Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
No one would fault him for good diplomacy. You can respect a mans religon because it is what he has chosen. But a real disciple will confess Jesus is the LORD. Tho he may respect others views he will not be ashamed of his own whether they be male or female small or great. A disciple of Jesus will confess him openly.
I think we should be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. No sense in getting in someone's face when they don't want to listen. I think you have to wait.

The men on Mar's Hill wanted to listen. Not sure the Muslim world, at large, is ready.

Their memories are of the crusades and, in fact, they equate all of Christianity with the Catholic Church.

We have a lot of patient work ahead of us.
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Please refer to Brother Epley's thread on the subject of the Messianic Jewish revival.....that has been debunked.

Lets see, ive heard Breshnev (sp) got the HG
Bill Clinton got the HG.
Michael Landon got the HG
Billy Graham either did or admitted you needed it.
now
GWB

I suspect this is another Apostolic legend.
Administrator

Michael The Disciple,

I am pasting the first article I found in a simple google search about the Prez and Christianity. I am still blown away that you don't know the President's very public stance regarding his Christianity. You really ought to do a little research!
This article will be a start for you. Unless of course you don't want the facts to mess up your view.

Bush says God chose him to lead his nation

Book reveals how President's religious and political beliefs are entwined - and claims he did pray with Blair

Paul Harris in New York
Sunday November 2, 2003
The Observer

President George W. Bush stood before a cheering crowd at a Dallas Christian youth centre last week, and told them about being 'born again' as a Christian.

'If you change their heart, then they change their behaviour. I know,' he said, referring to his own conversion, which led to him giving up drinking.

Behind Bush were two banners. 'King of Kings', proclaimed one. 'Lord of Lords', said the other. The symbolism of how fervent Christianity has become deeply entwined with the most powerful man on the planet could not have been stronger.

Article continues
Few US Presidents have been as openly religious as Bush. Now a new book has lifted the lid on how deep those Christian convictions run. It will stir up controversy at a time when the administration is keen to portray its 'war on terror' as non-religious.

The book, which depicts a President who prays each day and believes he is on a direct mission from God, will give ammunition to critics who claim Bush's administration is heavily influenced by extremist Christians.

Bush is already under fire for allowing the appointment of General William Boykin to head the hunt for Osama bin Laden. Boykin, who speaks at evangelical Christian meetings, once said the war on terror was a fight against Satan, and also told a Somali warlord that, 'My God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God and his was an idol.'

Bush has also been accused of a 'creeping Christianisation' of federal government programmes. In September, the government made more than $60 billion available for religious charitable groups. Critics say the groups will be able to use the cash to promote their religion. One group that benefited from previous grants was an Iowa prison project that entitled inmates to televisions, private bathrooms and computers - in return for Christian counselling.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
You must not be very well read then because I have read numerous interviews where he talks about the work of Christ in his life, being born again, etc.

In fact his faith was one of the main criticisms the left had about him in 2000 and 2004.
No I am not well read. But I watch CNN daily at lunch time. And I read WorldNetDaily on a regular basis. He appears on CNN daily in their coverage. I have never heard him speak of Jesus.

Yes he mentions the generic God a lot. All men no matter who they are are asked to pray about things. His mission give democracy to the world is a great perversion of the holy scriptures.

If he indeed reads them then he knows this is true and is in that case DELIBERATLY twisting scripture.

I am well read in the Bible. I have read it almost every day for 33 years. Thats why I said if he is a Christian the world is not in such bad shape after all.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Michael The Disciple,

I am pasting the first article I found in a simple google search about the Prez and Christianity. I am still blown away that you don't know the President's very public stance regarding his Christianity. You really ought to do a little research!
This article will be a start for you. Unless of course you don't want the facts to mess up your view.

Bush says God chose him to lead his nation

Book reveals how President's religious and political beliefs are entwined - and claims he did pray with Blair

Paul Harris in New York
Sunday November 2, 2003
The Observer

President George W. Bush stood before a cheering crowd at a Dallas Christian youth centre last week, and told them about being 'born again' as a Christian.

'If you change their heart, then they change their behaviour. I know,' he said, referring to his own conversion, which led to him giving up drinking.

