much I can do about the effect the pain and sleep deprivation have on my performance. I work out every day for approximately 1.5 hours lifting and walking or riding a bike. I find that activity is the key to my being able to continue to be active. I fear that if I ever quit I will shut down.

I actually walked 16 holes of golf yesterday carrying a full 14 club bag but I had to drop two holes to finish due to the pain in my feet. I make it fine for nine holes but my feet really begin to act up on the back nine.

Oh well, enough pettiness! I am truly blessed to be where I am and able to do what I do. I am possessed of a grateful heart!
My husband plays golf a lot and walks, he has been complaining about his feet hurting too. But get him to go to the doctor
Old 03-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

I no longer suffer from chronic pain, but I did for almost two years. Thankfully, I was able to have surgery that implanted a shunt in my brain, and voila! Headache and neurological problems gone and I'm no longer mostly blind.

My experience helps me understand others better where I couldn't understand before. I believe God allowed me to suffer in order to get this understanding. It also helps me in my calling as a nurse.

If you have never suffered, you cannot understand.