Behind Bush were two banners. 'King of Kings', proclaimed one. 'Lord of Lords', said the other. The symbolism of how fervent Christianity has become deeply entwined with the most powerful man on the planet could not have been stronger.

Article continues
Few US Presidents have been as openly religious as Bush. Now a new book has lifted the lid on how deep those Christian convictions run. It will stir up controversy at a time when the administration is keen to portray its 'war on terror' as non-religious.

The book, which depicts a President who prays each day and believes he is on a direct mission from God, will give ammunition to critics who claim Bush's administration is heavily influenced by extremist Christians.

Bush is already under fire for allowing the appointment of General William Boykin to head the hunt for Osama bin Laden. Boykin, who speaks at evangelical Christian meetings, once said the war on terror was a fight against Satan, and also told a Somali warlord that, 'My God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God and his was an idol.'

Bush has also been accused of a 'creeping Christianisation' of federal government programmes. In September, the government made more than $60 billion available for religious charitable groups. Critics say the groups will be able to use the cash to promote their religion. One group that benefited from previous grants was an Iowa prison project that entitled inmates to televisions, private bathrooms and computers - in return for Christian counselling.
Of course I am aware he says he is a Christian. All Presidents do. And I said earlier I do like him for some reason. I want him to do well. But the things you post in this post do not at all change what I said.

He has spoken nothing against Sodomites tho they are daily increasing in power. In front of all America when asked if it were a "choice" he said he did not know.

Any true Christian knows homosexuality is sin. But he could yet recover himself and begin to speak as a Christian would. I have prayed for him many times and will continue to do so. I hope he has now received the Holy Ghost. Until he personally confesses he has I will be skeptical.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
No I am not well read. But I watch CNN daily at lunch time. And I read WorldNetDaily on a regular basis. He appears on CNN daily in their coverage. I have never heard him speak of Jesus.

Yes he mentions the generic God a lot. All men no matter who they are are asked to pray about things. His mission give democracy to the world is a great perversion of the holy scriptures.

If he indeed reads them then he knows this is true and is in that case DELIBERATLY twisting scripture.

I am well read in the Bible. I have read it almost every day for 33 years. Thats why I said if he is a Christian the world is not in such bad shape after all.
Although all of us want a Christian president, I don't think anyone expects a president to speak a lot on Christiany. Consider, the flip side of the coin, if our president was Islam, would you want him promoting his religion?
Old 04-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Of course I am aware he says he is a Christian. All Presidents do. And I said earlier I do like him for some reason. I want him to do well. But the things you post in this post do not at all change what I said.

He has spoken nothing against Sodomites tho they are daily increasing in power. In front of all America when asked if it were a "choice" he said he did not know.

Any true Christian knows homosexuality is sin. But he could yet recover himself and begin to speak as a Christian would. I have prayed for him many times and will continue to do so. I hope he has now received the Holy Ghost. Until he personally confesses he has I will be skeptical.
Now I understand you better. You are one of those unrealistic people who believes that any President who is a Christian should suddenly pretend that he is a King and impose conservative Christian values by decree.

Reality just does not work that way. A President has his personal values and then he has the responsibility of being President of all the people including muslims, atheists, agnostics, etc.

I think GWB has done more to push a moral agenda in America than any other modern President. His first act in office back in 2001 was to make a Presidential order that no Federal funds could be used to support org.'s that performed abortions. This was something Pres. Reagan had done but Clinton had undone.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Step By Step - Day By Day

I'm glad to hear someone speak up in defence of Bush. I get tired of all the nega-speak. I believe that he's on the scene directly in sync with God's plan and purpose.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 04-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
I'm glad to hear someone speak up in defence of Bush. I get tired of all the nega-speak. I believe that he's on the scene directly in sync with God's plan and purpose.
I agree.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
Yup. Sadly many Republians are experience fatigue from all of the Bush Bashing and are not supporting him like they should.

Hopefully two years of Democratic leadership will be enough for Americans to remember what they are like and what their agenda is.

I will say one thing for the Democrats. I have never seen anyone as committed to anything as strongly as they are committed to something. Unfortunetly that something is "defeat" and that is a terrible thing to be committed to.